What's new

Retrieve Katchatheevu,State tells Centre

1st get the islands back and 2nd create a new country called tamil eelam.

vaalga tamil velga tamil

Dude - Any party at the center unless it has absolute majority does not have powers to pass a bill to offset the current laws - the current law is if you want to grant a land to a foreign country ratify it in two houses of parliament which did not happen here. Katchatheevu was not ratified so illegal under Indian laws and so Supreme court is the final say.

And Congress will not attempt passing any bills bypassing these laws as it does not have a majority and many parties will not be supporting a bill which will seen as something of an anti-Indian. Already BJP is against the Katchatheevu granting apart from the TN parties.

PS - The issue will blow up at the center's face like the Italian marines issue where the center even if it wanted an easy way out was not allowed by Supreme Court a wiggle room.

but what @Skyline is saying makes sense here..of course being an indian i would like the island to be our part..but even if it was illegal,how can we take it back from SL??coz we cant enforce our rules outside our country..and as of now that island is sri lankan..

Last edited by a moderator:
but what @Skyline is saying makes sense here..of course being an indian i would like the island to be our part..but even if it was illegal,how can we take it back from SL??coz we cant enforce our rules outside our country..and as of now that island is sri lankan..

The territory was granted illegally. Moreover the 1976 agreement was signed by some insensitive official at the center taking advantage of emergency violating the democratic norms of a country. Many TN fishermen has been killed and center is reponsible for that. Foreign country my a** - If SC declares it illegal then GOI cant sit on its a** and give some lame excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
The territory was granted illegally. Moreover the 1976 agreement was signed by some insensitive official at the center taking advantage of emergency violating the democratic norms of a country. Many TN fishermen has been killed and center is reponsible for that. Foreign country my a** - If SC declares it illegal then GOI cant sit on its a** and give some lame excuses.

That agreement has signed between two countries. If Indian supreme court has super powers then India can solve dispute border issues with other countries very easily than crying for a solved matter. Tamilnadu is just a one state of India so if India has signed an agreement with another country you guyz have to follow coz you're citizens in that country. So don't enter another country's waters, it clearly violates the International laws and Sri Lankan law. SL law is fully functioning in our waters so than getting caught in our waters it is good to keep away from it.

That agreement has signed between two countries. If Indian supreme court has super powers then India can solve dispute border issues with other countries very easily than crying for a solved matter. Tamilnadu is just a one state of India so if India has signed an agreement with another country you guyz have to follow coz you're citizens in that country. So don't enter another country's waters, it clearly violates the International laws and Sri Lankan law. SL law is fully functioning in our waters so than getting caught in our waters it is good to keep away from it.

Indian SC showed its super powers forcing Indian Government to take on not just Italy but also Euro union who were trying to hide behind international laws and won the diplomatic contest hands down. On the other hand, we all know the super powers of SL huffing and puffing and getting a whole lot of support from various countries in defeating bunch of terrorists within its territory - Do you think SL can take on Indian Government if its hands are forced by the SC of India?

Indian SC showed its super powers forcing Indian Government to take on not just Italy but also Euro union who were trying to hide behind international laws and won the diplomatic contest hands down. On the other hand, we all know the super powers of SL huffing and puffing and getting a whole lot of support from various countries in defeating bunch of terrorists within its territory - Do you think SL can take on Indian Government if its hands were forced by the SC of India?

Don't get mixed up with that Italy "murder case" and think Indian court has powers give orders to another country.

Try to take it by force then see what will happen next.

Don't get mixed up with that Italy "murder case" and think Indian court has powers give orders to another country.

Try to take it by force then see what will happen next.
i know what ur thinking, all u will do is to give permanent military bases to chinese to contain us and fight alongside them in case of indo-china war,thats all,nothing else we would'nt be surprised.
nothing will happen & u cant do anything except u going to international court of justice.before shooting frm mouth u have to understand if and only if supreme court gives order to goi to reclaim the island it would have to adhere by it or otherwise it would have pass a resolution in the parliament to justify the giving of an indian island to srilanka as a gift (which it did by wrong means)and nullify the supreme court order with total support of parliament members and at the present situation it would be impossible to get any support as every political party is wooing them(tamilian political parties)to form the govt in the centre in the next comming election bcuz they have strong presence in indian politics and before that i have to say that supreme court wont pass any judgement with blink of an eye it will look each possible aspect that is relation between u & us as we have healthy relations except the recent times as we had voted against u and even if u go to icj u will find hard to proove its urs as it well documented that it was given by us to u as a gift by the then govt in wrong way.if ur govt was little sensible this problem would'nt have arised this all thing started after we voted against u had'nt we, there would'nt have any problem and u thought u can intimidate us with ur new found friends which u cant in ur lifetime or in coming centuries .

i know what ur thinking, all u will do is to give permanent military bases to chinese to contain us and fight alongside them in case of indo-china war,thats all,nothing else we would'nt be surprised.
nothing will happen & u cant do anything except u going to international court of justice.before shooting frm mouth u have to understand if and only if supreme court gives order to goi to reclaim the island it would have to adhere by it or otherwise it would have pass a resolution in the parliament to justify the giving of an indian island to srilanka as a gift (which it did by wrong means)and nullify the supreme court order with total support of parliament members and at the present situation it would be impossible to get any support as every political party is wooing them(tamilian political parties)to form the govt in the centre in the next comming election bcuz they have strong presence in indian politics and before that i have to say that supreme court wont pass any judgement with blink of an eye it will look each possible aspect that is relation between u & us as we have healthy relations except the recent times as we had voted against u and even if u go to icj u will find hard to proove its urs as it well documented that it was given by us to u as a gift by the then govt in wrong way.if ur govt was little sensible this problem would'nt have arised this all thing started after we voted against u had'nt we, there would'nt have any problem and u thought u can intimidate us with ur new found friends which u cant in ur lifetime or in coming centuries .

New found friends?? - Sri Lanka actively aided Pakistan in our 71 war.

i know that.new found friends=china & bangladesh off late.they are daring us only bcuz of china nothing else.i dont know but i've read in this very forum written by a lankan to mock us that while pakistani aircrafts were refueling in lanka our soldiers were guarding that airport.is it true?i wonder ,why we had friendly relations with them even after knowing that they actively aided pakistan in 71 war.it baffles me.

Apparently the last section of the 1974 agreement says the whole agreement is subject to ratification, which never happened.

That is not correct. They did not ACTIVELY aid Pakistan. At best they provided transit to Pakistani forces.

good move by Jayalalitha and Tamilnadu Govt.we don't owe anything to those ingratitude people.give back our island and have "strategic partnership with China"..lets see,how many islands they will give.. :omghaha:

Your Indian govt/intelligence is still sleeping China already has its naval base in Katchstheevu so getting back the isle will be an Indian dream .....

Your Indian govt/intelligence is still sleeping China already has its naval base in Katchstheevu so getting back the isle will be an Indian dream .....

leave katchstheevu,does china has naval base in sri lanka except commercial port which it developed for them?are u so sure of yours not so sleeping hyperactive sg govt/intelligence reports (or whichever country u belong to)of chinese naval base in katchstheevu?leave indian dreams aside its srilankan govt wet dream to give it to them or u(oops)or for that matter to any other country for naval base.if they do then they will face serious repercussions,they can give any part of srilanka to whomever they like but not katchstheevu.

leave katchstheevu,does china has naval base in sri lanka except commercial port which it developed for them?are u so sure of yours not so sleeping hyperactive sg govt/intelligence reports (or whichever country u belong to)of chinese naval base in katchstheevu?leave indian dreams aside its srilankan govt wet dream to give it to them or u(oops)or for that matter to any other country for naval base.if they do then they will face serious repercussions,they can give any part of srilanka to whomever they like but not katchstheevu.

why you Indians talk big ? China's incursions into Kashmir caught you sleeping , I challenge India to re-claim Katchatheevu than you walk the talk if not sifu

why you Indians talk big ?China incursion into Kashmir caught you sleeping , I challenge India to re-claim Katchatheevu than you walk the talk if not sifu

is this thread on chinese incursion or about katchatheevu?why derail the thread?go troll elsewhere.speak for urself dude not for others otherwise stfu.as for challenge say to ur govt to challenge ours govt to reclaim katchatheevu as they wont hear u bcuz u r insignificant.dont u have any other job why become a others mouthpiece let them speak for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom