What's new

Recent Urban development in Bangladesh

City planners, Agency chiefs and Urban life experts meet in Dhaka to discuss way forward.

This thread posts represent development in less than 10 Sq km of Dhaka which is used by business and inhabited by rich (mostly ill gotten rich). Urban development of Dhaka or Bangladesh can NOT be defined by just post about tiny part of affluent Dhaka only. Thread title is quire misleading and misrepresentation of real urban scene in Bangladesh.

An interesting find on Google maps street view, It seems the third (and the shortest) building of the trio under the much anticipated Shanta Pinnacle project has already been completed long ago.

Although the Eastern most building from my perspective, It's ironically dubbed the 'Western Tower', either way looks good.

65462842_2434363993450108_4228304429993951232_o~2.jpg

Screenshot_20200817-123909.png

Screenshot_20200817-123917.png

Screenshot_20200817-123924.png

@Bilal9 knowing you, this may interest you :)

Do you think it's a part of a prior project now merged with the Pinnacle project ? Seems like it's been there for a while.

That or the project is being completed building by building.

They did a good job of realising the Design into reality, I have high hopes that the 'forum' and 'pinnacle' will turn out just as nice.

Btw here's something you can post in this thread - https://baydevelopments.com/our-projects/bays-seleste-gulshan/

Else I'll do it when I have time.

Last edited:
An interesting find on Google maps street view, It seems the third (and the shortest) building of the trio under the much anticipated Shanta Pinnacle project has already been completed long ago.

Although the Eastern most building from my perspective, It's ironically dubbed the 'Western Tower', either way looks good.

View attachment 661591

View attachment 661592
View attachment 661593
View attachment 661594

Do you think it's a part of a prior project now merged with the Pinnacle project ? Seems like it's been there for a while.

That or the project is being completed building by building.

They did a good job of realising the Design into reality, I have high hopes that the 'forum' and 'pinnacle' will turn out just as nice.

Btw here's something you can post in this thread - https://baydevelopments.com/our-projects/bays-seleste-gulshan/

Else I'll do it when I have time.

Yup good finds!

Here's the video for Seleste,

Both 'Pinnacle' and 'Forum' are listed as ongoing but I believe Shanta is promoting them in separate commercial property categories (although there are design similarities as far as architecture).

Shanta-Pinnacle.jpg

Looking at some of the older renders of 'Forum', it does not even mention 'Pinnacle'. It is pretty clear that they are promoting these two projects separately on their own merits, 'Pinnacle' as a prestige super-premium 40 story midi-skyscraper address with high speed lifts and 'Forum' as a 25 story twin tower luxury mid-rise. They may have an underground walkway to connect these properties though.

1562041002yoXE0.jpg

1597639788iPlZk.jpg

The intent of both Shanta and Bay as top grade commercial real estate developers is nothing less than to upgrade the run-down Tejgaon industrial area into a vibrant new commercial hub. a la the London Docklands or other such urban revival stories.

https://ibtbd.net/upscaling-the-industrial-district/

Once all the RMG factories are relocated to SEZ's outside Dhaka, there will be plenty of empty canvas to play with in Tejgaon IA. It is an exciting time to be alive in Dhaka as architectural observers.

12:00 AM, August 18, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, August 18, 2020
LS EDITOR’S NOTE
A Night at the InterContinental

inter-continental1.jpg

RBR

So, all the painting, gardening, cooking, baking and other verbs ending in 'ings' that we did to keep ourselves happy and occupied during this lockdown have run dry. We are just tired of inventing ideas and taking up new hobbies to keep a check on our sanity; at least it holds true for me.
I took long drives, went as far as Zinda Park to see the lotus and water lily in bloom, drove to Singair to buy fresh vegetables from a village market, crossed Bilertek bridge to visit Tanvir Ahmed's exotic nursery and collect a sapling of the ever elusive Agnishikha, my favourite lily. I did a lot of crazy things in order to be joyful and entertained during this lockdown.
inter-continental2.jpg

Then, I took it a notch up and decided to stay the night at the InterContinental Dhaka to finally make use of that coupon gathering dust in my wallet.
My first brush with a five-star hotel is the brown bread from the Hotel InterContinental of old, of the assorted bakery goodies my father would bring from the hotel while returning from his office conferences held at the venue. And the memory of the soft moist chicken sandwich made with it for my school tiffin the next day is still intact.

The InterContinental Hotel at that time was the set for many important histories associated with our glorious War of Liberation, and has always held a special place in the mind of the people of Dhaka. I still remember passing it on the way to Sakura Market with my mother; I was and am still in awe with the architecture of the grand hotel and its luxurious interiors.

The hotel re-opened with gusto recently, and kept us enthralled with its brilliant services and activities. I, for one, loved their creative buffet dinner spreads of exquisite dishes and desserts, their artsy deli and tea bar called Café Social has the best pizza and fruit tart in town. The London Cheese cake from their bakery is a soft mascarpone delight that melts in your mouth, leaving you grasping for a second spoon. Their gorgeous azure swimming pool is the perfect setting for the restaurant's Aqua Deck. The tangy sips of whatever masterfully crafted drink you ordered are complimented by the crunchy potato wedges dipped in mayonnaise and Dijon mustard; indeed, a luxurious way to spend the breezy mid-August evenings.
inter-continental3.jpg

inter-continental4.jpg

The deck's special beef burger is a must-have; the juicy minced patty in the soft bun is a marriage made in heaven, the Caprese Sandwich in Focaccia bread generously smeared in melted mozzarella, with a hint of pesto is a definite winner, and if you complement it with their cream of mushroom soup, you are bound to reach a food coma.

InterContinental Dhaka's food has indeed been excellent, though, due to COVID-19, many of their facilities have been scaled down, yet their services remain world class. My suite had the most spacious bathroom overlooking the Ramna greenery.

Soaking myself in a bubble bath, listening to soft jazz and enjoying the sundown from the wide glass window was indeed a dreamy way to unwind. I made memories at the InterContinental Dhaka and would love to go back when the new normal becomes more regular for us.

I would be doing all sort of activities to keep myself engaged during these trying times, but never compromising with safety measures.
Remember, it is important to keep yourself happy.

All Major thoroughfares in Dhaka to get U-loops to ensure good flow of traffic.

He is a British citizen of Bangladeshi descent.

From what he's told me, he's only been to Bangladesh thrice so it's no surprise he's a little confused.

Dhaka is massive, did I tell you I avoid Dhaka like the plague ?

I'm forced to visit at times for legal paperwork, I fall sick everytime, I think the problem is in my head, I'm fine when in Chittagong but when I fly to Dhaka, I overthink about mosquitos, muggers, hostile people and then before I know it I'm feeling nauseous and sick.

Dhaka makes me sick.

More to do with paranoia than anything else I suppose.

That's the big city life.

New Project in the Dhaka Commercial Property scene...

Ventura Milestone, Tejgaon-Gulshan Link Rd, 22 storied office building with underground parking

screen-shot-2020-08-28-at-7-21-48-am-png.451655

Ventura Bangladesh is a very innovative developer in both the local residential multi-family as well as commercial property scenes. Their newer designs give top echelon Bangladeshi developers like Shanta a run for their money. Some samplers of ongoing projects as well as completed ones, as there are too many modern ones to list.

Ongoing

Ventura Artista at Dhanmondi
1578822397gTzio.jpg

Ventura North Star at Gulshan
15416580994mIn6.jpg

1541658099Ufs2Y.jpg

Ventura Agnibeena at Banani
1542612928nkluF.jpg

Ventura Mall at Gulshan
1564914434o8zR4.jpg

Completed

Ventura Aventine at Lalmatia
1545888654dVwzX.jpg
154588865417B2N.jpg

Ventura Aria at Banani DOHS
1579087751FugIt.jpg

1579087751jIPJB.jpg

1579087677eVp40.jpg

Suvastu Skyline Avenue, Gulshan-2

32 storied office tower with double-height entry, rooftop helipad, 6 levels of underground parking.

016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom