What's new

Remeber this Hero????

Yes...........He is 2nd Lieutenant Arun Khetarpal.

The Commander of the Pakistan tank battalion is said to have met the Indian battalion commander after the battle and make enquiries about 2nd Lieutenant Khetarpal's tank since he was very impressed with the gallantry of 2nd Lieutenant Khetarpal.

Here is a short intesting strory, which tells us that bravery never dies:

A true hero earns not just the respect of his comrades, but even the respect of his enemies.

And hats off to Brigadier Naser for the courtesy and hospitality shown to Brigadier M.L. Khetarpal. It takes a great man to treat the father of someone who tried to kill him with such grace, and also to confess that he killed his son.

Also, though 2nd Lt. Arun Khetarpal was the hero of Basantar, the battle is also known for another incident, where a Pakistani officer was honoured by an Indian officer.

"Unusually, Colonel Mohammed Akram Raja was awarded Hilal-i-Jurat by the Pakistan Government on the basis of a citation written by Lieutenant Colonel, Ved Airy, who was Commanding Officer, 3 Grenadiers, Indian Army"

Battle of Basantar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

after going through this thread ,there are tears in my eyes i feel like crying :undecided: .
These are the things which create as a motivating factor for creating new heroes for there countries .

Originally Posted by SupermanKaPapa
"Brother already mentioned about Brigadier Naser in my post in bold part. And I also admire his actions. I have no ill intion against him. He was a true soldier by all means."

@SupermanKaPapa
My unconditional apology to you. i certainly did not intend to sound that way. The fact that you also posted the info about Brig. Naser is itself a clear indication of your intentions. i intended it as a general statement (not for you).
Poor construction on my part.

No issues brother. You were right on your part, just a bit confusing.

Anyway.............no need to sorry. Just be proud of this young man, who gave his life for safety of our lives, whose bravery earned him so much respect even from enemies.:tup:

Salute to Arun Khetarpal...

A true hero earns not just the respect of his comrades, but even the respect of his enemies.

Yeah...........that is why "Bravery" is so valuable. And thats why we all are remembering this man.

And hats off to Brigadier Naser for the courtesy and hospitality shown to Brigadier M.L. Khetarpal. It takes a great man to treat the father of someone who tried to kill him with such grace, and also to confess that he killed his son.[/url]

If Arun Khetrapal was a true hero, Brigadier Naser was a true soldier too. Every Brigadier Naser had guts to praise the bravery shown by his enemy. He killed Arun; but he did what was right for safety of his country. Indeed, a great man and soldier.

Also, though 2nd Lt. Arun Khetarpal was the hero of Basantar, the battle is also known for another incident, where a Pakistani officer was honoured by an Indian officer.

"Unusually, Colonel Mohammed Akram Raja was awarded Hilal-i-Jurat by the Pakistan Government on the basis of a citation written by Lieutenant Colonel, Ved Airy, who was Commanding Officer, 3 Grenadiers, Indian Army"[/url]

Again, "credit should be given where it is due." No matter the recipient is Indian or Pakistani.:tup:

after going through this thread ,there are tears in my eyes i feel like crying :undecided:.

These are the things which create as a motivating factor for creating new heroes for there countries .

No brother, crying is not the right way to give tribute to such a great Hero. We should be proud of him. As you said yourself, these are the examples, which creates new heroes.

I donot think there is any better job than serving our own country. And Arun Khetarpal represented a very unique example in terms of bravery in such young age, that won the hearts of enemies also.

We should be proud of on our soldiers who are always ready to sacrifice their life to protect us from all threats. I salute to all such heros who sacrified for our country.

I donot think there is any better job than serving our own country. And Arun Khetarpal represented a very unique example in terms of bravery in such young age, that won the hearts of enemies also.

We should be proud of on our soldiers who are always ready to sacrifice their life to protect us from all threats. I salute to all such heros who sacrified for our country.

With due respect to your post, I would like to rephrase your words to convey my view...

We should be proud of on our soldiers who are always ready to sacrifice their life to protect us from all threats. I salute to all such heros who sacrified for their respective country.

Our country is full of patriotic people like him (including me)

I bow down to him.
Jai Hind.
Such a shame that our politicians never complement the sacrifice made by such young heroes of our country. All the money hoarding babus should be sent to the border with obsolete guns and NO protective gear to be the cannon-fodder for enemy while such young warriors should be using them as shields over landmines and winning our wars.

Jai Hind.

Salute to Arun sir and more salutes to his father. This man has died a cinematic life, life which every true patriot wishes and dreams, heck man im jealous of him his story even after his dearth is cinematic & nostalgic.
The pakistani soilder has also shown exemplary spirit , salutes to him aswell.

Offtopic: There should be certainly a movie on this Legends life.

after going through this thread ,there are tears in my eyes i feel like crying :undecided: .

Bhai aansu aaye chalega par aisey sapooth ke balidaan aur shaurya pe aansu sirf aur sirf khusi ka hona chahiye..

Jai hind.

Back
Top Bottom