What's new

Raza Rumi fired at in Lahore, driver killed

M. Sarmad

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Attempted murder on our friend Raza Rumi. Secular and democratic intellectuals are under serious threat in Pakistan.

pakistan-razarumiattacked_3-28-2014_142779_l.jpg

LAHORE: Unknown gunmen on Friday opened fire on famous political commentator and journalist Raza Rumi’s car, killing his driver.

“Was fired at near Raja Market. My driver is wounded. I was dreading this day,” Raza Rumi posted this message on Twitter.

According to reports, the driver was injured in the armed attack and succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital.

Raza Rumi fired at in Lahore, driver killed - thenews.com.pk

Rest in Peace the departed. No wonder,Mr.Rumi has made too many enemies. May God protect him with all power.

He is a brave man . I also read from his and mine common friends on facebook he drove his driver and security guard to hospital on his own and he is a secular intellectual fighting against religious extremism . Driver is dead but security guard is still alive .

The animals that are religious nut job extremists have yet again tried to suppress one of the few sane voices in that country. Thankfully, they weren't successful, and may they never be. May his chauffeur RIP :(

Last edited:
"Agencies" can't be ruled out either, they are known for attacking journalists in Pakistan.

Kill the one who doesn't agree with you - this is the level of patience found in our society.

RIP to the driver, may God protect all Pakistanis!

And a bearded man should be killed today in Pakistan by liberals, randomly. There should be consequences. I recommend life for life.

Instead of advocating justice and finding the culprit(s), you're saying some random man should die simply because he has a beard? You do realise that sounds idiotic at best?

Yups. Imagine every time there is a random bomb blast, 100 innocent "liberal kafirs" die, and within a few hours we blow up a religious seminary with 100 potential brainwashed terrorist kids. Then we will be in equilibrium. It's simple actually, what don't you understand in what I'm proposing?

Btw, have you ever "tried" to use Pakistan judicial system? Go a try to file a complain against the people who attempted to murder Raza Rumi today, if the SHO even entertains you, it will be a first.

What I did learn from your post is that you are a bearded zealot, or someone at your home is. Hurts when such extreme measures are proposed against your own kind - doesn't it?

Instead of advocating justice and finding the culprit(s), you're saying some random man should die simply because he has a beard? You do realise that sounds idiotic at best?

Back
Top Bottom