What's new

Response to strike from Pak will be very heavy: IAF chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
His response is the stated position of India wrt our nuclear doctrine. It is necessary to articulate the same from time to time to make sure that the other side gets the "message". Just as Pakistan made a point by testing "Nasr", India is making a point that any use (even a tactical strike against forces) will be considered a first strike and will evoke a retaliatory "non-limited" response/ strike. It clearly articulates India's stance that any strike or an attempted strike will evoke retaliation without limitation. This does not mean that India would retaliate per say. Nor does the testing of Nasr mean Pakistan would start dropping nuclear bombs on Indian forces from the word go. It is a process of posturing which is a part of any dynamic bilateral nuclear equation and should be considered in the same light.

His response is the stated position of India wrt our nuclear doctrine. It is necessary to articulate the same from time to time to make sure that the other side gets the "message". Just as Pakistan made a point by testing "Nasr", India is making a point that any use (even a tactical strike against forces) will be considered a first strike and will evoke a retaliatory "non-limited" response/ strike. It clearly articulates India's stance that any strike or an attempted strike will evoke retaliation without limitation. This does not mean that India would retaliate per say. Nor does the testing of Nasr mean Pakistan would start dropping nuclear bombs on Indian forces from the word go. It is a process of posturing which is a part of any dynamic bilateral nuclear equation and should be considered in the same light.

If Pakistan used a Nasr tactical nuclear weapon, on an Indian column advancing into Pakistani territory (Cold start for example), India would not respond with nuclear weapons.

Because that would risk escalating it into a full-blown nuclear war. Which would destroy everything that India has managed to achieve in the past few decades.

If Pakistan used a Nasr tactical nuclear weapon, on an Indian column advancing into Pakistani territory (Cold start for example), India would not respond with nuclear weapons.

Because that would risk escalating it into a full-blown nuclear war. Which would destroy everything that India has managed to achieve in the past few decades.

I think that if either side used even a tactical nuclear weapon, the public fury in the other country for retaliation would be too great. The Cold War may be gone, but M.A.D. is still around.

2 days back..articles were published which said pakistan added 24 missiles and in that article was dedicated for india.that it can target every part of india..
if u have added missiles,then wat is the meaning of mentioning india in the article...dont we know it??

anyway,my pov is..this is going both sides.

I just think that actions speak louder than words. Especially the words used by the IAF chief. We'll agree to disagree.

I think that if either side used even a tactical nuclear weapon, the public fury in the other country for retaliation would be too great. The Cold War may be gone, but M.A.D. is still around.

Then what is the point of testing "Nasr" if they are not willing to use it?

The whole point of deterrence, is to make it known, that you WILL use your weapons if necessary. If the other side believes you won't use it, deterrence has already failed.

If a tactical nuclear weapon is used defensively inside your own territory, against an invading column of Indian tanks, that should not breach the threshold for a full-scale nuclear war.

india have answer from nasr to bla bla.....
and pakistan will be the first country to nuke its own soil:lol:
economics went wrong:azn:

the threat of mutual assured destruction may be reduced for the Indian side when our BMD is ready and running there are reports we may still purchase the Israeli arrow missile system, the Indian nuclear doctrine is clear no first use however if we are attacked by any kind of WMD we respond "heavily" he was just echoing that same doctrine he was asked a question and he answered he is not trying to provoke anyone

i don't mean to troll but when INS Arihant enters service and if it is hidden deep below the arabian sea waiting for a strike on enemy soil do you think Pakistan would still use the nuke option knowing that they themselves would be screwed?,

Then what is the point of testing "Nasr" if they are not willing to use it?

The whole point of deterrence, is to make it known, that you WILL use your weapons if necessary. If the other side believes you won't use it, deterrence has already failed.

If a tactical nuclear weapon is used defensively inside your own territory, against an invading column of Indian tanks, that should not breach the threshold for a full-scale nuclear war.

it doesn't matter if it is a sub kiloton device like Nasr the Indian nuclear doctrine states if its civilians or armed forces are attacked by another state the response will be "heavy" in other words if a Indian strike corps is nuked to bits by a Nasr we would respond with strategic nukes like Agni and Prithvi that is the point of no first use

the threat of mutual assured destruction may be reduced for the Indian side when our BMD is ready and running there are reports we may still purchase the Israeli arrow missile system, the Indian nuclear doctrine is clear no first use however if we are attacked by any kind of WMD we respond "heavily" he was just echoing that same doctrine he was asked a question and he answered he is not trying to provoke anyone

i don't mean to troll but when INS Arihant enters service and if it is hidden deep below the arabian sea waiting for a strike on enemy soil do you think Pakistan would still use the nuke option knowing that they themselves would be screwed?,

pakistan is the only nation after NK who is desperate to use its nukes..i dont know how they can think to use it.
even i prefer to no use if we loose war..

^^^ use of nasr is useless. Pakistan has no balls to attack India forget abt using nuke.
If they have capability we would hear
Give us Kashmir or nuke u
Give us water or nuke u.

Otherwise they won't send some brainwashed kids to attack and kill civilians.

it doesn't matter if it is a sub kiloton device like Nasr the Indian nuclear doctrine states if its civilians or armed forces are attacked by another state the response will be "heavy" in other words if a Indian strike corps is nuked to bits by a Nasr we would respond with strategic nukes like Agni and Prithvi that is the point of no first use

You do realize what will happen, if an all-out nuclear war occurs in the subcontinent?

All the development you guys have done over the past few decades will be destroyed. Along with hundreds of millions of innocent people.

Is it really worth that?

No need to worry. Those Indian nukes will only be used as patakas for their diwali.

While Pakistan's nukes can destroy india forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
pakistan is the only nation after NK who is desperate to use its nukes..i dont know how they can think to use it.
even i prefer to no use if we loose war..

its their insurance policy against us we need to get BMD ready for intercept any kind of missile they have and we need to show them that we aren't just going to be bullied just cuz they got nukes like i said INS Arihant hiding deep in the Arabian sea waiting for strike option, we won't use nukes first but we need to let them know if they use them against us they're finished

^^^ use of nasr is useless. Pakistan has no balls to attack India forget abt using nuke.
If they have capability we would hear
Give us Kashmir or nuke u
Give us water or nuke u.

Otherwise they won't send some brainwashed kids to attack and kill civilians.

i think quite south asia is not possible...not with china never with pakistan.
let russia out and deal with these two only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom