What's new

Reducing poverty: India well ahead of Pakistan: World Bank-IMF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the last decade India's economy has increased by 2.5 times almost.

*HIV infections per capita? Possibly...
*Abject poverty per capita(less than a $ or two) ? Debatable...
a large grey economy, unorganised labor market and lower PPP, Ration/PDS schemes etc. are all important factors which must be taken into account
*Severe Malnourtishment per capita? Its the first time I have heard this.. please provide some statistics... Calorie requirements vary and so do the BMR of different individuals..
*Murder per capita? Provide stats
*Prostitution per capita? Provide stats
*Guttercleaners per capita? Provide stats
*Homelessness per capita ? Provide stats.. (possible since a House in posh area in Delhi/Mumbai costs 25000$+ per sq yard yes 25000$)
*TB per capita? Some diseases are due to climatic and topographical features..

BTW most of the above factors are not taken into account while defining poverty...

Most of the above factors may not be taken into account while defining poverty but many of them do contribute to causing poverty, yet others are signs of poverty.

Severe and even moderate malnourishment causes muscle atrophy, degenerative disease, mental retardation, deformities and low energy output. Not to mention low IQ,general feeblemindedness and chronic or acute depression. These factors in turn contribute greatly to poverty since it is the poorest people who have to work the hardest to survive and prosper. So the productivity of manual laborers and reduntant clerical workers is greatly reduced.

Murder, prostitution and guttercleaning are acts and occupations with direct correlation to abject and extreme poverty, so you cannot just brush that away.

Homelessness doesn't really exist in Pakistan's cities and most certainly not in its villages and towns. Big Indian cities including Delhi/Mumbai which you were joking about have shantytowns where people live in cardboard boxes with corrugated roofs tied on. Now don't tell me this has no relation to poverty.

PS: I will be the first to say that in your face poverty in India is generally more overt than Pakistan.. and India leads Pakistan in absolute numbers...

It is obvious to anyone that India would lead in absolute numbers but what I am arguing is that it also leads even when adjusted for population.

I differ.. India's gdp per capita is over 1000$.. and there GDP by PPP per capita is over 5000$ ...
Pakistan's GDP per capita even if over 1000$ would then be around 3600$ per capita by PPP

I don't buy these PPP multiplier figures, are they CIA supplied as well? Why would all items, especially essential items, cost a third more in Pakistan? That makes no sense.

that would be China..

Are you trying to be funny here? India does not even begin to compare to china when it comes to equality, fair access to health, life essentials and education. Why do you think China has three times the GDP and faster growth, why do you think the average Chinese has an IQ of 105 while the average Indian is stuck at 82? It's because people in China treat everyone well. The government and society there actually works properly which is why they will be a superpower by 2050.

Caste system exists in all South Asian Nations... While in India it is against the law to discriminate on the basis of caste, religion... etc.

The caste system is about ten times more entrenched in India than in Bangladesh and Pakistan. You have millions of people, perhaps hundreds of millions of people doomed bottom of the barrel "chamar" tasks. And the discrimination laws in India are a joke too, unenforcible except when forcefully reverse discriminating by assigning jobs to low castes. I can't believe you tried to slip that statement in about it being against the law as if that had any meaning.

The IMF is in fact drawing comparisions in the rates of poverty reduction of which India's is higher. It does not require India's comprehensive poverty to be lesser than Pakistan's for their current conclusion to be statistically significant. If and when India's poverty does go below that of Pakistan's the results and the conclusions will be different from what has been stated here.

That rambling article which this entire thread is based on did not really give any comparative figures though. I just went back and reread it but there were no comparative figures between India and Pakistan as to how much India had caught up to pakistan in terms of poverty reduction. How do we even know exactly how much abject poverty has been reduced in India? In fact we don't even know if the figures are being fudged to make pakistan look bad. Anything is possible, after all look at the variance between the CIA and IMF figures.

As a person who has lived on over 3 continents in multiple developing and under developed nations and participated in medical missions in many more; I can say with a great degree of observational certainty that the social stratification, discrimination, oppression and inequality of the Indian society is not even remotely the greatest in the world. Nor does the lowest denominator of Indian society live in a lawless, unstable, violent upheaval and threadbare civil war conditions as they do in parts of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq, parts of South America, DPRK and most of North and sub Saharan Africa.... so yes, quality of life wise (since you aren't taking the economic aspect into account here), they are in fact better off than the unfortunate people who live in the abovementioned areas.

