What's new

Renault to start assembling cars in Pakistan by 2018, says Board of Investment

Who are you fooling, a few good motorways doesn't mean you have good roads. The village roads and city roads are poorly built vis a vis European/Japanese/American road

A few good motorways the cover our entire country... as for city roads.. il let the indian and other foriegners who have visited speak,

The p character on my laptop doesn't capitalize for some reason.

Also it's India, your fingers won't get destroyed by using a Capital I

pen the market and let the consumers speak.
Honey i/we are the consumers.. nobody would buy a tata .. people are gonna make fun of the name let alone buy third class ugly vehicles with japanese parts.

Honey i/we are the consumers.. nobody would buy a tata .. people are gonna make fun of the name let alone buy third class ugly vehicles with japanese parts.

They would buy this

5656fbfc7658a.jpg

But not this ?

Tata-tiago-wallpaper.jpg

or this ?

Tata-Nexon-side-press-shots-Auto-Expo-2016.jpg

First of all renault is crap car i have renault here in england its keep getting electric faults now and then
compare to pakistani mehran and it will feel like a merc, have u even seen a mehran its totally a piece of cr,,,

A few good motorways the cover our entire country... as for city roads.. il let the indian and other foriegners who have visited speak,

I agree desert pakistan have better motorways.
Problem is your country is still seen in orthodox way a mullah nation. Pakistan is much more libral and open society. Just a few bad fishes.

I seriously belive with pakistan location they can be a great manufacturing hub. Just need to sort out the problems. A few petty issue.

You have best agricultural land. Best locations for ports. Population is on your side.

But having said that you have shyt leaders in all the blocks.
Just my 2 cents.

Nobody would buy indian vehicles here.. indian motorcyles sure but not vehicles... And we have much better roads,motorways or highways.

And its Pakistan.... your fingers wont get destroyed by using a Capital P.

We are making some good SUVs these days
They give good mileage and spare parts are easily available

Best, best, best. Are you Donald J. Trump?

I'm sure everything made since 1970s is a step up over the pakistani Mehrans

Suzuki-Mehran-Latest-Model-Interior-Picture.jpg

Apparently it got great reviews

No sakra.

I have visited and realised they have better roads.
They have a open society since you liveoverseas you must have seen it. Problems are similer to india. A few bad fishes in pond.

And a few minor issue which they have grown to maglomaniac level.

Btw best in region. And
I am not trump. I just speak what i gained from travelling.

You are free to disagree dear.

Audi is also coming to Pakistan, ROLLAs aur Mehran aka Fiat Tractor k kya banayga ab? :rofl:

Although being an Ideological State Pakistan is much more tolerant than their eastern neighbours you'll never find us or our ministers bad mouthing minorities
any ways you must visit this thread and read comments of your Comrades,
https://defence.pk/threads/assam-mi...m-migrants-are-our-enemy.459308/#post-8877901
We are sailing in same boat.

We cant point finger on each othet. You are currently in deeper shyt. We had been in worst during congress peak years.

But yes we both have habit of crushing weaker.

i can assure you no one is declaring them hostile here neither anyone is asking to wipe them out unlike(we don't have fhar wapsi kinnda campaign) India which has an aim to make India totally Hindu country till 2021,
Dont be such a saint brother.
You have already done ghar vapis. And all that.

India have some people who are radical but there are still big number of minorties. Hindus dont domibate total of other people.

But you have islamic nation. You shouldnt be asking such questions.

By News Desk
Published: November 3, 2016
20SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
French automobile manufacturer Renault will start assembling cars in Pakistan by 2018, the Board of Investment (BoI) revealed on Thursday.

“Renault has decided to invest in Pakistan. They will start assembling cars in Pakistan by 2018,” the BoI said in a statement, claiming the development was the outcome of the “hectic efforts and persuasion” by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar.

“During Eidul Azha holidays, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Dr Miftah Ismail, chairman BoI, visited France and met the top leadership of Renault,” the communiqué added.

Dar has encouraged Renault and Peugeot, another leading French automobile manufacturer, to invest and benefit from the expanding vehicle market in the country.

Dar woos French automakers Renault and Peugeot to invest in Pakistan

The finance minister had in September met representatives of the two vehicle manufacturers in Paris and briefed them about the country’s automobile policy, which offered attractive incentives and concessions to foreign investors.

Pakistan wants to shake up its Japanese-dominated car market and loosen the grip of Toyota, Honda and Suzuki, whose locally assembled cars are sold at relatively high prices but lag behind imported vehicles in terms of quality and specifications.

Established in 1899, the automobile company produces a range of cars and vans, and has also manufactured trucks, tractors and tanks, among others vehicles in the past.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1219792...ing-cars-pakistan-2018-says-board-investment/
I am going to get rid of Suzuki....

First of all renault is crap car i have renault here in england its keep getting electric faults now and then

by any chance is it renault clio lol the old shape, my mates has one the car has mind of it on starts and goes but turns off out of the blue. Then the battery would die out. in the end he sold it for 60 quid.

We are making some good SUVs these days
They give good mileage and spare parts are easily available

Il be brutally honest.. you make great bikes.. specially that hipster type Enfield.. but not cars or suvs...

Chinese are much more ahead compared to indian manufacturers and yet their vehicles have failed.. India wouldnt stand a chance against international brands in the same categories....

At best you may capture the small car segement but not sedans or SUVs... People who buy bigger sedans or SUVs spend crores for the brand new ones and millions even on used ones... so its not that they dont have money... and with money comes choices...

If i have lets say 7 million to spend ... id rather buy a used Prado or FJ cruiser than a cheaper and less reliable,luxurious or bad looking under powered indian suv.

BoI??? o_O
just because you dont know about it do not means it is not there. :)

If you read the post i already have pointed that how this time it looks like they have had enough. This indicates that i am recognizing the ways toyota, honda or suzuki managed to maintain their monoply in the market. However what i am arguing about is if you look at the amount of effort being put in, this might change this time and the need of investmenst will out shine the lust for easy money. However it wont be right to assume that they will just march in and set up a plant. First CBUs will be injected in the market to see the response and then things will nove from there, that is, IF they do. However there surely is a serious drive to bring in some investment from the auto industry.
Consumer behaviour in pakistan is exclusively based on speculations and hawaee news, like what our mechanics say about a vehicle becomes viral..and people resist that product and stop others too...in other words the consumer behaviour is retarded here... Also we prefer cheap, high resale value products that need just a brand name on a crap...
We resist new products and want stuck with old because of speculations like "YBR is plastic" so people won't purchase... All goes down to level of literacy and awareness...out of their enclosed brains....

Back
Top Bottom