What's new

Recent Sino-Indian border conflict

WS-2 is precision-guided weapon too.

So is Pinaka and smerch MBRL but military doesnt go like you say . I doubt if MBRL will be used in doka la they are area attack ... and we are fighting for La here ... friendly casualties will be high if any side chooses to use such weapons .

Do you even know what the positioning of PLA and IA is on that junction?

This isn't some plain grassland where people are standing hand in hand.

Please familiarise yourself with the region before talking about it as if you are playing Command & Conquer.

Please familiarise yourself with the region before talking about it as if you are playing Command & Conquer.
I just know the shortest distance between our border to New Delhi is less than 400 kilometers, just in the range of enhanced version of WS-2. Theoretically we can use those cheaper weapon to destory your plant, road, ariport etc. We have more than sufficient stock to do that .
Why should we limit it only in Doklam?

So is Pinaka and smerch MBRL but military doesnt go like you say . I doubt if MBRL will be used in doka la they are area attack ... and we are fighting for La here ... friendly casualties will be high if any side chooses to use such weapons .

据7月19日的央视军事报道,解放军西藏军区某直属炮兵团的远程火箭炮实现了上百公里射程的远程精确打击。通过新闻画面看到,西藏军区某炮兵团的两个火箭炮连,先是远程机动400公里,然后占领海拔4500米的发射阵地,在18分钟内完成从队形展开,对一百多公里外的目标进行了一次齐射,展示了PHL-03式火箭炮的强大性能。火箭弹飞行上百公里后准确地命中了直径30米的靶心

Please translate it by google for youself. 100 kilometer, in the precise of meters. it will destory the right target.
I think you India don't understand the horriable Chinese weapon.
u=4143628440,2662013584&fm=173&s=5C9E8755EDCB636642A3ACD80300D0BB&w=600&h=400&img.JPEG

u=3950204400,2273383629&fm=173&s=59B389555E8A076206B9AD2F0300E050&w=600&h=230&img.JPEG

I just know the shortest distance between our border to New Delhi is less than 400 kilometers, just in the range of enhanced version of WS-2. Theoretically we can use those cheaper weapon to destory your plant, road, ariport etc. We have more than sufficient stock to do that .
Why should we limit it only in Doklam?

据7月19日的央视军事报道,解放军西藏军区某直属炮兵团的远程火箭炮实现了上百公里射程的远程精确打击。通过新闻画面看到,西藏军区某炮兵团的两个火箭炮连,先是远程机动400公里,然后占领海拔4500米的发射阵地,在18分钟内完成从队形展开,对一百多公里外的目标进行了一次齐射,展示了PHL-03式火箭炮的强大性能。火箭弹飞行上百公里后准确地命中了直径30米的靶心

Please translate it by google for youself. 100 kilometer, in the precise of 10 meters. it will destory the right target.
I think you India don't understand the horriable of Chinese weapon.
u=4143628440,2662013584&fm=173&s=5C9E8755EDCB636642A3ACD80300D0BB&w=600&h=400&img.JPEG

u=3950204400,2273383629&fm=173&s=59B389555E8A076206B9AD2F0300E050&w=600&h=230&img.JPEG

La actually refer to Point .. good luck . I m not going into dis ... PLA are professionals . So i tried now wait for der official response on Indian movement .

PLA has to retreat with Indian holding more good position in area in and around the war zone ... today or tomorrow they will retreat being publicity on the situtaion using word withdrawal will be wrong .

La actually refer to Point .. good luck . I m not going into dis ... PLA are professionals . So i tried now wait for der official response on Indian movement .
PLA has to retreat with Indian holding more good position in area in and around the war zone ... today or tomorrow they will retreat being publicity on the situtaion using word withdrawal will be wrong .
If the news proves to be true, we also wonder what shoud India do next. Under that premise, India is only with himself, and hand over the destiny to China. Maybe it's the good chance for India to end this meanless stand-off. Hope you India has a wise government.

Oi! I know about the situation there as I am an Indian reading news from our open sources of media and not from a censored Chinese mouthpiece. :mad:
That's why I said it's a disputed territory and not supporting Chinese claims over it.

I think you've forgotten me ever since i have changed my username.:(

Too late India 33 Corps is taking its positions on Indo China Border meanwhile we are talking here and artillery units are already placed at strategic heights has barrels turn towards Chinese Position all your locations are marked and on target let the first bullet fire and PLA will be rosted .

The guns are dominating your positions in and around chumbi valley even leave aside doka la ... if bullet is fired you will end loosing valley even .
Court death

If the news proves to be true, we also wonder what shoud India do next. Under that premise, India is only with himself, and hand over the destiny to China. Maybe it's the good chance for India to end this meanless stand-off. Hope you India has a wise government.

If PLA withdraw we have no interest in staying in Bhutanese territory for long .

As far as i know China doesnt have any diplomatic relation with Bhutan ... the news source is probably same as Indian soldier strength decrease to 40 ..!!!

Since 50 days, India and China have been in a face-off in the Doklam area of the Sikkim sector after Indian troops stopped the Chinese Army from illegally constructing a road in the disputed area.
All India | NDTV News Desk | Updated: August 09, 2017 15:50 IST

xi-jinping-chinese-army-afp_650x400_81501391338.jpg

Xi Jinping had said that the Chinese army is capable of defeating all invading enemies. (File)

New Delhi:
Highlights
  1. On Sikkim stand-off, new strong statement from Chinese official
  2. What if we were to enter Kalapani or Kashmir, asks Beijing official
  3. We "have the determination," says official on possible military clash
The countdown to a military conflict between India and China has begun, a Chinese daily claimed today, while a senior government official in Beijing baited India by suggesting Delhi's actions could be matched by Chinese soldiers entering Uttarakhand or Kashmir.

In Parliament, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley underscored that the armed forces are strong enough to meet any challenge to the country's security and underlined that lessons have been learnt from the 1962 war with China. "I agree that some challenges are still there. Some people are targeting our country's sovereignty and integrity. But I am fully confident that our brave soldiers have capability to keep our country secure, may it be challenges on the eastern border or the western border," he said.

His comments came on a day when a senior official in China made aggressive remarks about the possibility of the escalation of the dispute at Sikkim which began in the middle of June.

Beijing refers to the area that is simmering with tension as Donglang and claims it is Chinese territory. Bhutan and India say the region is part of the tiny Himalayan kingdom and that Indian soldiers moved to prevent the Chinese army from constructing a road there because it violates the status quo on the highly sensitive area which is located at the tri-junction of India, China and Bhutan.

India has proposed that both countries call back their soldiers, but Beijing has refused, stating that India has "illegally transgressed" the border at Sikkim and is therefore he only party obliged to withdraw its troops.

"Even if there is only one Indian soldier, even for a day it is still a violation of our sovereignty and territorial integrity," claimed Wang Wenli, a top official with China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Ms Wang was briefing an Indian media delegation. "It is impossible to have a dialogue with India at this time. Our people will think our government is incompetent," she said.

"We think it is not doable for the Indian side to use tri-junction as an excuse," she alleged."The Indian side has many tri-junctions. What if we use the same excuse and enter the Kalapani region between China, India and Nepal, or even into the Kashmir region between India and Pakistan?" she dared.

Asked whether China was getting ready for a war with India, Ms Wang said, "I can only say that for the PLA (People's Liberation Army) and for the Chinese government, we have the determination. So, if the Indian side decides to go down the wrong path or still have illusions about this incident, then we have the right to use any act that is in line with the international law to protect our rights."

Both India and China have said that diplomatic channels are being used to resolve the conflict.

An editorial in the state-run China Daily today warned India that the "clock is ticking away" and "India will only have itself to blame" if it does not withdraw its soldiers from the Doklam plateau which has hosted a military confrontation between the two countries since the middle of June. "As the standoff ... enters its seventh week, the window for a peaceful solution is closing," said the China daily.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/chinese-media-says-countdown-to-clash-with-india-has-begun-1735443

Oi! I know about the situation there as I am an Indian reading news from our open sources of media and not from a censored Chinese mouthpiece. :mad:
That's why I said it's a disputed territory and not supporting Chinese claims over it.

I think you've forgotten me ever since i have changed my username.:(

Technically it is not even a disputed territory.

Ever wondered why these 'disputes' have suddenly started rising with every damn country that surrounds China ever since the CCP announced an overhaul in PLA's re-organisation and re-armament? Where were these ten thousand, million zillion year old maps all these years?

The answer is, all these years, the PLA and CCP were building capacities in their armed forces so that they could gradually dispute, re-iterate and make the world acknowledge that the territories are in dispute.

China's strategy is simple:

1- As they don't have opposition, they can easily take all their sweet time to 'negotiate'.
2- Without opposition to anything, rapidly build military capabilities
3- Start raising disputes when capabilities reach a certain level
4- Annex through psywar or through commercial/loan strategy.

Their greatest desire is to access the IOR region either through territorial accession or through loan-based dependence. Sri Lanka is realising the scale of trouble it is already in, meanwhile Bangladesh and Pakistan are still yet to understand the great game that is being played with them. Bangladesh has a relatively strong economy and therefore has little to worry about, meanwhile Pakistan is almost completely falling under the CCP dominance in a matter of years.

Territorial annexation is an old world concept but it is still continuing.

And with further military consolidation of the PLA, PLAN and PLAAF, this will become more adamant. China is a permanent member of the UNSC and that is a big thing for smaller countries, even if it means squat to us. This means that US won't dare to intervene, Russians will stay neutral and the British and French are practically useless in this regard.

This gives CCP tremendous military bargaining power against small countries.

We need to be prepared for a stiff confrontation and if we stand up, it will give tremendous motivation to others.

As such the 17th Mountain Division here has already been mobilised along with other mountain warfare units, artillery and weapons.

Last edited:
Technically it is not even a disputed territory.

