What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to my sources, PA wants to stick with 7.62 as their standard caliber. Not sure whether its 7.62*51mm or 7.62*39mm.

according to my sources, PA wants to stick with 7.62 as their standard caliber. Not sure whether its 7.62*51mm or 7.62*39mm.

7.62, though a good one with long range, its heavy. By shifting to 5.56, the soldier can carry double the number of cartridges.

Again it depend upon doctrine, 5.56 mm mostly wants to injure the soldier with long shot so that more two enemy combatant will engage to evacuate.

IA choose to the same for INSAS and like M-16 new version, has no automatic fire.

First a few corrections to some peoples posts here:

In Vietnam it was the M16 series using the 5.56 NATO round.
The current US weapon the M4 is a development of the M16 but in essence degraded. The M16 when it first came out was a pain to keep operating. Cleaning was a high point of its dislike by users, no clean no work.

The 5.56 rnd is all nice but it does not have the range of the 7.62. never will. Current stopping power is just not there. The current intent of using this round was to reduce the weight of carrying ammunition by a soldier. Thus less weight carry more rounds. Nothing else. OK M16's had nice stopping power. That is lost in the M4 series. range still sucks.

Too many seem to see a rifle be it assault or plain mil rifle and say 'Oh that looks cool'. Wrong way to choose a weapon.

If it is to be a generic weapon you need to look at:
the effective range in all battle fields.
stopping power at that effective range.
weapon weight
etc
Also where is it being produced, local or OS
is there a local license or not, eg G3 style of license.
Is there local maintenance parts or do they have to come from OS.
Ammunition local or not.
and the list goes on..

Also one small thing does the ammunition match up with your local close support MGs?

Well 7 pages to cover all the same that has been hacked out before..

If you don't go 7.62 you possibly will go along the lines of one of the 6mm variants.

hataf:
i put 5 round in 2 inch circle and it took me about 45 second to aim and fire.And distance is more than 200 feet

Ok all good now try that with a .303 bolt action rapid fire and at 200yds, (600 ft) then we will talk.
I could still do that with the 7.62 SLR when that came along as well.

M4s are already in use by Pakistani SSG.

The Turks also unveiled their Mehmetcik-1 rifle...which MKE is reportedly claiming to be their own developed product and not a licensed copy...though it looks a lot like HK416.

Pakistan's POF also has its PK-08.

are you sure the PK-08 is 100% indegenous

black-blood-albums-pdf-uploads-ps-picture2677-pk-08-assault-rifle.jpg

Are PA looking to change from 7.62x51mm NATO to 5.56x45mm NATO?

There comes the decision of new rifle..!!

Well, sometime back it was NATO agreement that their partners phase out the old, more lethal 7.62mm bullets........hence Pakistan must change the bullet also....

Concept being that 5.56mm is enough to put a soldier out of service but not kill him...7.62 is too deadly.

Well, sometime back it was NATO agreement that their partners phase out the old, more lethal 7.62mm bullets........hence Pakistan must change the bullet also....

Concept being that 5.56mm is enough to put a soldier out of service but not kill him...7.62 is too deadly.

Well many countries still use the 7.62 for their section pl MGs
And the 5.56 aint got the hitting power that was expected. The rnd won't even go through a building wall.
Do some background reading re the US and the M4 and how it is loved so much.:no:

Also as pointed out there is a group looking at the various 6mm options vs the 5.56. I doubt Pakistan wants to go 5.56 when everyone else goes the 6mm options or back to 7.62:D

BUllpops may not fit to the army doctrines. You need a long rifle for bionet charge+ close combat battles (correct me if I'm wrong)

bullpup is basicly a type of configuration... they provide the same amount of barrel length for a weapon that is shorter in size so yes they are fit for the army. in fact both France and UK issue bullpup weapons -- L85 and FAMAS

^^ I said it may not fit for PA doctrine..

Yes it is!

Its kind of a hybrid between a MP-5A3 and G3A3!short,light and looks great!
But uses 5.62mm.

Its good to know about this gun. I used to wonder why Pakistan is not interested in procuring guns when I heard India acquiring Tavor but i'm glad we probebly not needed anything as we are going good on that arleady. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom