What's new

Request for Chinese members to identify this Submarine.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have tagged it as per my opinion. Please correct and update info on this Sub which has caught my attention. :D

10639667_1473381219598331_2028749390843263412_n.jpg

Looks very strange,Not made in China .

It is the world largest conventional submarine build by China. Just google world largest conventional sub will do.

Yes, the role of this particular AIP sub is to serve for the JL-2 testing, since it can provide the Type 094 more time to perform the strategic patrol.

The question is.

* Can those VLS be modified to host multiple Babur-N/Cell?
* Can those VLS AShM cells be modified to allow PN to field its Harpoon Block-IIs and C-802 AShMs?
* If or not it will make sense of PN to go for a sub which is capable of striking, Submerged, Surface and Ground targets. :D

The question is.

* Can those VLS AShM cells be modified to allow PN to field its Harpoon Block-IIs and C-802 AShMs?
* If or not it will make sense of PN to go for a sub which is capable of striking, Submerged, Surface and Ground targets. :D

I think it could be modified into the versatile VLS to carry both SLBM or SLCM.

BTW, China's new generation Type 096 is both SSBN and SSGN because of the versatile VLS.

The question is.

If its able to fire JL-2 SLBM, I see no reason that it can't fire BABUR cruise missiles.capabilities are there, you need only intent to do this. Nothing is impossible if intent is there. And anyway Agusta 90 can house Babur missile in tarpedo tubes if its standard diameter. That will serve as a deterrent. Thank you.

I think it could be modified into the versatile VLS to carry both SLBM or SLCM.

BTW, China's new generation Type 096 is both SSBN and SSGN because of the versatile VLS.
If I am correct then one doesn't need SSGN at all. ssn and ssbn do perform the roles which are specified for SSGNs in Russian doctrine. Thank you.

Last edited:
This submarine is loosely based off Russian Golf class submarine,

Capable of launching SLBM/SLCMs

032 sub testing platform

Yep, to replace the old Golf. Mainly for testing ballistic missiles although some people mentioned that China was thinking of a sea launched version of its ASBM. It's probably going to be a 1 or 2 boat class and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom