What's new

Replacing the F-16: Will Pakistan’s Top Fighter Squadron Transition to Chinese J-10Cs?

i want to see 5th gen as replacement j-31 will be great

1631536345870.png

Yes Reliable news Folks. i am hearing that Sq 7 Bandits will be the first ones to get J10Cs.
Isn't J10 a frequently crashing aircraft?
It was in the news recently or some online commentary which put off Pakistan from buying it.

It was in the news recently or some online commentary which put off Pakistan from buying it.

Not the case. Thats not what i heard or read... may be Indian fake news sources, bad mouthing it.

Waiting for the confirmation.

what indian fake news did you hear that from?

there's been like 13 or 14 j-10 accidents in the past 17 years, most due to russian engine issues, a couple due to pilot error and a couple to technical issues and bird strikes.
compare this to like 60+ for the mig-29, nevermind the record of mig-21s, especially in indian service.

Last edited:
i want to see 5th gen as replacement j-31 will be great

View attachment 777620

Perhaps if the PLA navy adopts a variant in large numbers and is able to get it into production in large numbers soon, then IMHO, PAF might consider acquiring 4 squadrons (Half A2A superiority and Half Growler).

PAF probably has a growler requirement and operating a plane with similar engines as our JF-17 should make future development a lot easier. We have to remember the J-16D is a PLAAF bird and while there is a J-15D under development, going for a J-31 style Growler for the PLA navy could allow them to benefit only operating one type; fighter and growler as with the USN and the F/A-18

The J-31 variant would also have to be able to carry enough PL-15 and PL-10 Internally to be worth through it. 6 PL-15 and 2 PL-10 might be what could make it worth it.

Last edited:
To have the intellectual property and to have the capacity to built some are two very different things.
For exemple, if UAE has the intellectual rights about the dedicated F16bk60 powerplant, do they have the industrial capacity to built last gen cristal blades? NO. So is Pakistan and China.
same with active T/R modules for radar etc.... etc....
Lol
This is funny coming from tiny european country

Chinese R&D is far more then what french have spent

They are building far more stuff then french can.

Having jest like these will widen the gap between what we are and what we possess.
This is completely unnecessary for a country like Pakistan.

I will rather back up such comment with details and analysis as per current form if an aircraft. I am not saying that J-10C is necessary but what I am saying that how it wouldn't fit in doctrine. Please share point by point opinion of yours

Lol
This is funny coming from tiny european country

Chinese R&D is far more then what french have spent

They are building far more stuff then french can.
This tiny European country gave us an awesome aircraft (mirage)
That we still use as our primary strike aircraft 50+ years in
So yes don't underestimate the manufacturing/defence capability of tiny country that has been churning out aircraft well before the Chinese did

I reckon if Inducted J10CE will takeover role of mirages not F16s. F16 will stay with us for another 15-20 years and will be replaced by Project Azm or an off the shelf stealth fighter. Replacing Mirages is more urgent that F16s.

So yes don't underestimate the manufacturing/defence capability of tiny country that has been churning out aircraft well before the Chinese did
Lets not live in the past
This isnt 1950-60s when french imperliast had occupied half the world and were invovled in killing millions around the world while collecting their skulls in paris( yes literally!!!)

This is 2020

Frances best days are behind her... they did (Mirage), the have (Rafale) but the next generation takes a cost base and a level of co-operation and diplomatic skill that France does not have ..

I reckon if Inducted J10CE will takeover role of mirages not F16s. F16 will stay with us for another 15-20 years and will be replaced by Project Azm or an off the shelf stealth fighter. Replacing Mirages is more urgent that F16s.
The J-10CE would takeover the role of the F-16s we never got, but intended on buying. The PAF planned on a fleet of at least 100 F-16s (potentially 150), but due to our issues with the U.S., they never got to that point. However, the PAF still has a gap resulting from not having enough F-16-class fighters. The J-10CEs would basically plug that gap. Meanwhile, I expect additional JF-17s (especially Block-3) would replace the Mirages in the various air-to-surface roles.

Back
Top Bottom