What's new

Reliance Defence to Set up R&D Center for Aerospace Technology

That's exactly what's worrying ...

Public can just ignore their products if it's not worth it.
Given their political back up, quality products from good companies may have to suffer in defence sector

Let's say Tata kestrel vs Reliance Mustrel
Who will win ?

Navy might have priorities , how long will it take reliance to convince MOD and navy to buy more of their products ?

Given their political back up, quality products from good companies may have to suffer in defence sector

Who will win ?

Navy might have priorities , how long will it take reliance to convince MOD and navy to buy more of their products ?

The better product should win. But you raise the point of a military industrial complex. You can bet TATAs. L&Ts, etc. will be playing those games as well, maybe not as crony.

It's going to be a shift of outside lobbies from France, Russia, etc. manipulating, to actual Indian private firms. I honestly think this is unavoidable as their slice of the pie grows.

The better product should win. But you raise the point of a military industrial complex. You can bet TATAs. L&Ts, etc. will be playing those games as well, maybe not as crony.

It's going to be a shift of outside lobbies from France, Russia, etc. manipulating, to actual Indian private firms. I honestly think this is unavoidable as their slice of the pie grows.

I agree to your point that shift is from external to internal, which itself is a betterment.
Money stays in India .

Just I read in some other thread , about why indian products don't have quality make,
sub vendors are not much with quality make it seems..

Damn it, I am getting a strong thoughts of doing something..:D
:lazy2:

Who will win ?

Maybe defense does need the marwari / gujarati touch after all. .:lol:

I remember I used to pay 16 rs for outgoing mobile calls and 8 rs for incoming calls, until reliance launched their telecom service and brought down the rates to 50 paise and free incoming..

The mobile companies till that time were fleecing consumers big time and a very small percentage had mobile phones. The handsets costed a minimum 20 grand...reliance turned that on its face as well by bringing in 500 rs handsets. .now, practically all have handsets.

Reliance entered petroleum retailing and found out that they cannot compete with national companies because of the subsidies..They turn that around and get rid of fixed pricing and get rid of subsidies. .

They were the first to introduce vegetables and produce direct from farmer to customer..now all follow that lead. .They were the one's to bring in retail chains..The others weren't able to cope up with the overheads and manage the economies of scale..

The marwari business style is to break up monopoly, bring down margins, and break up business down to its nuts and bolts..

Just maybe...The defense sector needs to be broken down into achievable sections and become profitable.

Maybe defense does need the marwari / gujarati touch after all. .:lol:

I remember I used to pay 16 rs for outgoing mobile calls and 8 rs for incoming calls, until reliance launched their telecom service and brought down the rates to 50 paise and free incoming..

The mobile companies till that time were fleecing consumers big time and a very small percentage had mobile phones. The handsets costed a minimum 20 grand...reliance turned that on its face as well by bringing in 500 rs handsets. .now, practically all have handsets.

Reliance entered petroleum retailing and found out that they cannot compete with national companies because of the subsidies..They turn that around and get rid of fixed pricing and get rid of subsidies. .

They were the first to introduce vegetables and produce direct from farmer to customer..now all follow that lead. .They were the one's to bring in retail chains..The others weren't able to cope up with the overheads and manage the economies of scale..

The marwari business style is to break up monopoly, bring down margins, and break up business down to its nuts and bolts..

Just maybe...The defense sector needs to be broken down into achievable sections and become profitable.

Agreed to that..

If people find it beneficial they will buy, if the don't like they won't buy..

In defence sector , that's not the case.

Agreed to that..

If people find it beneficial they will buy, if the don't like they won't buy..

In defence sector , that's not the case.

GOI is considering making defense production into a profit generating industry...reliance is all about making profits. As for the monopoly part...no reliance industry enjoys monopoly.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom