What's new

Retirement Criteria Rules in PAK Armed Forces

ZeusMK

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Assalam o alekum,
I recently looked over at an advertisement for the recruitment as officers in the Mujahid Forces Division in the Pak Army. I am interested in that because they have a relaxed age limit (upto 30 years).

However it came to my knowledge that whether it be Mujahid Forces or any other division of PAK Army as well as Rangers with Permanent Commission, One can not retire before 25 years of service.

Actually retirements doesn't concern me much because i feel proud to serve my motherland and neither do i intend to go for it after begin selected by going through such a tremendous effort and enthusiasm but just to increase my knowledge before hand i need to have an exact and precise idea about the retirement rules in Pak Army.

1) I want to know each and every rule about each and every retirement (voluntarily/ forced etc)
2) Is there any difference in the retirement rules between PMA longcourse pass outs, mujahid forces officers pass outs or rangers officers pass outs.

Please let me make myself very clear that i want these answers from professionals/servicemen directly and not from a lay man with incomplete or rumored knowledge.

Other thoughts- In the drama alpha bravo charlie produced directly by ISPR it was shown that kashif (2nd LT PMA LC pass out) was about to walk out from army voluntarily and he was allowed to do so however later he changed his mind. That drama is now quite old so the rules might have changed so please let me hear it from a professional.

Awaiting intelligent and accurate replies.

Thanks for your time.

One can give up one's commission by voluntarily retirement giving up all your benefits. Normal retirement is linked to rank, age and medical fitness. My father retired after 28 years as colonel having reached the compulsory age limit.

All permanent commissioned officers who graduate from the respective military academies (PMA, PNA, PAF Risalpur) retire after completion of 23 years of service. However, there service can be extended with rank upto the rank age limit.

If someone wants premature retirement he can opt for retirement after 12 years of commissioned service.

Mujhahid, Rangers, FC are para military forces and have a different criteria for retirement.
Some officers are seconded to Rangers, FC and Mujhahid from the Army for 3 - 5 years, after which they go back to their parent arm.

If your really interested, for more detailed information you will have to visit the respective recruitment centers.

One can give up one's commission by voluntarily retirement giving up all your benefits. Normal retirement is linked to rank, age and medical fitness. My father retired after 28 years as colonel having reached the compulsory age limit.

All permanent commissioned officers who graduate from the respective military academies (PMA, PNA, PAF Risalpur) retire after completion of 23 years of service. However, there service can be extended with rank upto the rank age limit.

If someone wants premature retirement he can opt for retirement after 12 years of commissioned service.

Mujhahid, Rangers, FC are para military forces and have a different criteria for retirement.
Some officers are seconded to Rangers, FC and Mujhahid from the Army for 3 - 5 years, after which they go back to their parent arm.

If your really interested, for more detailed information you will have to visit the respective recruitment centers.

Thank you for replying to my query.
i have one more important question related to this topic.
let's say if one during the training or after the deployment under commission develops some form of uncertainty or emergencies or otherwise that renders him to leave force voluntarily and giving up all the benefits too. can he quit or in an instant or would he be bounded and forbidden to do so for some time? (i.e if any one wants to leave before the completion of training or after training and deployment,.)

Thank you for replying to my query.
i have one more important question related to this topic.
let's say if one during the training or after the deployment under commission develops some form of uncertainty or emergencies or otherwise that renders him to leave force voluntarily and giving up all the benefits too. can he quit or in an instant or would he be bounded and forbidden to do so for some time? (i.e if any one wants to leave before the completion of training or after training and deployment,.)

If someone want to leave early before 10 years of commissioned service, he will have to pay the money spent on him during his training and courses.
(Off course this will be with no benefits at all)

Last edited:
If someone want to leave early before 10 years of commissioned service, he will have to pay the money spent on him during his training and courses.
(Off course this will with no benefits at all)

depends on the critically of the request.

depends on the critically of the request.

brothers, this query may question my own conviction and intention of joining the most prestigious of all professions but believe me i am only asking it for knowledge. I am the only son of my parents, if for any reason i am needed more vitally then ever by them then i might have to consider going against my will and prestige and quit the force. However one of the officers from another organisation related to army told me that you can't quit once you enter before 25 years.
I believe he misunderstood "voluntarily resignation (with no benefits)" by "voluntary retirement (with all the benefits)".

I am asking about voluntarily resignation.
I hope you brothers understood the essence of my query.

brothers, this query may question my own conviction and intention of joining the most prestigious of all professions but believe me i am only asking it for knowledge. I am the only son of my parents, if for any reason i am needed more vitally then ever by them then i might have to consider going against my will and prestige and quit the force. However one of the officers from another organisation related to army told me that you can't quit once you enter before 25 years.
I believe he misunderstood "voluntarily resignation (with no benefits)" by "voluntary retirement (with all the benefits)".

I am asking about voluntarily resignation.
I hope you brothers understood the essence of my query.

Yes you can.
Read post #6.

Heard that Musharf told to decrease retirement term to 50 years? Also, is he coming back to control the country again.

He can easily to privatization in just 6 months.

Yes you can.
Read post #6.
and bro the funny part is that when i called the army selection and recruitment center yesterday at noon time, the operator was exhausted by swarm of calls, the poor guy lost his patience. So when i asked him this question he went full inflamed and said to me 'bhai ap ayen hi nahi na, aysay fuzul sawal na karen'. I don't blame him though. He didn't understood the notion of the query as u did.

Yes you can.
Read post #6.
So brother, if i am not very wrong. If an individual want to leave during training or after training (and deployment as an officer) before the official retirement bound time of 12-25 years, then that individual has to pay the amount of money spent of him till date.

i was just wondering how much money would that be in PKR? (estimated) (during or after training/commission as officer)

Heard that Musharf told to decrease retirement term to 50 years? Also, is he coming back to control the country again.

That would be to good to be true

Good luck and stay safe bro.
jazak ALLAH bro.

and remember the expense of a soldiers's training and other costs are around 3 million as of 1987:lol:

Back
Top Bottom