What's new

Reports of a third fighter under development from military insiders.

“Sharp Sword” UCAV is NOT based on the J-20。

It is widely known that CAC is working on a carrier-borne version of the J-20,which could be what‘s on huitong’s mind when he wrote those words。

It could also be a twin-seat J-20。

Another possibility is a FB-22 like stealth fighter bomber that is said being worked upon by SAC。

Only time will tell。:azn:

Can twin-seat J-20S has one piece canopy like J-20.??

anything like B52 Bomber or B2 ?? I want to see something like carpet bombers from China side :P

China is working on it's own stealth bomber project, this is just speculation however it is expected to be shown in 2016.

On topic a single engine J-20 or carrier version of the J-20.

China is working on it's own stealth bomber project, this is just speculation however it is expected to be shown in 2016.

On topic a single engine J-20 or carrier version of the J-20.

That would have to be one monster of an engine. I mean the plane is big as it is.
Also it does not make sense in my humble opinion, i thought the J-31 will be the small fighter of the PLAAF.

China's financial muscle is allowing it to catch up quickly with the US in military technology.

Money is not everything but it does help in developing technology quicker.

China's financial muscle is allowing it to catch up quickly with the US in military technology.

Money is not everything but it does help in developing technology quicker.

Financial and human resources。

Because of our large population base,and the fact that more young people choose natural science over social science,we are bound to have quite a few very smart people who devote their lives to development and advancement of science and technology in China。

We need more time

That would have to be one monster of an engine. I mean the plane is big as it is.
Also it does not make sense in my humble opinion, i thought the J-31 will be the small fighter of the PLAAF.

Agreed, however it was mentioned that it would be smaller but then again you can't put blind faith in speculation have to wait and see, The J-31 would unlikely be for the PLAAF it is aimed at foreign customers a navalized version would be in the interest of the PLAN however if the J-31 is a success could see the PLAAF inducting it.

Agreed, however it was mentioned that it would be smaller but then again you can't put blind faith in speculation have to wait and see, The J-31 would unlikely be for the PLAAF it is aimed at foreign customers a navalized version would be in the interest of the PLAN however if the J-31 is a success could see the PLAAF inducting it.

Well i read articles that were speculating, the twin wheels in the front of the J-31 are an indicator it would be used for carrier landings. (toughened undercarriage).
If im not mistaken Shenyang also makes the J-15, though it is entirely possible they just took the whole undercarriage from it for easier development (off the shelf tech faster/cheaper) and not because of carrier landings. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Carrier-borne J-20X,the “LingLong” (“SoarDragon”)。:cheers:

Its a stealth Carrier-based aircraft.
Twin front wheel is for Catapults.

Who said? Stop posting random sentences and give some details.

Its truth,but no more details.You at least waiting for it first fly

J-31 is said to have different variants:
1) Medium thrust export version (9500kg x 2)
2) High thrust version (17000kg x 2, or two WS-15s) = J-21
3) Naval version

Single engine powered 5G fighter would be available if PAF is interested to invest.

J-31 is said to have different variants:
1) Medium thrust export version (9500kg x 2)
2) High thrust version (17000kg x 2, or two WS-15s) = J-21
3) Naval version

Single engine powered 5G fighter would be available if PAF is interested to invest.

No,new stealth Carrier-based aircraft come from chengdu where design J10 ,JF-17 and J-20

Guys, I don't actually think the J-20 is going to enter service any time soon... I think that it serves more as some technology demonstrator in the same manner as the SU-47 did for the PAK-FA. The reason why I think this, is the fact that I find the design and size of the J-20 are way too impractical for a fighter-bomber during a possible dogfight.

The J-31 on the other hand looks (design wise) much more practical. Yes it looks like an F-22 but then again, nobody is going to win a fashion prize when designing stealth fighters because the design restrictions push all current stealth designs and even those which are still in development into a similar looking model. Just compare all the cockpits alone of the different fighters (even those which are still on paper) together and you will see that ALL OF THEM look pretty much the same!

And this is why I also think that the PLAAF will probably work more towards the J-31 as China's principal 5th-gen stealth fighter. Just because of the fact that the Shenyang designers decided to play it 'safe' and base their designs on existing models instead of drawing out a completely new concept which might risk becoming impractical as well.

No offense towards the CAIC crew though, they were already able of rolling out an otherwise capable stealth jet that was able to fly and pull manoeuvrers and that is an accomplishment on itself alone! :china:

Guys, I don't actually think the J-20 is going to enter service any time soon... I think that it serves more as some technology demonstrator in the same manner as the SU-47 did for the PAK-FA. The reason why I think this, is the fact that I find the design and size of the J-20 are way too impractical for a fighter-bomber during a possible dogfight.

The J-31 on the other hand looks (design wise) much more practical. Yes it looks like an F-22 but then again, nobody is going to win a fashion prize when designing stealth fighters because the design restrictions push all current stealth designs and even those which are still in development into a similar looking model. Just compare all the cockpits alone of the different fighters (even those which are still on paper) together and you will see that ALL OF THEM look pretty much the same!

And this is why I also think that the PLAAF will probably work more towards the J-31 as China's principal 5th-gen stealth fighter. Just because of the fact that the Shenyang designers decided to play it 'safe' and base their designs on existing models instead of drawing out a completely new concept which might risk becoming impractical as well.

No offense towards the CAIC crew though, they were already able of rolling out an otherwise capable stealth jet that was able to fly and pull manoeuvrers and that is an accomplishment on itself alone! :china:

well theres your problem, your basing your entire argument based on "looks"

fyi, j-20 is in the about the size of a su-27 which is definitely a fighter

well theres your problem, your basing your entire argument based on "looks"
Please...:lol:

Ever since the J-20 began as a rumor on the Internet front, 99.999% of the comments, here and elsewhere, made by Chinese about its capabilities, many of them defied the laws of physics, have been based upon looks. So who really have the problem here?

Guan is well within the strike range(radius 》4000km) of this stealth fighter/bomber without refueling。

Australia with refueling。

Full-scale timber model finalised last year。

215259yzjwnzgi7jwftlfn.jpg.thumb.jpg

Prototype expected in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom