What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pakistan is better off getting a license to manufacture new ak variants from Russia

I think Pakistan is better off getting a license to manufacture new ak variants from Russia

We have a working version of the AKM and get the T-56C from the Chinese, all AK variants work on broadly the same internals, all that's needed is superficial upgrades which we can implement for ourselves but the reason we stick with the G3 is that its much more accurate, has a more powerful round and has greater range.

Yes but it is heavier and Is unreliable. Not to mention it has a very bad kick making it tiring for the user on the other hand akm is lighter and being Russian is easier to maintain it also has automatic fire and is fairly accurate at medium distance then again its my opinion

Yes but it is heavier and Is unreliable. Not to mention it has a very bad kick making it tiring for the user on the other hand akm is lighter and being Russian is easier to maintain it also has automatic fire and is fairly accurate at medium distance

The T-56 is tacky, pretty tacky but at US$100 per piece, its really not much to complain about. The Pakistani AKM was supposed to go into production but the economies of scale meant that it was a financially unsound project before it even began.

we can buy a variant from some other country, colt is not the only company providing m4 type weapons....

Onus should be on POF to manufacture a new battle rifle, original or replica design does not matter as long as it is effective.

If Pakistan needs a new rifle, why doesn't POF design one? A design based on needs, environment and types of challenges.

This an Ak that fires 7.62x51. Its not the most accurate battle rifle but you get that AK reliability and ease of use at a low cost.

Pof should design a rifle that fires a 6.8 mm round can work in both low and high temperatures and and is easy to maintain

Man you seriously need to get updated even Russia is replacing AK-74 and AK-74 you is small size gun and Russia is going to get AK-12

As of now russia has decided against ak-12

We need to replace G3 ASAP. There were far too many reports of the G3 jamming during the Kargil Conflict. Also i rarely see the rifle being used in the conflict vs TTP. Whats the point of making this ancient weapon? Can't we get a license for something better?

10858468_10152765363664130_885610632801561055_n.jpg

One of the classical photos also General Kiyani has latest POF upgraded G3 Gun with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom