What's new

Religious circumcision of kids a crime - German court

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand freedom of religion, people should have as much freedom as possible.
But if certain practices are found to be regressive for current society, you need to take a stand.
Will you be willing to grant same freedom of religion to say an african, who advocates female circumcision?

So tell me, how is male circumcision of babies (painless and heals quickly) is regressive to society?

Does a circumcised child become uncivilized during adulthood or something like that? It'd be worth noting that Jews are some of the most successful and educated people in the world.

So tell me, how is male circumcision of babies (painless and heals quickly) is regressive to society?
Do you first agree that freedom of religion is not absolute and it has to be weighted against current norms of the society it funcutions in?

Everyone should be allowed to practise their religion as they want, whether that be keeping Kosher or Halal or cirumcision it is the persons choice and nobody else's concern.

Circumcision is not a persons choice, because a baby doesn't have the intellectual ability to make such choice.

Does a circumcised child become uncivilized during adulthood or something like that? It'd be worth noting that Jews are some of the most successful and educated people in the world.
Now you are just trolling. Your English is better than mine, and you very well understand what I meant there :)

Circumcision is not a persons choice, because a baby doesn't have the intellectual ability to make such choice.

That is a good point but Parents are the legal guardians of that child until the age of 16.

Everyone should be allowed to practise their religion as they want, whether that be keeping Kosher or Halal or cirumcision it is the persons choice and nobody else's concern.

Just because we in India have an anything goes mentality, doesn't mean that the West will also adhere to it.

It's for religious reasons and it is a right of every parent.

I don't believe this law will be enforced.

That is a good point but Parents are the legal guardians of that child until the age of 16.

Of course, in most matters the parents can decide for their children, but even that parental right have its limits.

No, religion does not give you special rights over your children. Parents are trustee of their children, they dont own them.

Legal guardians doesn't mean that they have right to disfigure the child's body.

No, because ze Jews will of course prevent it with their anti-Semitic allegations.

Just because we in India have an anything goes mentality, doesn't mean that the West will also adhere to it.

Buddy in UK it is no problem, I can't speak of all of Europe but in England everyone is equal the UK Gov even provide funds to Sikh and Hindu schools from Tax payers paisa.

Tell me PteX, if a Sikh insists that he carry his Kripan ( dagger) to an airplane as it is his religious right (it is) , will you allow that in Israel.

Buddy in UK it is no problem, I can't speak of all of Europe but in England everyone is equal the UK Gov even provide funds to Sikh and Hindu schools from Tax payers paisa.
Segregation based on faith in childhood is another reason why UK is going to face more problem in future.

Legal guardians doesn't mean that they have right to disfigure the child's body.

But it is their religion as per Jewish Law or Islamic that the child must be circumsticed and we must respect their religion as a Hindu when I was a baby I had to shave my hair off why? because that is my religion's law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom