What's new

Report documents 'Rohingya persecution'

Haven't things calmed down though or are refugees still coming??

They come in a sporadic manner..the BSF lets em' in coz they have no standing orders...there is already a murmur though that we should be more careful..I for one think that they need to be handled carefully, give them refugee status..create proper refugee camps for them..don't let them just mix in- nothing against them but when you've just been divested of all your earthly belonging and our on your own in a foreign land there only as many ways in which you can survive..instead a regulated and reasonably proper accommodation system needs to be put in place..alas no such luck yet.

The bigger problem is that a group of Muslims started a riot in Maharashtra due to the happenings in Myanmar and in the process vandalized the an Indian army memorial- not the best way to mobilize public opinion.

It depends on the perception in Bangladesh, if the Bengalis get really upset and ask for intervention then the GOB will be in a tough spot especially if the other Muslim countries are willing to do the fighting and just as for ground room.

Actually I see it the other way around, as long as your interests are not messed with you and the Chinese will not care and will probably profit from the arms the Burmese would buy to replace those lost in any potential war.

I think a more viable solution would be to pressure Burmese to recognize them as citizens.

and International communities lifted sanctions.

It depends on the perception in Bangladesh, if the Bengalis get really upset and ask for intervention then the GOB will be in a tough spot especially if the other Muslim countries are willing to do the fighting and just as for ground room.

Actually I see it the other way around, as long as your interests are not messed with you and the Chinese will not care and will probably profit from the arms the Burmese would buy to replace those lost in any potential war.

I think a more viable solution would be to pressure Burmese to recognize them as citizens.

Dude that region is sensitive, China will not have any one mooking around that close to Xizang...too many foreign countries involved an we won't allow it coz it borders our restive NE region...to top it off now even the EU, champions of human rights have decided to look the other way, EU ends Myanmar sanctions, arms embargo remains - The Times of India

Myanmar and Sri Lanka .Never thought buddhists could be this violent.

I wouldn't blame this on buddhism though we all know most buddhist rather meditate than fight. The fact that Rohingya are not Buddhist plays a part but the fact that they look different plays a bigger part.

We are about 50 Muslim states, yet we do not protect Muslims against a pathetic country called myanmer.

We can easily invade myanmer and sanction it, blocking its oil supply would be enough to squeeze the crap out of it. Yet we don't.

I guess Muslims are to busy fighting each other.

The reason is quite simple...the world doesn't revolve around religion...however much you boast about muslim brotherhood,the reality still remains that nation states act only in their intrests.

Dude that region is sensitive, China will not have any one mooking around that close to Xizang...too many foreign countries involved an we won't allow it coz it borders our restive NE region...to top it off now even the EU, champions of human rights have decided to look the other way, EU ends Myanmar sanctions, arms embargo remains - The Times of India

All the more reason for one of you guys to recognize them as citizens. By that I mean India or China as you both hold the most influence.

All the more reason for one of you guys to recognize them as citizens. By that I mean India or China as you both hold the most influence.

Myanmar has so many problems -ethnic fights , kachin war.

Dude we can't..any leader who tries will get eaten alive..the best we can do is talk to Myanmar and get them to see sense..we can't afford any hostilities in the region..as it is Arunachal is sort of a flash-point and we still have 2 minor bust extant groups of leftist guerrillas running around there numbering in the low hundreds. We like to play it safe...and we need time to talk to Myanmar..China is not very concerned as it is not facing any exodus of Rohingyas yet.

Dude we can't..any leader who tries will get eaten alive..the best we can do is talk to Myanmar and get them to see sense..we can't afford any hostilities in the region..as it is Arunachal is sort of a flash-point and we still have 2 minor bust extant groups of leftist guerrillas running around there numbering in the low hundreds. We like to play it safe...and we need time to talk to Myanmar..China is not very concerned as it is not facing any exodus of Rohingyas yet.

Actually IMO China should be the most concerned because the violence is occuring around the area where their pipeline is supposed to be.

Actually IMO China should be the most concerned because the violence is occuring around the area where their pipeline is supposed to be.

Its also occurring not very far from where we're building a port in Myanmar and also from where our India-Thailand highway will pass so all of us are concerned but its not as if either can divert resources to pressurize Burma..we have two borders to look towards and the Chinese have the Pacific and the SCS currently..its a bad bad time for all of this.

Very sad to see their plight. India and Bangladesh should take them in.

Back
Top Bottom