What's new

"Resistance 2.0." - Battle for Panjshir begins - Taliban claims victory

I have said this before and I'll say it again.

Taliban are marching on Panjshir because they have moved men and ammunition inside Panjshir beforehand.

Saleh is showing more spine than Ghani IF Saleh is in Panjshir and IF he is going to stick around there till the end.

Apparently there is no internet or power in Panjshir... His online twitter war seems to be from another jurisdiction... Perhaps Tajikistan.

Apparently Pakistan and Pakistani SSG is a global (or galaxy) super power... With what we apparently "did" in Afghanistan... We should be able to conquer India the whole lot of it in a few day!!!

Super power Pakistan.... According to Indians...

Good. All this will just create fear in the Indian masses of the super-human Pakistani!!...

We can do what no other force in history was able to... Pakistan has a greater than The Ancient Greeks, the ancient Persians, the British Empire, greater than the mighty Russian Soviets, greater than Superpower USA!

Lol

Last edited:
GD has now earned his second PhD degree….

*Besides ending up as a major general every IMA grad is guaranteed to have a PhD degree too!!!
Apparently there is no internet or power in Panjshir... His online twitter war seems to be from another jurisdiction... Perhaps Tajikistan.

Apparently Pakistan and Pakistani SSG is a global (or galaxy) super power... With what we apparently "did" in Afghanistan... We should be able to conquer India the whole lot of it in a few day!!!

Super power Pakistan.... According to Indians...

Good. All this will just create fear in the Indian masses of the super-human Pakistani!!...

We can do what no other force in history was able to... Pakistan has a greater than The Ancient Greeks, the ancient Persians, the British Empire, greater than the mighty Russian Soviets, greater than Superpower USA!

Lol
Afganistan is a subset of Pakistan….

The “A” in Pakistan stands for Afgania. And, the “I” for the Indus River, the mother of India….

AfghanEye Live: Saying the Fall of Panjshir is probably fake news as of now:

That seems to be the case. The pace of fight is slow and controlled. It appears that Taliban are trying to manipulate surrender by Panjshiris.

I miss the Turkish drones -TB2, Anka etc.! They’re especially built to drive the Imperialists proxy rats out of their holes only to be eliminated via micro ammos….

GHQ Islamabad LoL. Some body tell this alcoholic moron that PA GHQ is in Rawalpindi.

What this man says, sells well in India. He is one of the most cherished guests, on Indian channels and his "bakwas" is well received by Indian public.

the deep state in USA does not dictate policy. they try to influence in an ad hoc manner. at the end of the day President pulls out of Saigon or Kabul. the deep state goes along. the deep state does not finance politicians or influence politics. prior to 9/11 they could care less about Afghanistan. they are no views on whether abortion is legal, gay marriage is okay, what the top marginal tax bracket is. I think you get the point.

sorry for derailing the thread
I got the point a long time ago. The situation is no different here. The deep state held back as long as was possible in Afghanistan. Obama shouted hoarse and then held back. The situation now is definitely more dire than before. The US debt and the wavering economy meant a decision had to be made . The deep state did not go along this time. It realized there is no other way out of this Zero sum game. I hope you get my point.
In Pak politics as well the deep state goes along with a lot of things as long as red boundaries are not crossed. Modi came as a guest and went no one batted an eyelid even though from a strategic POV it gave out wrong signals. There are kany more examples where the deep state has gone along.
But then again let us not derail the thread.
A

Afghanistan: Fate of Panjshir Valley in balance amid heavy fighting

Published1 hour ago

The fate of Afghanistan's Panjshir Valley - the final holdout against Taliban control - hangs in the balance as heavy fighting continues.

Taliban sources told Reuters news agency that they had seized the area, but the resistance fighters they are battling denied this.

One of the resistance leaders, Amrullah Saleh, dismissed claims he had fled, but said the situation was "difficult".

The fighting in Panjshir is reported to have left hundreds dead.

The valley, north of the capital Kabul, is one of Afghanistan's smallest provinces and the only one not to have fallen to the Taliban.

The traditional anti-Taliban stronghold is home to somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 people, and is hidden behind mountain peaks.

The resistance - which includes former Afghan security force members and local militias - is led by local tribal leader Ahmad Massoud. His father successfully fought the Soviets who invaded in the 1980s, and the Taliban in the 1990s.

In a video message sent to the BBC, Mr Saleh, a former vice-president of Afghanistan, said there had been casualties on both sides.

"There is no doubt we are in a difficult situation. We are under invasion by the Taliban," he said.
But he added: "We will not surrender, we are standing for Afghanistan."

He said he was sharing the video to assure people that reports suggesting that he had left the country were false. However the BBC was unable to independently confirm his location.

The Frontier Post

KABUL (TASS): The international community should take notice of the activities of the Taliban (outlawed in Russia) in the rebel Panjshir province, Afghanistan’s former Vice President Amrullah Saleh, who declared himself caretaker president after the Taliban movement came to power in the country, wrote on Twitter on Friday.

“We call on the United Nations and world leaders to take notice of this criminal and terrorist behavior of the Taliban,” the tweet reads. According to Saleh, Taliban members have blocked humanitarian access to Panjshir, cut off electricity and telephone communications and deprived people of access to medical care. They are also using military-age local men as mine clearance tools by walking them on minefields.

“Taliban are committing war crimes and have zero respect for international humanitarian law,” Saleh emphasized.

Back
Top Bottom