What's new

Reduce my burden, Pawar tells Prime Minister

Hulk

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Reduce my burden, Pawar tells Prime Minister

New Delhi: On his first visit to the capital after taking over as International Cricket Council (ICC) President, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with a one point agenda to reduce his "burden".

Pawar says that he has been requesting the PM for the last six months, the PM now has agreed to look into his request.

"I met the Prime Minister today and have requested him to reduce my burden. In fact, I have been after the Prime Minister for the last six months and telling him please relieve my burden.... I want more time with my party and ICC. Mujhe rahat milna chahiye (I need relief)," said Sharad Pawar.

Sharad Pawar is expected to keep his Agriculture portfolio but lose Food, Public Distribution and Consumer Affairs.

Those could go to a Congress Minister as a certain expertise is required which Congress sources say, the NCP does not have.

Sharad Pawar has weathered many controversies and charges that he devotes more time to cricket than to his critical ministry - Agriculture, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ministry - especially during the price crisis.

At present, K V Thomas is the only Minister of State (MoS) in the Agriculture Ministry.

However, Pawar says the present request for reducing burden has got nothing to do with him taking over as ICC chief.

He would like to take the opportunity to travel across the country and build up the NCP base.

He wants his burden to be reduced so that he can spend time with ICC. For Pawar death of farmers are not as important as cricket. In the situation we have, ideally the agriculture minister should be traveling across country trying to find issues with Farmers and trying to address some of them on the spot. I have never seen a single footage in his 6 years into that ministry where he ever visited any farmer.

ask him do some dieting and some early morning walk "burden" will come down automatically.

Quit as minister and enjoy ICC .Win-win for all

Back
Top Bottom