The "popular opinion" you state is most likely one limited to this site. If you see the rest of the world, one of the stated and published "popular opinion" states that Pakistan is the most dangerous nation in the world; an assertion that is vehemently rejected by most people here. Point being that, unless you are in possession of multiple unbiased sources supporting your stance, I don't think it's of much value.

Are you actually denying that the caste system in India is not a stratified elitist system that has condemned the low castes to lives of misery, poverty and eternal condemnation just for the crime of existing? This is a historical fact...how can you debate it? If it were not true why would the Indian govt have made all these anti-discrimination laws. I am really not sure I can debate this issue with someone who is in such complete denial. It's just not possible and is somewhat off topic anyway.

Truth is hard to Digest ! Most persons live in state of Denial. They think their views are true. They try to trash Worldbank-IMF reports.

However the gap is becoming more evident and in some years it will be more apparent.

Anyone can guess perception of their countries in other parts of world.

Depends.... Some Chinese here believe that they are happier than Indians statistically...

I can't believe you keep comparing China to India in this regard. Anyone in their right mind knows the average chinese person and especially the average poor chinese person is much better off than his or her equivalent Indian counterpart. The chinese are healthier, more educated, better nourished and of course more productive than Indians due to a better system. Of course indians as a whole will be unhappier and most of all Indians in the lower rungs will be living in a virtual hell compared to poor chinese.

Why is it uneven?

Caste system is prevalent all over South Asia.. Even in Pakistan you will never see a Rajput marrying a Chamar.

Though I cand debate all day for and against caste system.

The caste system barely exists in Pakistan. It's everywhere in India though. There are plenty of Rajputs in Pakistan who would marry a chammar, being rajput there is just akin to belonging to a sort of an informal club. Proof can be seen when looking at matrimonial ads of Pakistanis versus Hindus. You hardly ever see people say they are "muslim rajputs" or "muslim jatts" but rather most of the time if there is a mention of any group it is a religious sect or subsect mentioned. Hindu ads on the other hand insist vehemently that only the same caste will be expected to show interest.

You should ideally always provide references.

Why do I need to provide references? Everyone with a clue about India knows all about the caste system. I mean I don't have to provide references towards the sky being blue or grass being green, do I?

Caste system existed in India before India was formed, It was practiced by mostly Hindu's it was done centuries back and it was difficult to eradicate. I do not justify the same.
Indian gov is doing a lot to eradicate it.
However politicians want them to exits as that is their safe vote bank.

Most of the above factors may not be taken into account while defining poverty but many of them do contribute to causing poverty, yet others are signs of poverty.

No they are not.. Please quote some source supporting your assumptions...

Severe and even moderate malnourishment causes muscle atrophy, degenerative disease, mental retardation, deformities and low energy output. Not to mention low IQ,general feeblemindedness and chronic or acute depression. These factors in turn contribute greatly to poverty since it is the poorest people who have to work the hardest to survive and prosper. So the productivity of manual laborers and reduntant clerical workers is greatly reduced.

Thanks I don't need info on what Malnoursihment does but need hard numbers of the same of both countries preferably from the same source..

Murder, prostitution and guttercleaning are acts and occupations with direct correlation to abject and extreme poverty, so you cannot just brush that away.

Nope.. I bet Thailand, Brazil, Columbia, Hungary, Germany, Netherlands, USA etc. have more prostitutes per capita than India...

I also believe Honduras, Haiti, USA etc. have more murders committed per capita than India...

Guttercleaning? I bet Paris is the city with the highest number of guttercleaners per capita and they are quite proud of their centuries old sewers...

All 3 factors are reflective of
1. An open society where Prostitution is either legal or tolerated
2. A society with less gun control and violence
3. A country with an old sewage system or a concern for waste disposal..

All the above are not reflective of poverty... You can provide sources proving me wrong..

Homelessness doesn't really exist in Pakistan's cities and most certainly not in its villages and towns.

Congrats Pakistan is a developed country then on this indicator please provide a source for the same I am a bit skeptical.

Big Indian cities including Delhi/Mumbai which you were joking about have shantytowns where people live in cardboard boxes with corrugated roofs tied on. Now don't tell me this has no relation to poverty.

A Jhuggi in Delhi/Mumbai costs almost b/w 5-10,000$(rent is cheap I believe) and a sq yard of land in a posh area almost 25000$... So there you go...

Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo for eg. has more slums than Mumbai or Delhi(even combined * 5 I think)

It is obvious to anyone that India would lead in absolute numbers but what I am arguing is that it also leads even when adjusted for population.

