What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys could go for the HK-417. Or the HK-416 from the above video. We are also going for a 7.62mm rifle in the future.

Turkish Army is going to get 5.56mm HK-416 and that would be done by the year 2013 right?

What makes you say that you will get back to 7.62mm , are there any plans for that ?

BTW i would like PA to get home Production for HK-417 because we need almost half a million rifles.

but really accurate

G-3 is not very accurate infact as its very hard to handle considering its bulky size.

All its good at is that its reliable and one bullet is enough to eliminate a target moreover with a little effort it can be turned into a Mini sniper rifle with a tripod and scopes.

G-3 is not very accurate infact as its very hard to handle considering its bulky size.

Actually its not a problem, it only gets hard to handle when firing in full auto.

can be turned into a Mini sniper rifle with a tripod and scopes.

add an accurised barrel aswell.

Turkish Army is going to get 5.56mm HK-416 and that would be done by the year 2013 right?

What makes you say that you will get back to 7.62mm , are there any plans for that ?

Go back, read my post again...

I think pakistani army should get mehmetcik-1.
People say its clone or copy.
but its turkish design.
Everything is almost different and better then the HK one.
Turkey is planning to replace its army from g-3 to mehmetcik-1 by 2012.
They already produced and bought by turkish army a couple thousand.
i geuss for test.
Its already suitable for special forces.
It will be deliviered to europe likely.
it will be jam free and it can attacht many modern electronica and grenade launcher.
and also they made a sniper out of it which also is a beast.

We need to get Stealth BOMARANG reusable weapon and it looks cool BOOMARANG powa ;)
And its silent

I think pakistani army should get mehmetcik-1.People say its clone or copy.
but its turkish design.
Everything is almost different and better then the HK one.
Turkey is planning to replace its army from g-3 to mehmetcik-1 by 2012.
They already produced and bought by turkish army a couple thousand.
i geuss for test.
Its already suitable for special forces.
It will be deliviered to europe likely.
it will be jam free and it can attacht many modern electronica and grenade launcher.
and also they made a sniper out of it which also is a beast.

We would love to but the problem is that PA wants to stick to 7.62mm cartrige so we may go for HK-417 rather than HK-416 or mehmitck-1.

We can get desired numbers of those for our Special forces though.

MEHMETCiK 1 is cancelled, new riflle will be 7.62 as i said above!!!

Why cancelled what is the reason for it?
I though Mehmetcik-1 was a good rifle?
and what does the new rifle change?
and when will it replace the current weapons of turkish army?

After reading all the posts i have come up to a conclusion that PA heavely invested in 700000 sniper rifles. Well its really time we changed our strategy. We should invest in HK417. Current rifle/ TOT that PA has. pakistan army can sell these weapons as sniper rifles.
Re invent the rifle give it a new butt, a little heavy barrel, latest grip, long range scope with option of silencers. it can be marketed as a 20 round sniper rifle.

PA needs to upgrade its rifle...

1) go for HK417 with granade launcher dot scope.
2) make a new rifle consisting of 6.8mm to 7.mm calibre less recoil better grip dot scope, granade launcher mix of steel and heavy fibre glass.

All its good at is that its reliable and one bullet is enough to eliminate a target moreover with a little effort it can be turned into a Mini sniper rifle with a tripod and scopes.

have u ever fired G3 ????

i am sharing the practical experience here

i have fired G3 in NCC

its first time i ever fired a rifle

and i put 5 round in 2 inch circle and it took me about 45 second to aim and fire.And distance is more than 200 feet

but its recoil shock is a problem because after that my shoulder remain in pain for more than two weeks
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

have u ever fired G3 ????

i am sharing the practical experience here

i have fired G3 in NCC

its first time i ever fired a rifle

and i put 5 round in 2 inch circle and it took me about 45 second to aim and fire.And distance is more than 200 feet

but its recoil shock is a problem because after that my shoulder remain in pain for more than two weeks
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I have tested some known toys , including this one but personally i am not a fan of it.

Like i said before , its too long , too heavy , does not work properly in Harsh weather conditions , cant install a grenade launcher easily and its recoil is too high when in Full auto.

The G3 has a rather decent accuracy, I have both been trained on it and later the Diemaco C8 (M4).
Hits very hard
and has good reliability.
Does not suite the future battlefield where engagement will be dynamic and from even shorter distances.
You would need a rifle that puts a descent amount of fire power, which the match grade 5.56x45mm ss109 (Mk 262) does and more importantly is suited for rapid and precise engagement under extreme conditions.
(Backside of the mk262 is the decrease in hard-target/barrier penetration.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom