RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Reham Khan served defamation notices by ex-husband, 11 others
2 HOURS AGO BY STAFF REPORT

Reham-Khan-640x370.jpg

–Reham denies meeting Maryam, receiving money from Shehbaz
LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan’s former wife Reham Khan has been served with defamation notices by her former husband Ijazur Rehman, former cricketer Wasim Akram, Imran’s close aide Zulfi Bukhari, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa outgoing chief minister Parvez Khattak, PTI’s Hamza Ali Abbasi, Asad Umar, Murad Saeed, Anila Khawaja and four others for publishing “defamatory and malicious” content in her upcoming autobiography.

According to the notice, the manuscript of her purported autobiography titled ‘Reham Khan’ contains a “litany of malicious, false, incorrect, highly misleading, callous, wanton, tortious, prejudicial, damaging, libellous and defamatory imputations”.

The notice sent by a law firm representing 12 petitioners adds that “our clients will be seeking full redress through the courts for the serious damage and harm” the book is anticipated to inflict on them.

The notice, mailed to Reham in UK, demands a detailed answer from her within 14 days and will be dismissed if she removes the “malicious content” besides stating her sources.

Reham Khan’s upcoming book has become a source of controversy in both the mainstream and social media. In the book, Reham has levelled serious allegations against the aforementioned personalities.

It is said to revolve around her marriage to PTI chief Imran Khan, which ended in a divorce mere 15 months later. The manuscript of her book was leaked online, which irked several PTI leaders who took to Twitter to accuse her of being part of an “agenda” ahead of the upcoming general election.

Earlier, Reham claimed that her former husband Imran Khan did not fulfil requirements of Article 62 and 63 as he hid their marriage for two months.

REHAM DENIES MEETING MARYAM, RECEIVING MONEY FROM SHEHBAZ:

Meanwhile, Reham Khan denied an earlier allegation by Fawad Chaudhry of having met Maryam Nawaz, daughter of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan’s political rival Nawaz Sharif.

In an interview to a private television channel, Reham refuted allegations of receiving money from Shehbaz Sharif.

“The accusation of receiving money from Shehbaz is incorrect, I never met him or Maryam,” she said, threatening to take the accusers to court.

Reham also requested Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar to take notice of the issue.

“I cannot understand why PTI is apprehensive about my book,” she said in the interview.

Aiming the guns at her former spouse, Reham said Imran had not complied with Articles 62 and 63, as he had their marriage for two months.

She also criticised Imran over the recent nominations of candidates for caretaker chief minister for Punjab, for which the party has come under fire after it withdrew the name of its proposed candidate Nasir Khosa.

Reham also questioned allegations of writing the book on a hidden agenda. Responding to PTI Spokesman Chaudhry’s claims on Twitter that “the whole book [written by Reham] is an exercise to demolish only real opposition”, she said: “How will my book affect the outcome of elections.”

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...-defamation-notices-by-ex-husband-and-others/

It is said to revolve around her marriage to PTI chief Imran Khan,

So her life started after she married IK?
What is wrong with women in Pakistani politics...they either sound like screaming banshees (on tv shows) or are stupid to a disgusting level...Gulalai comes to mind also!

he hid their marriage for two months.
She was married to him for a further 13 months? Was she shocked about the previous 2 mths of no publicity that she didnt voice during the 13 mths?

“How will my book affect the outcome of elections.”
Like she doesnt know? Seriously?

Sounds like a "mujhay kiyun nikala scheme"

Phus gayi... UK mein defamation notice are very dangerous

Last edited:
She is too greedy otherwise she had a good career as anchor and she could earn a very very decent living but her greed will take her to the grave...
She wants to get money using shortcuts, but shortcuts won't help her. She will be exposed like Ayesha Gulalai, IA.

Wasim Akram, ex-husband among others send notice to Reham Khan over book’s ‘salacious’ content
By Vaqas Asghar
Published: June 4, 2018
103SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1727609-rehamkhanx-1528127295-777-640x480.jpg

The notice issued by British law firm Sweetman Burke and Sinker on May 30 says that each of them received copies of the manuscript for Reham Khan's book from an anonymous source. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: Imran Khan’s ex-wife Reham Khan has been served a legal notice by her first husband, a cricket legend, a British businessman, and a PTI official over the contents of her upcoming book.

The journalist’s tell-all autobiography reportedly includes details of her interactions with various celebrities and her marriage with Imran. Some of those details apparently crossed a line for businessman Zulfikar Bukhari, Reham’s first husband Ijaz Rehman, cricketer Wasim Akram, and PTI International Media Coordinator Anila Khawaja.

The notice issued by British law firm Sweetman Burke and Sinker on May 30 says that each of them received copies of the manuscript for her book from an anonymous source. The book contains “a litany of malicious, false, incorrect, highly misleading, callous, wanton, tortious, prejudicial, damaging, libellous, and defamatory imputations” directed towards the filers.

PTI ups hostility to Reham’s book a notch

It also says that actor Hamza Ali Abbasi, former MNAs Murad Saeed and Asad Umer, Former K-P chief minister Pervez Khattak, Senator Mohsin Aziz, PTI social media team member Umer Farooq, socialite Yousaf Salahuddin, and Zakir Khan may approach her separately with legal notices in Pakistan due to jurisdictional aspects.

The point-by-point details include “defamatory imputations” towards Bukhari, who is accused in the manuscript of arranging an abortion for a young woman allegedly impregnated by Imran.

Accusations of Rehman’s violence and cruelty towards Reham are also mentioned. The notice refers to a contradiction within the book regarding the timeline of when the alleged violent conduct began – throughout the marriage or after the birth of their first child.

Hamza Ali Abbasi threatening me since 2017, alleges Reham Khan

The notice details some highly salacious allegations regarding Akram and his relationship with his deceased first wife, including the allegation that he was a cuckold. These are referred to as a “malicious falsehood”.

Khawaja is accused in the book of having had an illicit affair with PTI chief Imran and exerting enormous control over him. The notice claims Reham called her “chief of the harem” in the manuscript.

The notice provides Reham with 14 days to meet various conditions to avoid further action. These include agreeing not to publish the manuscript in its current form, and to remove the alleged defamatory passages while confirming in writing to the filers that the allegations in the manuscript are refuted as false and defamatory and will not be repeated in the published book.

Imran neither truthful nor trustworthy: Reham

It also requires an undertaking that she will not create any further defamatory material, will provide details about the sources of her manuscript, and details of any websites where the manuscript in its current form may be posted.

She has also been asked to make proposals for the payment of damages if any details from the manuscript leak online, while providing an undertaking to monitor and delete any defamatory content for which she may be responsible.

If these are not received by June 14, the law firm will advise its clients to approach the high court for an injunction to stop publication of the book and “substantial damages”.

When The Express Tribune spoke to Bukhari, he said he was not giving any official statement at this time.

Reham’s lawyer in Pakistan, Yasir Hameed Hamdani said he is not aware of his client having received the notice.

1-1528129316.jpg

2-1528129324.jpg

3-1528129331.jpg

4-1528129338.jpg

5-1528129345.jpg

6-1528129350.jpg

7-1528129356.jpg

Read more: Imran Khan , Latest , Reham Khan

@Tameem @Proudpakistaniguy @Kabira @war&peace @BATMAN @Path-Finder
PMLN flopshow is ending soon just like Gulalei
I dont know whether PML(N) staged this show or not but its definitely flop show if i be the judge of the contents released or leaked so far if taken from actual book. I am critics of IK or PTI but on serious issues with valid arguments but this is very poor lame attempt from reham and i dont think people will buy such non serious silly stuffs revolve around sexual life

I was watching her nterview and i am getting this impression that she will be going to edit some stuffs now and she said book got leaked when it was in editing stages . I think abaasi should have wait for her to release this book so that she dont get the chance of editing but well i dont think this will bring any harm to PTI and Imran Khan

I dont know whether PML(N) staged this show or not but its definitely flop show if i be the judge of the contents released or leaked so far if taken from actual book. I am critics of IK or PTI but on serious issues with valid arguments but this is very poor lame attempt from reham and i dont think people will buy such non serious silly stuffs revolve around sexual life

I was watching her nterview and i am getting this impression that she will be going to edit some stuffs now and she said book got leaked when it was in editing stages . I think abaasi should have wait for her to release this book so that she dont get the chance of editing but well i dont think this will bring any harm to PTI and Imran Khan
NS only needs a reason for people to be "hurtdaram" and this will completely fill the service
logic doesnt work everywhere otherwise PML N with all its failed policies of 1990s and recent history wouldnt have gotten votes from educated people of urban northern punjab

Bro this is very sad.

IK, NS, Zardari all different faces of a same coin. Not our leaders. We are the fools that are easily lead.

that is exactly what I have been saying for 10 years

Back
Top Bottom