What's new

Rectal rehydration and broken limbs: the grisliest findings in the CIA torture report

I didn't say I wasn't against torture, in fact I agree with you. My problem is US hypocritical attitude such as complaining human right abuse in North Korea for example.

Edit: I couldn't remember earlier.

There is a different to torture people and get information you want and needed to save people and to torture people because they see things differently than the government, or to stave people just because the government wants more bargaining chips on negotiation table.

You cannot compare what the American done in war for intel (Again, EVERY COUNTRY DOES IT) to a totalitarian regime torture people just because they did so.

Nobody, I said, nobody, including the USA, have accuse or condemn other of torturing people under war, if torture saves life, then it would be a right way to goes, even if this is immoral. And nobody would say a damn thing on government level. But if you are trying to say at NGO level, then, well, they have an opinion almost to everything, and they would criticize almost everyone, US included.

When I take the job on Mil Intel, my boss tells me, you are not gonna like this job, and this job may probably ultimately lands you in jail. Cuz general public sees our job like a butcher in an abbottoir. The people want the meat, but they don't want to know where the meat came from...

Yup, there is 1 or 2 cases where Indian Malaysian death in police custody. Suspected criminal not political dissident. Rumor has it they were smuggling arms. Not sure if I heard of torturing political dissident, perhaps you could enlighten me?

I never said Political Dissident, I said Dissident only

Dissident does not just mean political dissident, ie, the people that stand up to the political system. Dissident means the people that stands up to the doctrine, institution and policy. Basically everyone that have stand up to anything are dissident. They can be religious motivated (Religious dissident - e.g. Dala Lama) or Financially motivated (financial Dissident - e.g. People who oppose World Trade) or anything that the government wont stand for.

Nobody, I said, nobody, including the USA, have accuse or condemn other of torturing people under war, if torture saves life, then it would be a right way to goes, even if this is immoral. And nobody would say a damn thing on government level. But if you are trying to say at NGO level, then, well, they have an opinion almost to everything, and they would criticize almost everyone, US included.

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors.[118] At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again... I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death."[38] In 2007, Senator John McCain claimed that the United States hanged Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American prisoners of war.[10][119]

What President Obama has said is correct in my view.

You are entitled to your views, and I have no problem with that. My view is that this report represents an open admission of past mistakes that will not be repeated, given that USA has resolved not to be attacked again like it was on 9/11.
lol of course they will be repeated, you're crazy if you think they won't.

This CIA torture was the US avenging 9/11. This and Abu ghraib and more. And it's not the first time the US has done that.

Japan is a living proof of this revenge. And Japanese internment camps of the Japanese - Americans.

US would do it again and again. Anytime there is an attack on the US soil, like the pearl harbor and 9/11, there will be a vengeful payback, utterly disregarding casualty on human life.

I think even this torture leak is a message to the world and those who seek a confrontation with America. The Muslim world and the Chinese, the North Koreans and the Russian. This a message to them, 'know what we are capable of, before you try to mess with us.'

lol of course they will be repeated, you're crazy if you think they won't.

This CIA torture was the US avenging 9/11. This and Abu ghraib and more. And it's not the first time the US has done that.

Japan is a living proof of this revenge. And Japanese internment camps of the Japanese - Americans.

US would do it again and again. Anytime there is an attack on the US soil, like the pearl harbor and 9/11, there will be a vengeful payback, utterly disregarding casualty on human life.

I think even this torture leak is a message to the world and those who seek a confrontation with America. The Muslim world and the Chinese, the North Koreans and the Russian. This a message to them, 'know what we are capable of, before you try to mess with us.'

You are entitled to your views, of course. I do not agree, however.

American State will never learn. Free people around the world, just hate them more everyday.

Those who caused the 9/11 deaths are being brought to justice, only a few like Al-Zwahiri remaining. Most of them have been killed or apprehended.
So you guys still hurting over 9/11...grow up and stop blaming 9/11 for everything. I am pretty sure that more Americans are killed in vending machine related incidents than were killed in 9/11. What the hell kind of system are you guys running that 13 years later and millions of innocents dead all around the world and you are still looking for justice for a mere 3000 who were allegedly killed by a handful of terrorists. What if one day the Muslims decide that time has come for badal and qisaas. By american standards not only will all of North America have to perish but Europe too.

So you guys still hurting over 9/11...grow up and stop blaming 9/11 for everything. I am pretty sure that more Americans are killed in vending machine related incidents than were killed in 9/11. What the hell kind of system are you guys running that 13 years later and millions of innocents dead all around the world and you are still looking for justice for a mere 3000 who were allegedly killed by a handful of terrorists. What if one day the Muslims decide that time has come for badal and qisaas. By american standards not only will all of North America have to perish but Europe too.

The 9/11 attacks were a watershed moment in US history, and will never be forgotten even after justice has been served to the perpetrators.

The 9/11 attacks were a watershed moment in US history, and will never be forgotten even after justice has been served to the perpetrators.
so America will continue to be a lying deceitful country hell bent on ruining other peoples lives for some reason. Explain to me the plot in most Hollywood movies where the hero loses a family member to a mad villain and kills everyone related to them.. When u take someone innocent and torture them and let the torturers go free then u create hatred towards ur self and your country... I bet a few movies have been about wronged heros -.- i can not believe u even believe what you say half the time

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors.[118] At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again... I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death."[38] In 2007, Senator John McCain claimed that the United States hanged Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American prisoners of war.[10][119]

dude, as I said "IF TORTURE SAVES LIFE", here are what I said originally.

So, let me ask you this, what kind of life Japanese Save by torturing Nielsen? You need to understand, there are torture for something, and there are torture for nothing. What kind of info that the Japanese can extract from Nielsen to save live? He is a down B-25 crew, at best he can tell them the layout of a B-25. When you torture POW for no reason, that's another story.

I remember there is a Court Martial on a VC colonel in South Vietnam about torturing and executing US and ARVN POW in war, in the end, he was let go and spare death sentence because he simply asked the prosecutor "If your unit is under enemy attacks, how far would you go to get your unit to safe land?"

And what are you guys 'hurting' over that you continues to blame the Joos for all the ills in the world ?

Nothing can justify to torture another human being, torture same as ISIS beheaded the captive American journalist. Both inhuman treatment of another human being.

American State will never learn. Free people around the world, just hate them more everyday.
:lol:

Already around the world, analysts, the kind that observes people for a living, noted that people are pretty blase about what the CIA did.

People, including the free Europeans, do NOT expect the US to resort to these 'enhanced interrogation techniques' (EIT), aka torture, but surprise -- they are NOT surprise that the CIA did used EIT. The reporters who made these observations spoke with proper English accent, that mean what they said must be serious. :lol:

But seriously...The reason why people all over the world, except the few vocal ones like the ones on this forum, are indifferent about what the CIA did because they understood, usually from suffering under their own oppressive governments, that countries will do whatever necessary in order to protect their countries. Abu Ghraib did not premonition anyone. For these people: 'If anything worse came out of Abu Ghraib, so what ? Give us a visa to the US anyway.'

They know the difference between a government that tortures for pleasure, like Saddam Hussein, and one that had to resort to 'enhanced interrogation techniques' to protect itself against an enemy that recognizes no ethics in warfare. They perceives that if the Americans had to resort to wordplay like 'EIT' to avoid the more brutal 'torture' means that such activities are not the norm in America, unlike their own countries.

Nothing can justify to torture another human being, torture same as ISIS beheaded the captive American journalist. Both inhuman treatment of another human being.
Make it personal. If a member of your family is under immediate harm, YOU would approve torture. Get off your high horse.

so America will continue to be a lying deceitful country hell bent on ruining other peoples lives for some reason. Explain to me the plot in most Hollywood movies where the hero loses a family member to a mad villain and kills everyone related to them.. When u take someone innocent and torture them and let the torturers go free then u create hatred towards ur self and your country... I bet a few movies have been about wronged heros -.- i can not believe u even believe what you say half the time

America will continue to be a country that works harder and better in the present for a better tomorrow, as it rightfully should, that is all.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom