What's new

Report documents 'Rohingya persecution'

It depends on the perception in Bangladesh, if the Bengalis get really upset and ask for intervention then the GOB will be in a tough spot especially if the other Muslim countries are willing to do the fighting and just ask for ground room.
True.
But there are only 2 main political factions in Bangladesh. India has influence with both of them -1 high and 1 low. The China has more influence with the party in which India has low influence. With both India and China putting bets in one direction, it would be rather hard to push the government in any other way.

The way i see it is people of BD will simply say No to any but a UN mandated mission.

Actually I see it the other way around, as long as your interests are not messed with you and the Chinese will not care and will probably profit from the arms the Burmese would buy to replace those lost in any potential war.
I did not use the right words. Myanmar does not buy any arms from either India or China. We donate them arms. So it would yield no commercial benefit to either plus I dont believe India or China would like a destabilized neighbour.

I think a more viable solution would be to pressure Burmese to recognize them as citizens.
Yup. That is the best course of action for Myanmar.

But how to achieve that is the question.

Its also occurring not very far from where we're building a port in Myanmar and also from where our India-Thailand highway will pass so all of us are concerned but its not as if either can divert resources to pressurize Burma..we have two borders to look towards and the Chinese have the Pacific and the SCS currently..its a bad bad time for all of this.

Worst case scenario nobody does anything, ALQ takes notice and takes advantage by radicaling the rohingya to fight for themselves and you got yourself a whole nother clusterfck on your hands and another base for ALQ.

Worst case scenario nobody does anything, ALQ takes notice and takes advantage by radicaling the rohingya to fight for themselves and you got yourself a whole nother clusterfck on your hands and another base for ALQ.

True..but the ALQ has no launch points there, not India not China..BD maybe with the jamaati loons but not enough- besides we have a heavy para presence there and even in the early 90s we were cool with cross border ops into Burma from our spec ops- op Leach comes to mind. The worst case scenario is actually a massive exodus of refugees that is actually a worse outcome..lets see how this develops...but man we have our hands full..even if we wanted to its not as if we can ask our neighbor for a reprieve so that we can allocate our attention to this issue.

True..but the ALQ has no launch points there, not India not China..BD maybe with the jamaati loons but not enough- besides we have a heavy para presence there and even in the early 90s we were cool with cross border ops into Burma from our spec ops- op Leach comes to mind. The worst case scenario is actually a massive exodus of refugees that is actually a worse outcome..lets see how this develops...but man we have our hands full..even if we wanted to its not as if we can ask our neighbor for a reprieve so that we can allocate our attention to this issue.

:lol: Couldn't help yourself huh?

:lol: Couldn't help yourself huh?

Dude I was serious..we really don't have the stamina to butt in here..as it is we have a lot of interests there..port, roads, contracts..its all about the money at the end of the day.

Is there a connection between the jamaati fags and rohingyas ?

And what is the Burmese government's official stand on them? They want to evict them all out? Have the Rohingyas caused any trouble to the Burmese state or is it all manufactured reasons and good old mayhem?

Compared to other ethnicities Rohingyas are very peaceful.They do not have separatist guerrilla forces like the Kachins and the Karens.They have not been recognised by the Burmese government as citizens.It is mainly driven by ethnicity but as they are predominantly muslim religion does play a role in it.

True.
But there are only 2 main political factions in Bangladesh. India has influence with both of them -1 high and 1 low. The China has more influence with the party in which India has low influence. With both India and China putting bets in one direction, it would be rather hard to push the government in any other way.

The way i see it is people of BD will simply say No to any but a UN mandated mission.

I did not use the right words. Myanmar does not buy any arms from either India or China. We donate them arms. So it would yield no commercial benefit to either plus I dont believe India or China would like a destabilized neighbour.

Yup. That is the best course of action for Myanmar.

But how to achieve that is the question.

China plays a double game with the Burmese.They arm the government forces and the Kachin and Karen guerrillas.Good business.

Back
Top Bottom