Rather rely on stats, sources then your own observations..

I don't buy these PPP multiplier figures, are they CIA supplied as well?

All have their PPP indicators... and methods of finding them out.. I believe India's PPP figure to be Higher though..

Why would all items, especially essential items, cost a third more in Pakistan? That makes no sense.

And there goes your credibility down the drain...

Are you trying to be funny here? India does not even begin to compare to china when it comes to equality, fair access to health, life essentials and education.

Equality?? Yes India doesn't even compare...
Rest China outperforms India by a comfortable margin...
but are we talking of China?

Why do you think China has three times the GDP and faster growth,

Simple an autocratic govt which is not accountable nor responsible and has political will and scant regard for the welfare of the common chinese..Why else would China have the world's worst income distribution?

why do you think the average Chinese has an IQ of 105 while the average Indian is stuck at 82? It's because people in China treat everyone well.

if treating well meant higher IQ then well done... Tibetans and Muslims will drive down their IQ then!

But again IQ is a highly debatable figure IMO.. Americans are supposed to have higher IQ than all I think and I don't think they are smart... Even Bush's IQ is supposedly very High...

The government and society there actually works properly which is why they will be a superpower by 2050.

Govt there is autocratic and has political will.

China is already a superpower Hulloh!!!

The caste system is about ten times more entrenched in India than in Bangladesh and Pakistan.

why? provide source..

You have millions of people, perhaps hundreds of millions of people doomed bottom of the barrel "chamar" tasks.

A chamar is ruling the most populous state of India aka UP..
A member of Backward Class is ruling Gujarat...
these 2 are top of the mind...

And the discrimination laws in India are a joke too, unenforcible except when forcefully reverse discriminating by assigning jobs to low castes.I can't believe you tried to slip that statement in about it being against the law as if that had any meaning.

Please elaborate and elucidate..

I can't believe you keep comparing China to India in this regard. Anyone in their right mind knows the average chinese person and especially the average poor chinese person is much better off than his or her equivalent Indian counterpart. The chinese are healthier, more educated, better nourished and of course more productive than Indians due to a better system. Of course indians as a whole will be unhappier and most of all Indians in the lower rungs will be living in a virtual hell compared to poor chinese.

I can't believe you thought I was comparing India with China, I was merely quoting an example that Happiness IMO is unquanitifiable and the methodology used by the site to define the same questionable...

Offtopic/
How big a role do you think China's income divide plays??

The caste system barely exists in Pakistan. It's everywhere in India though.

How do you know??

There are plenty of Rajputs in Pakistan who would marry a chammar, being rajput there is just akin to belonging to a sort of an informal club.

I dispute this... Jatts marrying Chamars, Rajputs marrying Arain etc.. is still pretty uncommon in Pakistan...

Proof can be seen when looking at matrimonial ads of Pakistanis versus Hindus. You hardly ever see people say they are "muslim rajputs" or "muslim jatts" but rather most of the time if there is a mention of any group it is a religious sect or subsect mentioned. Hindu ads on the other hand insist vehemently that only the same caste will be expected to show interest.

It is desirable in matters of progency as per Hindu beliefs to have pure bloodlines, having said that I strongly believe Arranged Marriages in India are on a severe decline and the caste, religion no bar section is getting fatter and fatter and the matrimonial pages thinner and thinner...

Though Sikhs are techinically not supposed to have caste system but they are the worst abusers of the same...

Why do I need to provide references? Everyone with a clue about India knows all about the caste system. I mean I don't have to provide references towards the sky being blue or grass being green, do I?

your extreme views and negativity regarding the same beg for sources...

I got my figures from the IMF a couple years back, I guess they changed a bit since then however relying on the CIA for anything like this is ridiculous--the analysts there seem like they have been sampling too much of their smuggled asian narcotics.

The fact is that India leads pakistan when it comes to HIV infections per capita .

well my friend in that case i think both Canada and the U.S leads Pakistan in HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) cases having said so does that make the Pakistanis earn more per capita then us we the Canadians and the Americans ! :lol: well if we go by your logic it seems so isn't it .

Umar Deen’s suicide leaves his heirs in turmoil

By Munawer Azeem

ISLAMABAD, April 9: Suicide by Umar Deen, the main bread earner of his 15-member family, has left the household in turmoil.

Umar, 28, committed suicide at Aabpara Chowk due to financial problems last Friday.

His 70-year-old father transports fruit and vegetable from Mandi to the market on a donkey cart, while his brother is a labourer and has to look after his own family.

Umar also had to bear the fees of his seven younger school- going siblings. One of his sisters’ marriage, which was likely to be held in the last week of this month, has been delayed due to financial problems.

His another brother, Rameez, a class-X student, whose one leg is crippled by polio, told Dawn that Umar wanted to hold the marriage ceremony of his sister in the last week of this month. “But we are now mourning his death and would decide the new date after sometime. It is also not possible to arrange the marriage due to financial problems,” he said.

Rameez said his brother was depressed and in distress due to the financial condition of the family.

Umar used to talk about the miserable economic situation in the country and believed that there was a need for a revolution to change the system, he added.

Rameez quoted his deceased brother as saying that his family was not alone but millions of Pakistanis were also living in miserable conditions. He said Umar had paid Rs80,000 to Rs90,000 to the usurer but had failed to pay the last three instalments. He said he informed him about the loan only two days before his death.

Tanveer Ali, a close relative of the deceased, said Umar took the loan from his ex-landlady one year back during the marriage of his elder brother.

Some of the amount was utilised during the marriage, while the rest was spent on purchase of grocery items, paying the house rent and fees of his siblings, he added. He used to pay Rs6,000 to Rs7,000 twice a month to the landowner, Tanveer said, adding Umar was selling ice-cream for the last three years.

Earlier, Rs500-Rs600 daily was incurred on making the ice- cream but the cost increased to Rs1,200 during the last couple of months. Moreover, majority of the ice-cream material rotted in freezers due to frequent power loadshedding.

Abdul Rehman, a close friend of the deceased’s father, said Umar talked to him, his family members, and friends some minutes before committing suicide.

During his last conversation, he told him that he was going to Dadyal to repair the ice-cream machine. He also prepared a dowry list of his sister along with a list of 50 guests to be invited to the ceremony.

Rehman said he did not tell anybody about taking Rs80,000 loan from the landlady. It was a huge amount for him and his family.

“We would have definitely done something had Umar told us about the loan,” he added.

Raja Waseem, son of the ex-landlady, told Dawn that Umar had taken the loan about three to four years back for the marriage of his sister.

The loan was given without any interest, and not a single penny was paid against it, he claimed, adding he had promised to return the loan within one-and-a-half years.

He said his mother would decide whether to write off the loan or not.
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

This entire argument that has developed is just silly, when families are devastated like this due to poverty. Poverty exists, whats important is combating is as effectively as each nation can - its not about dick measuring contests every time.

Sorry plight of India farm widows
Zubair Ahmed

By Zubair Ahmed
BBC News, Nagpur

Indira
Indira has to pay off the debt and look after four children

Manohar Kelkar ended his life by hanging himself from a tree.

Trapped in debt, the cotton farmer in the western Indian state of Maharashtra was driven to commit suicide by despair and hopelessness.

The suicide stunned the residents of Dahegaon, a tiny village 135km (85 miles) from Nagpur.

Mr Kelkar had often talked farmers out of taking their lives in the state's cotton growing belt of Vidarbha where, on average, one farmer commits suicide every eight hours.

In other words, three women become widows here every day.

Mammoth responsibility

Mr Kelkar's wife, Indira, is now one of them.

She is left with the mammoth responsibility of paying off his debt while looking after their four children.

Young women farm workers
Young people most often end up as farm workers

When I arrived in Dahegaon a day after Mr Kelkar's suicide, the family was huddled together, grieving.

Indira looked clearly in shock.

"He kept talking about the mounting bank debt, but I never thought he would commit suicide," she said sitting outside her small mud house, whose walls had gaping holes.

Her eldest daughter, who looks barely 16, was married off recently, and Mr Kelkar had to borrow 30,000 rupees ($645) for the wedding. Indira's main concern now is her other daughter, aged 14.

"My priority is to find a groom for her now," she says.

Indira also wants to send her two young sons to school. But where will the money come from?

She has no ready answers. But after a long pause, she comes up with a thought: "I will become a farm labourer."

That will earn her 60 rupees a day, an amount that is woefully inadequate to look after a family of six.

Rehabilitation

Indira is among the more than 4,000 widows in the region whose husbands have committed suicide in the past nine years.

Uma
Uma was the first widow in the village

Their plight did not escape Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's attention, when he visited the region a few weeks ago.

He pledged five million rupees ($100,000) to help widows in each district.

A widow is normally paid 100,000 rupees (a little over $2,000) as compensation by the state government.

