What's new

Reko Dig

FlyingEagle

Reaction score
Reko Diq is a small town in Chagai District, Balochistan with world's largest Gold and Copper reserves.

Tethyan Copper of Australia has taken the contract to develop this mine. Barrick Gold Corporation of Canada and Antofagasta of Chile have a joint-ownership of the copper-gold deposit at Reko Diq.

The Reko Diq deposit is being explored by Tethyan Copper Company Pty Ltd (75%) and the (BDA) Balochistan Development Authority (25%). Tethyan Copper Company is held jointly (50:50) by Barrick Gold Corporation and Antofagasta Minerals.

Currently the deposit is at scoping / pre feasibility stage. It is a world class copper / gold porphyry style deposit, typical of the tethyan belt.

It has been sold to the Zionist controlled regimes by the Pakistani Government under the dictator at a price of $21 billion. Rough estimates suggest that the gold and copper at the surface alone accounts for $65 billion worth of deposits.

Tell me how many of us know about it ...remember the total debt on Pakistani Nation is $38b.

Now the question is why Pakistani media and Govt is silent about it? why it is kept secret from Pakistani Nation?

References:

1. http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Reko_Diq

2. Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada pdac/publication s/papers/ 2003/Schloderer. pdf

3. http://www.dawn. com/2006/ 03/13/ebr9. htm

4. Reko Diq in Balochistan : US $ 65 Billion natural deposits sold for US $21 Billion - NaiTazi.com

Dear Bro.

while I was studying about this Reko Dig, I found some forum discussion on Facebook regarding this Reko Dig.

I am quoting the reply here as it is.
First of all, its fifth largest reserve not the worlds largest. The world’s largest reserve of Copper is in Chile. None of the sites regarding this quoted the numbers that are posted in emails. Even if they are true, it comes to about 32 % of the actual worth (the actual worth will change with time). Also, the copper and gold is not simply lying on the ground to be picked up. I studied this to a certain degree of detail. There is a huge effort involved in extraction and separation of copper and it needs a lot of investment. The area thats alotted to them is roughly 10 X 15 Kms. Approximately this effort will create 5000 jobs (Imagine if an average salary is 200 dollars) and infrastructure will also be built to support the entire logistics. The cost of extraction is also dependant on many variables such as depth, percentage, terrain (In this case its a hill) etc. This venture will also help us through knowledge transfer and there are many more places in Balochistan where we can eventually do it on our own. One more thing, the contract is only for 10 years so a company that takes on this venture also has to make some profit. In 60 year we havent been able to exploit an ounce of Balochistan’s mineral resources so I think its a good step in the larger picture.

i definetly copied it but wanted to share this with my brothers.

Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

Dear Bro.

while I was studying about this Reko Dig, I found some forum discussion on Facebook regarding this Reko Dig.

I am quoting the reply here as it is.
First of all, its fifth largest reserve not the worlds largest. The world’s largest reserve of Copper is in Chile. None of the sites regarding this quoted the numbers that are posted in emails. Even if they are true, it comes to about 32 % of the actual worth (the actual worth will change with time). Also, the copper and gold is not simply lying on the ground to be picked up. I studied this to a certain degree of detail. There is a huge effort involved in extraction and separation of copper and it needs a lot of investment. The area thats alotted to them is roughly 10 X 15 Kms. Approximately this effort will create 5000 jobs (Imagine if an average salary is 200 dollars) and infrastructure will also be built to support the entire logistics. The cost of extraction is also dependant on many variables such as depth, percentage, terrain (In this case its a hill) etc. This venture will also help us through knowledge transfer and there are many more places in Balochistan where we can eventually do it on our own. One more thing, the contract is only for 10 years so a company that takes on this venture also has to make some profit. In 60 year we havent been able to exploit an ounce of Balochistan’s mineral resources so I think its a good step in the larger picture.

i definetly copied it but wanted to share this with my brothers.

Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

my friend your research is still incomplete

first of all its not Reko dig ..... its Reko Diq

and i don't agree with both of the above posts but now we don't have to argue about this topic. This project was estimated to be worth $65 billion dollars and thats true. I can't say for how much it was sold to foreign companies in Musharraf's era but now this project has officially been cancelled. Now i can't exactly remember the reason why it was cancalled but it was something to do obtaining licence and that they failed anyway this project has been cancelled and in future if we want we can fully utilize it for our needs

BlackBlood started a thread on same topic and that thread is active.
"175,000,000,000 tones coal found in pakistan"

@mods kindly lock this thread or merge it with the above one.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom