What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time to recognize that the nation and people of Pakistan are on the front line, an integral part of the ongoing war on terrorism.

Recently a Pakistani Army Major General of Frontier Forces commended need for and helpfulness of drone strikes against the violent Taliban and al Qaida. A Pakistani General on the front lines knows more than some writers who loosely offer their entitled but all to often in my view misguided opinions.

Proactively constructive would be submissions here by those inside Pakistan, not from overseas, whose ideas on how to stop the induction of Pakistani youths into the bloody ranks of the Taliban and al Qaida could help. Consider focusing on the actual problem, terrorism masquerading in the guise of religion, and help your nation of Pakistan bring lawless terrorism to an effective end.

It is now impossible to support any American led war on Terrorism. It is now America's war and Pakistan's war, as two separate things. In fact the emphasis would now be to start kicking out USG personnel as persona non grata. This is too much power in the hands of Americans.

"At it's worst" American is still the best place in the world for people to have choices, freedom, including freedom of all religions, and a chance to earn a decent living and to get a decent education.

One's future in the US is limited only by one's willingness to study and work hard. We still have self made new millionaires every year but they don't get there without a good solid education, including in college or university.

The Governor of Louisiana, who is a Republican Presidential Primary contender for 2012 national US elections, is first generation born in the US Indian-American. He is a Christian so no issue of differences of other religions as we read of between Pakistan and India. Both nations have a Christian minority population.

Here is an article which should be of interest to young aspiring boys and girls, note I do include girls, as to what other Pakistanis have achieved and now given back to the US:

PABAStrategies for SuccessPakistan American Business AssociationHome » Success Stories List » A Pakistani American Story of Business Success and Community Service

A Pakistani American Story of Business Success and Community Service

TESTING THE “LAND OF OPPORTUNITY”
M. SIDDIQUE SHEIKH

I had yet to test my dream land, the United States, whether it would really prove to be a “land of Opportunity” for me when I stepped into its soil in 1969. As a fresh graduate of High school from Pakistan, my country of origin, my only asset was my determination to change my life for the better. As a teenager, like other immigrants, I, too, was a bit nervous and excited but my ambitions, let me admit, were limited to material pursuits.

One thing I knew from the beginning that whatever I will do for my living, finally I will settle down in business as being born in 1953 in District Gujranwala, Pakistan, in a business-oriented family, my destiny seemed to be written like that. My father, Sheikh Fazal Haq, was a well-known businessman of the area, who was named the “Businessman of the Year” and rewarded by then Prime Minister Bhutto in 1987.

I followed my brother, an accountant in the Embassy of Pakistan, in Washington, D.C. and conveniently found refuge in its metro area. After attending an automotive engineering school and seeking Virginia State automotive certification, I made up my mind to follow this line of business as my career. Having served in various technical capacities in different automobile companies and finally working as a Service Manager at Jerry’s Ford, I had enough “on-the-job training” so at this stage I switched over to my own business and found my first service station, the first of many successful enterprises that I established later on in the Washington D.C Metropolitan area. It included ownership of several retail service stations and various other franchise businesses. In addition, I held financial interests in insurance, hotels, real estate and banking companies.

Now when I look back at the past forty years of my struggles and achievements, after being considered a successful businessman and recognized as a leader in the business community in the Washington D.C Metropolitan Area, I bow my head to Almighty God in gratitude. At the same time, I feel obligated to the American free enterprising society which provided me “even ground” of equal opportunity, disregarding color, race and faith, for the “fair play” of my business ventures leading to my personal and professional economic and social advancements.

So having satisfied my material pursuits I mentioned in the beginning, I decided to “invest” my time, energy and money in two areas of education and community service. I felt Pakistani-American business community was less organized and integrated as compared to other communities, and, despite their talent, labor and investment, was not progressing as it should be. So in order to create a common platform for joint effort towards progress I founded a not-for-profit organization, Pakistan American Business Association, (PABA) in Virginia in 1986 and currently I am serving as its Chairman.

Whenever need arose in American society, calling for humanitarian assistance to fellow-citizens, I have never stayed behind as I strongly believe in networking through volunteering for good work. I can proudly quote the unfortunate tragedy of Katrina hurricane when I was able to organize fundraisers to help its victims through working with the Salvation Army. For my social work, I have never ignored Pakistan, my country of origin. I helped raise money for cancer patients of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital in Pakistan. I strongly believe our young generation will gain greater participation in the business world in this country, as well as leadership in the political spectrum by getting involved in volunteer work early in their careers.