Of this amount, 30,000 rupees ($625) are paid in cash, and the rest are kept in a fixed deposit in the bank for future use by the family.

The cash compensation does help them tide over the immediate problem of feeding the family. But, in the long run, they struggle.

Almost all of them become farm workers, because they are neither educated nor trained in any other vocation.

Uma, whose husband took his life seven years ago, is struggling to cope with the burden of looking after her two children and parents-in-law.

"My father-in-law is disabled, my mother-in-law is very old. I work in a farm, I have to leave the children with my in-laws, I don't know what else to do," she says.

One house, two widows

Uma's problems were further compounded last year when her brother-in-law committed suicide too.

Orphan children
Many children like these have lost their fathers

Two widows in one house is not unusual in Vidarbha.

Her father-in-law looks a lot older than his 60 years. "I had only two children - two sons. Both of them are now gone. Debt has taken a heavy toll on my family. It's ruined our life completely," he says.

In Vidarbha, families often blame widows for their husband's suicides.

In my several visits to the region, I have often heard such complaints, which put the widows under more pressure.

Campaigner Kishor Tiwari, who has been highlighting the farmers' plight for nearly a decade, says "the widows need a healing touch by the administration, but nothing has been done for them".

The state government seems to have no concrete plans to rehabilitate them. Officials say they are doing a lot in the region, but fail to say what concrete steps they have taken.

'Looming crisis'

Also, the prime minister's cash relief has yet to reach the widows I interviewed.

These women need urgent help.

Mr Tiwari says a crisis is looming: "Half the widows are between the ages of 19 and 25 and have two to three children.

"They will never remarry, because it's against tradition."

Uma, who was widowed seven years ago, is only 26. A mother of two young children, she has a long life ahead of her. Yet she has no plans for the future.

Marrying again is out of the question, she says.

Her aim is to train her two children to be farm workers, and she lives in hope that they will look after her.
BBC NEWS | Business | Sorry plight of India farm widows

It breaks your heart to think of the families left behind, children who should be laughing, playing and going to school, instead scrounging for scraps in garbage heaps..

AM,

Such tearjerker stories exist in all nations, the world is not Utopian...
Abject poverty as we know it shall be extinct(though if you believe Nostradamus, Famines will annihilate most nations in the near future...). In this regard the very lax, inefficient, red-tape, corrupt (please add other suitable adjectives) GoI has done admirably well.
India is ranked second behind China in lifting the number and percentage of people out of poverty. Now if Organisations want to compare other countries with India, what can you do?

India is always associated with scenes depicting beggars, poverty, famine and hunger, and such reports by world organisations depicting the contrary are ridiculed by detractors of India. This is not propaganda by GoI remember. Poverty, Hunger deaths etc. exist in India but their numbers, percentage are being reduced exponentially on a y-o-y basis.

I always associated Pakistan as a nation with significantly less poverty and almost a minimal population below poverty line and any reports depicting the contrary are eye-openers and were at a time hard to swallow.

Perceived notions of India and Pakistan are much different from the stark reality.....

Problem in Pakistan and India is simple poor they are more kids they keep having(if u cant afford one why in hell would u go out and have a different model every year)this alone will never let them out of poverty circle don't matter what the governments of these countries do.
India is moving ahead as for a very long time they have paid great attention to education which unfortunately Pakistan lacks.every kid coming out of madrasha have absolutely no future as religious education don't create job skills.i no as Pakistanis we like to cover up our weakness.but till we start to spend heavily in education we are going no where time for action is now or have and have no ts will grow bigger.

simply put it we are losing our middle class (Pakistan is the only country that i no of where manufacturers are allowed to have a union so they control the prices instead of fighting each other for market share.(in Western countries even a sign of price fixing means millions of dollars worth of fine) in pakistan they all decide to match prices at the same time this alone will never let the price come down so average Joe can have money to buy every day items.

I no most of you going to hate me for saying this but truth hurts and i say this cause i love my country.

ISLAMABAD, April 10: Strong domestic demand and rising food and energy prices pushed up inflation in the month of March to an all-time high of 14.12 per cent.

The coalition government is yet to initiate measures to contain an unprecedented rise in prices of all commodities of daily use, seriously eroding the purchasing power of the people, particularly of the middle and lower income groups.

Figures issued by the Federal Bureau of Statistics show that food inflation, measured through the Consumer Price Index (CPI), ballooned to 20.61 per cent in the month of March, the highest-ever increase not only in the country but in the entire region, over the figure for the same month last year. In February, the food inflation stood at 16 per cent.

All food items, including vegetable and fruits, potatoes, chicken, fish, cooking oil, vegetable ghee, mustard oil, rice, masoor and whole gram, gram pulse and besan, ready-made food, tea, dry fruits, and sweetmeat saw the unprecedented price hike in March.

The double-digit food inflation is being witnessed since September 2007.

For 2007-08, a 6.5 per cent annual inflation had been projected.

The inflation in the first nine months (July-March) reached 9.49 per cent, up from eight per cent during the same period last year, suggesting that the annul inflation may exceed 10 per cent.

The cities which recorded higher than average national inflation were Nawabshah (19.15pc), Shahadpur (18.45pc), Loralai (17.88pc), Hyderabad (17.69pc) and Mardan (17.59pc).

Other towns which witnessed inflation in the range of 15 to 17 per cent include Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Vehari, Mianwali, Samundari, Sukkur, Larkana, Mirpurkhas, Kunri, Peshawar and Khuzdar.

Transportation charges recorded an increase of 3.19 per cent in March and another hike in oil prices will take fares further up and also push up the prices of services and goods.

The previous government kept prices of petroleum products frozen for quite some time to contain non-food inflation which stood at five per cent over the past year.

But it is not just food or oil getting more expensive, the wholesale price index (WPI), the most commonly used measure to monitor the cost of production, rose to 19.79 per cent in March, which again was the highest-ever increase in the country.

The WPI indicates an increase in wholesale prices of more than 425 items. It witnessed a 16 per cent increase in February.

Another big blow to the people was the rise in medical expenses which in March was 6.54 per cent. Similarly, house rent went up by 10.60 per cent over last year

Problem in Pakistan and India is simple poor they are more kids they keep having(if u cant afford one why in hell would u go out and have a different model every year)this alone will never let them out of poverty circle don't matter what the governments of these countries do.

to an extent this could be a problem but ultimately India's strength is its Human Resource..
I don't see problems with large families only if the young have an opportunity(education, skill) to earn a livelihood.. India's labour is ranked amongst the top in terms of skill, quality and availability and a large population will help keep the average workforce age low, productivity high and plenty of availability.. China will face problems in the coming decade as its average age of the workforce rises.

India is moving ahead as for a very long time they have paid great attention to education which unfortunately Pakistan lacks.every kid coming out of madrasha have absolutely no future as religious education don't create job skills.i no as Pakistanis we like to cover up our weakness.but till we start to spend heavily in education we are going no where time for action is now or have and have no ts will grow bigger.

Mere basic education is not helpful to get employment. The Madrasa educated Indians cannot also be expected to be employed on the basis of their education.(yet IMO they are amongst the most highly sought after skilled workers in India)

More than education, Availability of training institute etc. where the skills and technical knowhow of the students is enhanced and provides an opportunity to be employed as skilled workers in the booming industries is more important.

Perceived notions of India and Pakistan are much different from the stark reality.....

Definitely, as I pointed out to you on the other thread (with respect to Indian misconceptions about the dynamics behind politics and popular opinion in Pakistan) we had an exchange on.

Definitely, as I pointed out to you on the other thread (with respect to Indian misconceptions about the dynamics behind politics and popular opinion in Pakistan) we had an exchange on.

That statement was as a result of our exchange....so thanks AM, for clearing out some preconceived notions....

=
Malang;150397]to an extent this could be a problem but ultimately India's strength is its Human Resource..
I don't see problems with large families only if the young have an opportunity(education, skill) to earn a livelihood.. India's labor is ranked among st the top in terms of skill, quality and availability and a large population will help keep the average workforce age low, productivity high and plenty of availability.. China will face problems in the coming decade as its average age of the workforce rises.

You see thats why i don't like to discuss these things.Indians always make it a competition.(having a bigger population is good for India bad for china).India's labor is best bla bla bla.if you are not interested in a serious discussion and just wanna compare sizes i will let you continue on.

Mere basic education is not helpful to get employment. The Madrasa educated Indians cannot also be expected to be employed on the basis of their education.(yet IMO they are among st the most highly sought after skilled workers in India)
Thats why Muslims are moving ahead in India cause they are sought after pleaseee don't start this B.s.You cant get a skill without education

More than education, Availability of training institute etc. where the skills and technical knowhow of the students is enhanced and provides an opportunity to be employed as skilled workers in the booming industries is more important.

In todays economy or tomorrows for that matter nothing is more important then education.you cant master a skill unless u have education you cant even fix car unless u no computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom