What's new

Report: One fifth of China's soil contaminated

sadly democracy may have very little to do with this. democratic nations such as UK and US had their own bad polluted days, and even now democratic India is heavily polluting itself (but only with a small fraction of the productivity).

maybe the real lesson is to try to pull yourself together and get your work done. don't follow China if you hate autocracy. follow other successful democratic countries.

LOL.... you really think having 1/5th of your top soil getting contaminated and that report getting labeled state secret has nothing to do with lack of democracy ?

I think we all get to learn the real lesson. It would be a shame if all that contamination taught you nothing.

LOL.... you really think having 1/5th of your top soil getting contaminated and that report getting labeled state secret has nothing to do with lack of democracy ?

I think we all get to learn the real lesson. It would be a shame if all that contamination taught you nothing.

Erm, where did the document shown it has been labeled state secret? The sampling process was done on December 2013 and they released the report in only four months. That's a rather fast speed.

Well, at least the Chinese now know that 1/5th of their soil is contaminated. What are the figures for India though? Have we even conducted a similar National survey or do we continue to feel safe in ignorance?

if it were truly a state secret you would not have known it, just like you never knew the Henderson Brooks report before. there are systematic studies and intervention studies on pollution in China. those are not hidden facts, you do not know them simply because you have very little knowledge about that country.

and just don't assume democracy leads to a government being responsible. your conclusion that democracy(or the lack of it) is a lesson in this case is not only irrelevant but also misleading. as a matter of fact, I recall NYT(or washington post? maybe both but I can't remember clearly) had quite a few reports saying air pollution in the Indian capital was much worse than the chinese capital(which is deemed the capital of pollution in the international media nowadays).

for me, i got enough knowledge about pollution levels around my area, since I was luckily on a few tours checking toxic residues in soil(although I was not directly involved in those projects) in the great lakes region.

You are not meant for industrialization. You are meant to be a part of the ecosystem. Be a kaafir of that principle and the Earth will be vengeful.

pretty stong argument of why we are not excavating more rare earth for export
the cheerleaders have yet to start but I think their environment is worse - a democracy made in india

pretty stong argument of why we are not excavating more rare earth for export
the cheerleaders have yet to start but I think their environment is worse - a democracy made in india

one of these days you guys will try your hardest not to sound idiotic. rare earth excavating scam had nothing to do with the environment, it was about price fixing. A scam made in china

one of these days you guys will try your hardest not to sound idiotic. rare earth excavating scam had nothing to do with the environment, it was about price fixing. A scam made in china

get some basic knowledge of how rare earth is extracted before your stupid drivels maligning China as usual

get some basic knowledge of how rare earth is extracted before your stupid drivels maligning China as usual

and you double down with more idiotic statements ? The " how it is extracted" was not the reason the rare earth scam was found to be a scam-. by the WTO ruling against china..

you guys were price fixing

and you double down with more idiotic statements ? The " how it is extracted" was not the reason the rare earth scam was found to be a scam. by the chinese at the WTO..

you're perenial moronic thinking cant understand the crux of the problem
is rare earth excavation damaging to the environment or not?
rounds and rounds of your cheap shots cheerleader which are telling the history of your life

Yeah, because the survey is not done at the time of the request. Your opening article stated that the survey is completed at December 2013. Your British lawyer is basically asking for an incomplete and un-analyze survey, of course the ministry of Environmental is not going to give it in that state.

HUH? the survey is done year to year, you can always show the year to year findings. These are recorded measurements, not some study that needs trending data

you're perenial moronic thinking cant understand the crux of the problem
is rare earth excavation damaging to the environment or not?
rounds and rounds of your cheap shots cheerleader which are telling the history of your life

It is not my thinking, it is what the WTO found to be true. Your rare earth export scam was because of price fixing ... you did not decrease it because of any " environmental" concern. In fact you were also found to be giving the locals a much much lower price too. try as much as want to B- S the real reason.. but that propaganda only works behind the wall...

China is experiencing an environmental apocalypse. Chinese air is polluted, soil is polluted, water is polluted. Cancer villages are all across China.

No wonder so many of us are leaving China.

Pretty soon China will become uninhabitable for humans.

Anyone defending the environmental disaster of China should be shot.

Back
Top Bottom