Ever wondered why these 'disputes' have suddenly started rising with every damn country that surrounds China ever since the CCP announced an overhaul in PLA's re-organisation and re-armament? Where were these ten thousand, million zillion year old maps all these years?

The answer is, all these years, the PLA and CCP were building capacities in their armed forces so that they could gradually dispute, re-iterate and make the world acknowledge that the territories are in dispute.

China's strategy is simple:

1- As they don't have opposition, they can easily take all their sweet time to 'negotiate'.
2- Without opposition to anything, rapidly build military capabilities
3- Start raising disputes when capabilities reach a certain level
4- Annex through psywar or through commercial/loan strategy.

Their greatest desire is to access the IOR region either through territorial accession or through loan-based dependence. Sri Lanka is realising the scale of trouble it is already in, meanwhile Bangladesh and Pakistan are still yet to understand the great game that is being played with them. Bangladesh has a relatively strong economy and therefore has little to worry about, meanwhile Pakistan is almost completely falling under the CCP dominance in a matter of years.

Territorial annexation is an old world concept but it is still continuing.

And with further military consolidation of the PLA, PLAN and PLAAF, this will become more adamant. China is a permanent member of the UNSC and that is a big thing for smaller countries, even if it means squat to us. This means that US won't dare to intervene, Russians will stay neutral and the British and French are practically useless in this regard.

This gives CCP tremendous military bargaining power against small countries.

We need to be prepared for a stiff confrontation and if we stand up, it will give tremendous motivation to others.

As such the 17th Mountain Division here has already been mobilised along with other mountain warfare units, artillery and weapons.
We all know what China is playing at but they are foolish enough to make enemies all around their borders. That is only going to create more trouble in the end. They will have to fight a war in their own territory in the east and the south, practically their only access to the sea.

We all know what China is playing at but they are foolish enough to make enemies all around their borders. That is only going to create more trouble in the end. They will have to fight a war in their own territory in the east and the south, practically their only access to the sea.

Not many on the east will act against China unless they start the war.

Japan will not initiate a war even under Abe, until US gives them the go-ahead. Also, their prime target will be North Korea.

US-ROK-Japan are just looking at an opportunity for China to start the Doklam conflict. As PLA gets busy here, a ROK-US allied force will invade North Korea with Japan providing maritime support.

If it comes to this, then US bases will be sitting right at China's borders.

While these two are 'frenemies', they won't hesitate to put each other down.

I wonder if CCP has even considered these scenarios before sabre rattling on a peaceful Sino-Bhutan-India border.

DPRK will be overrun very quickly as most of their soldiers are not sufficiently armed. Their vintage artillery may try to strike and cause as much damage to Seoul but that is the only bargaining chip they have.

The sea-based AEGIS system of Japanese navy can easily take care of any missile threats.

Technically, a full-blown conflict in the Korean peninsula will reunite Korea into a single entity under the democratic regime of Seoul; though at a heavy price.

Personally, I do hope to see a decisive conflict between ROK and DPRK where ROK finally gets their rightful country's part back. For too long, their country has been needlessly divided by a madcap family.

India’s diplomatic efforts to end a seven-week military standoff with China have hit a roadblock, people briefed on the talks said, prompting Chinese state-run media to trumpet rhetoric of “unavoidable countermeasures” on the unmarked border.

China has insisted that India unilaterally withdraw its troops from the remote Doklam plateau claimed by both Beijing and Indian ally Bhutan.

But China did not respond to India’s suggestion in the talks that it move its troops back 820 ft in return, said one source with close ties to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government.

In the low-key diplomatic manoeuvres that took place outside the public eye, the Chinese countered with an offer to move back 328 ft, so long as they received clearance from top government officials.

But there has been no comeback since, except for China’s mounting warnings of an escalation in the region, which it calls Donglang. “It is a logjam, there is no movement at all now,” said a second source with knowledge of the talks.

In Beijing, China’s Foreign Ministry, which has repeatedly urged India to withdraw, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the state of talks.

Indian troops went into Doklam in mid-June to stop a Chinese construction crew from extending a road India’s military says will bring China’s army too close for comfort in the northeast. Their faceoff since, military experts say, is the most serious since going toe-to-toe in the 1980s, with thousands of soldiers each, elsewhere along the 3,500-km border.

China has held off going to war in the hope New Delhi would see reason, the state-run Global Times, which has kept up a barrage of hostile commentary, said on Tuesday.

“If the Narendra Modi government continues ignoring the warning coming from a situation spiralling out of control, countermeasures from China will be unavoidable,” it said.

“There will be no happy ending for this confrontation,” Indian foreign policy expert C. Raja Mohan wrote in The Indian Express newspaper, adding that India was unlikely to give in.

The second source said the worry was the standoff could drag on into a summit of BRICs nations China is hosting next month.

Indian military officials say there is no troop buildup on either side, nearly two months into a standoff that involved about 300 soldiers just 328 ft apart on a plateau 10,000 ft above sea level.

China has accused India of massing troops, however, and state media have warned against a fate worse than its defeat in a brief border war in 1962.

Back
Top Bottom