What's new

Re-organization of Chinar Division (theoretical)

Can someone please explain to me why 12 Div and FCNA aren't officially called Mountain Divs?

Are all the divs in X Corp trained and equipped for mountain warfare or just 12 and FCNA?
19th.

A better suggestion would have been to increase FCNA's size and also focus on GB scouts to bring them on par with FC standards
Sorry for reviving an old thread but this comment caught my attention the FCNA is being shackled to a defensive role when it should be brought on to the offensive role more or less by now. FCNA right now with a mere Division sized force is no use when taking into account our enemy's hardline force up-gradation measures inside the valley initiating from the early 2000s.

Yes, FCNA will be efficient for a defensive role but let's look beyond this poor thinking for once that too in a region where we have previously lost territory due to our "defensive" position. Especially when the terrain is largely in favour of the IA, it boggles my mind.

FCNA should be able to perform offensive roles on a greater scale. No matter the outcome the ability should be there.

The basic thing would be to upgrade the manpower and equipment of the FCNA and this should be given top priority.

@Sainthood 101 give this thread a read. Take your mind off the recent events. Behold the military grandeur.

Last edited:
We need fresh evaluation and analysis of situation regarding deployment, AoR, Technology, training, numbers, hierarchical command in AJK and G-B.

We need fresh evaluation and analysis of situation regarding deployment, AoR, Technology, training, numbers, hierarchical command in AJK and G-B.
Can you elaborate on your points as to why ?

Can you elaborate on your points as to why ?
First thing to discuss is what is the actual on ground position on LoC? Musharraf and FM Qasuri held a long negotiations with India and major result expected was the conversion of LoC to International border as claimed by FM Qasuri. So, in this regard what is the purpose of deployment on LoC other than to hold your status quo. Does deployment today serves a strategic puprose for an offense to liberate Kashmir or at least some important parts of Kashmir. Most discussion about deployment I read on pdf is about which unit being deployed in which sector and what India have on the other side making it a stalemate tit for tat position. Even in this tit for tat position out deployment seems to be reactive in nature and not proactively tactically threatening.

All the discussions here about Kashmir rest on one single tactical problem that Indians are at top and we need many men to dislodge them and then further more men to retain these position. No one is discussing any solutions to this decade long tactical problem. We have not yet devised or developed new weapons or modified existing weaponry to achieve this goal that could really made India think they are in a risky position.

AJK geography and climate is quite different from Neighboring Punjab and KP. Are there any new training programs being developed to make soldiers and officers accustomed to physical environment? I read that most deployment are just rotation of units at LoC. I heard mountain training is there since few years but is it enough or has it trained enough units to prepare them for any action other than on LoC.

If the position of FCNA becomes weak in the north, then a reserve brigade from 12th ID can be sent further north.
Do you think it will be practically feasible to timely redeploy whole brigade from Kashmir to AOR of FCNA during conflict, considering the current road network?

Do you think it will be practically feasible to timely redeploy whole brigade from Kashmir to AOR of FCNA during conflict, considering the current road network?
When 7th ID was used to plug gaps and act as reserve behind 12 ID, the acclimatised troops seem a better options

Back
Top Bottom