What's new

Reliance Jio starts testing 1Gbps home broadband connection: Reports

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Reliance Jio starts testing 1Gbps home broadband connection: Reports
Reliance Jio is currently testing its FTTH-based home broadband connection in parts of Mumbai and Pune with free preview offer
By: Tech Desk | Updated: September 6, 2016 12:35 pm
rjio-broadband-big.jpg
Reliance Jio is currently testing its FTTH-based home broadband connection in parts of Mumbai and Pune (Source: Arjun Hemrajani/Twitter)
Reliance Jio, the mobile telecommunication wing of Reliance Industries Limited has started test on home broadband services based on fibre to the home (FTTH) wired network service. At company’s annual shareholders’ meeting, the company revealed the tariff plans for Jio 4G and also gave a brief update on upcoming Reliance Jio GigaFiber service.

Reliance Jio’s fibre broadband service promises to offer speeds of up to 1Gbps. While the service is expected to roll out sometime later this year, the company Chairman Mukesh Ambani already targets 100 million wireless broadband customers. Now, a social media post by Arjun Hemrajani, CTO of Hipcask has hinted at Reliance Jio testing the service in Mumbai and Pune.

In a tweet, Arjun Hemrajani claims to have received the free 100Mbps Jio FTTH home broadband connection few days ago. In a separate tweet, he posted a speed test result showing download speeds of 743Mbps and upload speed of 73Mbps. The speeds are staggering for any broadband service. One Gbps home broadband is not a new concept. The service is already available in countries likeSouth Korea, Hong Kong, USA to name a few.

Google is pioneering the spread of 1Gbps home broadband connection in US with its Google Fiber internet service. With 1Gbps home broadband connection, consumers can watch satellite TVs, do crystal clear HD video call, cast or stream data from any device.

Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani at his AGM address mentioned company having laid more than 2.5 lakh kilometres of fibre-optic cables, covering 18,000 cities and over one lakh villages. The company aims to cover entire population of the country by the end of 2018.

#jio #ftth #jiobroadband #fibre Finished my 80gb now on 1Gbps plan. ookla speedtest! Pune server! pic.twitter.com/T93FYFPnSE

— Arjun Hemrajani (@arjunhemrajani) September 4, 2016

According to Arjun Hemrajani, Reliance Jio is again offering preview with its FTTH home broadband service. The service offers unlimited downloads for three months, which sounds like a great deal if you consider the speeds being claimed.

Reliance Jio 4G services have been launched for consumers and the company is now offering ‘Free Preview Offer’ with unlimited data and voice calls. In our experience, we found that it is too hard to get hold of a Jio 4G SIM. The service promises true 4G connection. Here are the list of devices that can be used with Reliance Jio 4G connection.

http://indianexpress.com/article/te...band-connection-testing-free-preview-3016095/

thtz impressive , i am using reliance geo 4g service and its really good no more buffering issue . (bole to taka tak..)

Well I should thank BSNL for providing me 1 MBPS home broadband connection after being a faithful user for 6 years :p:

I am yet to get the sim card.....sim cards are out of stock here and will be available after 2-3 days...

Is Reliance Jio is serious about providing service for the public or just an another money making cow for Reliance. What is the guarantee that once people port from existing network to Reliance Jio, they won't let down their customers just like Reliance Petroleum Bunks did ?:angry:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom