What's new

Recount ordered in NA-125

Jango

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday ordered the recounting of and verification of thumb impressions on votes polled in two National Assembly and seven Punjab Assembly seats.After allegations of rigging on PP-39 (Khushab-I), PP-43 (Mianwali-I), PP-205 (Multan-XII), PP-9 (Rawalpindi-IX), PP-257 (Muzaffargarh-VII), PP-155 (Lahore-XIX) and PP-156 (Lahore-XX) as well as two National Assembly seats, including NA-125 (Lahore-VIII), the commission ordered the recounting and thumb impressions’ verification.It is pertinent to note that activists of the Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) had alleged rigging during the election for NA-125 and had staged a sit-in to register their protest over the result from the said constituency.Earlier, Khawaja Saad Rafique of the Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) was said to have won from the seat securing over 120,000 votes and defeating PTI’s Hamid Khan (83,000). After which, Khan had requested the ECP for a vote recount on NA-125, which the commission had reportedly rejected at the time.

Recount, thumb impression verification ordered on two NA, seven PA seats | DAWN.COM

They are saying recounting with thump verification. When is the recount?.......agar jeet ga to will be a big blow to all those claiming moral high standards. Fingers crossed

They are saying recounting with thump verification. When is the recount?.......agar jeet ga to will be a big blow to all those claiming moral high standards. Fingers crossed

If Hamid Khan does somehow win or the fake votes are proved to be in a good amount, then I would be led to believe that PML's mandate is 50% fake.

i have a question. which i fail to understand why are we doing these recountings? will this change the results & PML N lose government?

if not then why? why not move forward fix KPK? yes we are disappointed! me specially about the various seats lost in karachi but let's move forward and hope for the better! we can't just stay stuck on 11th may! we must march on to a better KPK!

PTI is not a small one day thing! it is a foundation block for a bigger and powerful & prosperous Pakistan in the long run!

i have a question. which i fail to understand why are we doing these recountings? will this change the results & PML N lose government?

if not then why? why not move forward fix KPK? yes we are disappointed! me specially about the various seats lost in karachi but let's move forward and hope for the better! we can't just stay stuck on 11th may! we must march on to a better KPK!

PTI is not a small one day thing! it is a foundation block for a bigger and powerful & prosperous Pakistan in the long run!

It isn't about winning or losing or forming government or something, it is about principle and justice.

What if in the next elections, things are head to head and rigging is done then? There will be an outroar.

So better to expose everything now rather than 5 years later.

If Hamid Khan does somehow win or the fake votes are proved to be in a good amount, then I would be led to believe that PML's mandate is 50% fake.

If elections would have taken in fairer manner, the results would had been very very different. Rigging on such massive scale happened in a place like lahore, imagine what would be the case in southern punjab and other rural areas. ECP, Judicary, they are all complaisant in this and the worst part is army is well aware of this yet they choose to remain silent.

Fake voter books can be added. its all manual !!

why has the decision come so late? They better verify votes otherwise there won't be any change in results.

It isn't about winning or losing or forming government or something, it is about principle and justice.

What if in the next elections, things are head to head and rigging is done then? There will be an outroar.

So better to expose everything now rather than 5 years later.

and what if 5 years later PTI fails to do anything worthy of notice in KPK!? i personally feel these distractions should be removed and concentrate on KPK workings!

what i am worried about is when PTI if it wins next election will other parties accept their defeat?

THIS SYSTEM can only end one way if leader of the opposition (Imran Khan) asks for an automated computerised election process! this is a MUST! you can never ever win elections if we don't fight for this! as long as paper ballot box voting is their you can never gurantee 100% free & fair elections!

And if it did not happen then?

and what if 5 years later PTI fails to do anything worthy of notice in KPK!? i personally feel these distractions should be removed and concentrate on KPK workings!

what i am worried about is when PTI if it wins next election will other parties accept their defeat?

THIS SYSTEM can only end one way if leader of the opposition (Imran Khan) asks for an automated computerised election process! this is a MUST! you can never ever win elections if we don't fight for this! as long as paper ballot box voting is their you can never gurantee 100% free & fair elections!
US has welcomed IK in with a drone attack. Talibs have increased their activities, KPK is a crown of thrones.

And if it did not happen then?

US has welcomed IK in with a drone attack. Talibs have increased their activities, KPK is a crown of thrones.

well this is what he MUST work on! hence i say forget rigging nonsense! work towards improving the voting system in pakistan

& mostly work on KPK!!! time to fix all the problems of KPK Imran promised he would now the KPK people gave him their allegiences!

crown of thornes or not he asked for it. if he had WON and become the Prime Minister he would have had to wear this crown anyways!

well this is what he MUST work on! hence i say forget rigging nonsense! work towards improving the voting system in pakistan

& mostly work on KPK!!! time to fix all the problems of KPK Imran promised he would now the KPK people gave him their allegiences!

crown of thornes or not he asked for it. if he had WON and become the Prime Minister he would have had to wear this crown anyways!
KPK has given PTI a one point mandate, ensure peace. Just aside the bara in Peshawar, Lashkar-e-Islam operates with impunity. TTP is not the sole root of problem. The lawlessness and inseparability of FATA from KPK makes KP vulnerable to volatility. And if Peace is not ensured, we can kiss goodbye to all the development agenda.
On topic the estimated cost of verification would be 4.29 Million PKR (429485*10) or at least 1.2 Million if only KSR's votes are recounted. But it appears that ECP has order the whole recount.whose gonna pay it Hamid Khan or will it be paid from PTI's own fund?

Back
Top Bottom