What's new

Recent Sino-Indian border conflict

They may come to some agreement , but questions will be how it is possible when uncle SAM using India against China. This is Modi who is appointed as a regional policemen by uncle Sam in Indian ocean and allowing US to monitoring together all chinese trades in South China Sea , Indian ocean and Gulf ocean. Interesting Geo politics scenario are going to build up in future
US has no influence on foreign policy of India. We have our concerns on China, so we realigned our foreign policy with respect to China. US and India agree on few things such as the threat of China and disagree on few things like stopping relations with Russia and Iran.

They may come to some agreement , but questions will be how it is possible when uncle SAM using India against China. This is Modi who is appointed as a regional policemen by uncle Sam in Indian ocean and allowing US to monitoring together all chinese trades in South China Sea , Indian ocean and Gulf ocean. Interesting Geo politics scenario are going to build up in future
Could be a response to trump's tariffs. Resolving Indo-Sino border disputes would remove a lot of the leverage the US has over India.

If i am not wrong PRC tookAksai Chin in war while AP is with Bharat since start.
Pretty much. Although Chinese believe AP was a part of China that was stolen by the british.

Could be a response to trump's tariffs. Resolving Indo-Sino border disputes would remove a lot of the leverage the US has over India.

Pretty much. Although Chinese believe AP was a part of China that was stolen by the british.
While the US and India continue to call each other strategic partners – Pompeo called India a “great friend” during his India visit – there is a growing feeling in the Indian establishment that Indian interests might not be well-protected under Trump.
Modi bear hugger or Phd in cloud theory hinted at India’s concerns over protectionist policies under Trump when he hit out at unilateralism and trade protectionism, without naming the US, after having what he termed an “extremely fruitful” bilateral meeting with Xi, who was in the audience during this speech at the SCO summit this month.

The China watcher believes that it is this realisation that is driving India’s outreach to China. “India is now safeguarding its interests by embracing closer ties with China. What is crucial to underline is that India’s ties with China are purely economic, not geopolitical in nature.

Simple solution: India relinquishes its claim on Aksai Chin, and China relinquishes its claim on Arunachal Pradesh.

If it goes through then it can set precedent for a similar agreement for Pakistan-India Kashmir.

But with wording like "occupied" and "illegal," I don't think India is going into these talks with the objective attitude it should. So I have hard time thinking if anything will materialize.

But either way, yes, the simplest solution is to establish current LAC and LOC as International Border and be done with it, that's my opinion.
Another solution is a jointly-administered Kashmir with open borders but I feel that can cause controversy and is too ideal to really come alive.

If it goes through then it can set precedent for a similar agreement for Pakistan-India Kashmir.

But with wording like "occupied" and "illegal," I don't think India is going into these talks with the objective attitude it should. So I have hard time thinking if anything will materialize.

But either way, yes, the simplest solution is to establish current LAC and LOC as International Border and be done with it, that's my opinion.
Another solution is a jointly-administered Kashmir with open borders but I feel that can cause controversy and is too ideal to really come alive.

Agree. Pakistan India border issue is different. India politicians are not motivated to resolve it.

IMO, realistic scenario is control the conflicts, deescalation.

IMO, realistic scenario is control the conflicts, deescalation.

Every time peaceniks(on both sides) with similar opinion as yours do manage to make something tangible happen, there always is some incident or the other which sets the trust level plummeting and we're back to chest thumping and comparing our nuke sizes.

Every time peaceniks(on both sides) with similar opinion as yours do manage to make something tangible happen, there always is some incident or the other which sets the trust level plummeting and we're back to chest thumping and comparing our nuke sizes.

No offense, that's the nature of democracy side-effect. World War I and World War II are no accidents, those opportunists are thirsty and only war can satisfy them.

No offense, that's the nature of democracy side-effect. World War I and World War II are no accidents, those opportunists are thirsty and only war can satisfy them.
War is good for business

Thank god both sides have sensible heads at operational levels

Apart from the Tawang tract, there is nothing Tibetan about Arunachal. Arunachal has always been a part of our North East.

The Arunachal tribes fought with us to ward off the invasions in the past and if need be will do so again if someone casts an evil eye on our lands.

Oh, FYI, they speaked Assamese until the recent past, i don't find anything Chinese about the place.

"Always been" ?? when India itself was born in 1947. Is there a single "arunachal" tribe which bears the name "arunachal"..and what is "our north east" ? delusional hatefilled brahmin indian appropriating ancient tibetan, tribal cultures. A time will come when you lot will be rounded by "northeasterners" themselves are treated like dogs. The kashmris already got rid of their pandits.

Damn, aren't you a precious little snowflake! I am a northeasterner that you speak of and tell you what dimwit, when the barbaric Mughal hordes tried to invade the North East back in the day the people of my tribe aided by the Arunachali tribes decimated them. Not once, not twice, seventeen times, every freaking time. Time for your porridge gruel now.

You are NOT. you will never be. You are a brahmin - a scumbag who inserts in to nationality after nationality within Indian sub continent and leech on their resourcers. What is an "arunachali" tribe LOL.

China is a weak country, they are greedy and care only about money, they can sacrifice everything for money as this so-called "settlement" with India shows.

Back
Top Bottom