I have always believed that education provides necessary basis to all kinds of progress and development. So I worked hard to provide support to a prestigious educational institution in my neighborhood like Virginia International University. I served on its Board of Trustees for several years and now in 2009 I have been elected as its Chairman.

For the same purpose, I founded Pakistan American University Group (PAU) to help coordinate opening campuses of American universities in Pakistan. First project under this Group is expected to be launched in 2010.

Today at the time of this writing when I relax and look through the window of my house at the serene beauty of surrounding landscape in the State of Virginia, I recall my distinguished guests who have frequently visited me. I feel honored in hosting political, community and business leaders including a candidate for the office of governor of Virginia. Community values matter more to me than party affiliation. For that reason I have opted for the middle of the road course and so my friendships are across party affiliation lines.

I am the proud father of three sweet daughters and one son, along with six grandchildren. I share my beautiful home with my extended family and have preserved family values and traditions by maintaining close family ties.

I love my motherland but I am equally proud to be an American. The Pakistani community in Virginia and elsewhere has contributed their talent and labor to the development of American nation having gone through the struggles and challenges of culture, religion and language. As a humble representative of this community, I urge them to continue their positive and constructive contribution to the American society and earn a respectable position they rightly deserve.

one RD was not given immunity he had a trial in PAK courts,

second a trial convicted him for having illegal arms,

atleast claims of clinton/obama/kerry are refuted, and the local law prevailed....

@ Imran
Mera khayal hai k sad khabar sun kar ap ko kuch ho gya hai , jo itni bhaki bhaki baatain kar rahey hai... Just kidding...

or mery khiyal se sad khaber sun ker mera dimagh wapas a gya hai is blind faith se. whats doing our forces ? we attacked daily killed daily . what agencyes doing? when RD type are hundreds here. for what nukes? sale them and give every provence his shear.

I don't get it. Why the hell these Pakistanis are proud of. What exactly they have that they are proud of. Like come on don't you Pakistanis have any shame left???

"At it's worst" American is still the best place in the world for people to have choices, freedom, including freedom of all religions, and a chance to earn a decent living and to get a decent education.

One's future in the US is limited only by one's willingness to study and work hard. We still have self made new millionaires every year but they don't get there without a good solid education, including in college or university.

The Governor of Louisiana, who is a Republican Presidential Primary contender for 2012 national US elections, is first generation born in the US Indian-American. He is a Christian so no issue of differences of other religions as we read of between Pakistan and India. Both nations have a Christian minority population.

The Governor was not a Christian.

He converted or else there was no chance to be a Governor.

America has great opportunities, but then one should not overdo the issue of Land of Opportunities.

There is no doubt that the US is a great and fantastic country, but then all countries have their plusses and minuses.

I don't get it. Why the hell these Pakistanis are proud of. What exactly they have that they are proud of. Like come on don't you Pakistanis have any shame left???

oh! davis not realease by pakistani people he was realese by goverment and army our politician have no shame

they have many things a big army which can be rent . nukes which can march pass on street and there is defence deals for them also so they can think they are strong. also they are number-1 in many things like corruption tarror killings drone attacks floods etc

It is time to recognize that the nation and people of Pakistan are on the front line, an integral part of the ongoing war on terrorism......

What planet are you people on?? Have you any freakin clue about what people around the world think of you?? Sure, poor people will always be around to take your free money but when you cannot even step out in the streets as a American, perhaps it's a clue of some sorts....

Anyway, enjoy your war, Pakistan is screwed, I'm convinced of this, it's rotten from the inside and it cannot deal with pressure from the outside.

atleast claims of clinton/obama/kerry are refuted, and the local law prevailed....

on top of everything behave yourself

oh! davis not realease by pakistani people he was realese by goverment and army our politician have no shame

Yeah whatever!!! But you should be ashamed of your nationality seriously. :)

Let us stop looking at this episode through the lens of national pride and considered it only as a case of two poor families being robbed of their sole bread winners and brought to the level of sheer desperation and now being compensated in a manner that will permit them to survive in a decent manner. Looked at it from that angle, it makes perfect sense. The only thing that perhaps does not make as much sense is the politics surrounding the episode. Surely Pakistan and the US, two old allies can sort out all the politics of the case in a time and manner of their own choosing. Why hold the innocent and destitute families a hostage to this politics? To them survival is more important than politics.

on top of everything behave yourself

And why should I behave myself and that too for some fail state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom