What's new

Reports of a third fighter under development from military insiders.

So many J's in PLAAF. Even the pilots will confuse which one to board. :P

With so many F's in the American Air Force I have yet to find a pilot who lost his way to the aircraft :lol:

Perhaps F's sound more appealing thats why :D.

btw i hope you're taking this joke in a positive manner. No offense intended.

well theres your problem, your basing your entire argument based on "looks"

fyi, j-20 is in the about the size of a su-27 which is definitely a fighter

Actually man, when it comes to stealth jets. The ''looks'' does take the cake! The angles in which features of the aircraft are build and material used on the aircraft put restrictions on the ''freedom'' of design (Can't describe it more specific than that :P). So all current stealth designs and even those still on paper, are being pushed towards one particular design because otherwise, it will ''lose'' some of its stealth.

I think Stealth planes are a bit comparable with a puzzle! Because almost every part of the stealth plane can only be constructed in a certain way. Every puzzle piece is unique and can't be just simply connected to the other.

It sounds stupid but when it comes to stealth fighters, the ''looks'' /AKA the design are one of the vital features which makes a plane stealthy

Older news, but decided to post it anyway, a two seat J-20 for an aircraft carrier, which is expected to be shown this year or next.

rjMGXd7.jpg

Older news, but decided to post it anyway, a two seat J-20 for an aircraft carrier, which is expected to be shown this year or next.

rjMGXd7.jpg

Iranians & Chinese are competing for 1st place

On topic
Nice going china

On topic
Nice going china

Iran's fighter is a mock up, not to downplay them as they have made strides, however the J-20 and 310 projects are being tested, your comment does not make sense.

Iran's fighter is a mock up, not to downplay them as they have made strides, however the J-20 and 310 projects are being tested, your comment does not make sense.

Dude Chilax I was just joking

Both Iran & china are showcasing new millitary products every now & then so I joked about it

My apologies if I offended you or anyother Chinese

Dude Chilax I was just joking

Both Iran & china are showcasing new millitary products every now & then so I joked about it

My apologies if I offended you or anyother Chinese

No need to apologize ;).

Perhaps F's sound more appealing thats why :D.

The F designation stands for "fighter".

Whereas the B designation stands for "bomber".

X is for prototypes.

That's the US standard. Don't know about the others though.

On topic
Nice going china

Actually, the Chinese developments are meant to challenge the United States as far as possible, not Iran and not even Russia. Their developmental configurations and strategies match closely that of the United States this decade.

Guan is well within the strike range(radius 》4000km) of this stealth fighter/bomber without refueling。

Australia with refueling。

Full-scale timber model finalised last year。

215259yzjwnzgi7jwftlfn.jpg.thumb.jpg

Prototype expected in 2014.

Where is the timber model?

The F designation stands for "fighter".

Whereas the B designation stands for "bomber".

X is for prototypes.

That's the US standard. Don't know about the others though.

the chinese one is simular

J for fighter
H for bomber
JH for fighter-bomber

prototype naming are more iffy though

Back
Top Bottom