What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chums , One thing , Gairat Brigade is again active ... Keep on guys...

That is rather a lame escape route to select, if I may say so.

Something constructive would have been a salute to the intellect.

please keep your dirtyy indian politics away from my Pakistan.

That hardly behoves your moniker.

Actually, there is no comparison at all between Bhopal and this. Only a thorough troll like Jana will try to do an "equal equal" here. Let's look at the facts:

1. Bhopal was an industrial accident. Its not as if Americans came here and murdered people and went. It was a sad accident, and very likely caused by negligence, but it was after an accident.

2. Anderson was the CEO of the company. It is open to debate whether the CEO can be held criminally liable for accidents. The law varies in this aspect, and even in the same country, different precedents may be set at different times. The staff managing the plant, who were more likely to have been guilty of negligence were indeed arrested.

3. That was 1984. This is 2011. India of 1984 was a weak country with a non-existent economy, rife with internal problems. Comparing Pakistan of 2011 with India of 1984 is a typical troll-bait. Trust someone like Jana to come up with such a statement.

NO matter how much people like Jana try to troll and spin it, there is no comparison between Bhopal and Raymond Davis. Any such comparisons are mischievous tricks intended to troll and flame the thread away from the topic.

Come on indians you gave that guy back to USA without any thing we in the Pakistan of 2011 gave davis with having full court verdict.
USA was claiming immunity on all forums but we Pakistani proved that there was no immunity to him and USA took back him by giving XYZ amount after he was found guilty :) thats the difference

we Pakistani are only angry with out gov/army on the fact he was not just a killer he was dealing with terrorist too so they shouldn't handed over back.

so stay away with your indian trolls without knowing the ground reality.

Come on indians you gave that guy back to USA without any thing we in the Pakistan of 2011 gave davis with having full court verdict.
USA was claiming immunity on all forums but we Pakistani proved that there was no immunity to him and USA took back him by giving XYZ amount after he was found guilty :) thats the difference

we Pakistani are only angry with out gov/army on the fact he was not just a killer he was dealing with terrorist too so they shouldn't handed over back.

so stay away with your indian trolls without knowing the ground reality.

That maybe the case.

Where I am concerned and angry is that the US tricked its way out by using a valid law and the man is laughing his way winging back to the US as a free man!

Just not acceptable to anyone who feels justice must be done.

Can't have a murderer and psychopath like Davis running wild in the future!

Adding insult to injury, the US now claiming no blood money was paid!

If no blood money was paid, then how that his murderer get away?

By dadagiri?

The US is fooling all!

Nothing I'd like better, but your resident trolls keep bringing up Indian politics to try their best to achieve "equal equal" with India!!

NO need to drag this further. It was necessary to respond to people who were trying to somehow drag India into this.

You can carry on with your discussion.

I don't understand this.

The person you are referring was supporting the US and the person was castigating Asim for being enraged that this Davis got away.

The tune has changed?

True, the person bring India in, since India is this person's whipping boy to ooze out the frustration that is pent up in this person.

Ideal would be to ignore what the person states.

Sanity is most important.

It was necessary for pakistanis to reply to certain cow-dung eaters who were trying to do point scoring on our troubles.

now plz dont reply me coz i really dont like indians.

LOL, I'm going to reply, irrespective of whether you like Indians or not. :cheesy:

There are more Indians on PDF than Pakistanis, and we have all been watching this thread for 2 days. If we had wanted to gloat and poke fun at you, there are enough uncharitable and hurtful things that can be said about Pakistan at this juncture. Indian members, including myself, have shown remarkable empathy with you guys here.

Take this Bhopal-RD "equal equal" crap out of the discussion if you want Indians to stay away from this place.

That maybe the case.

Where I am concerned and angry is that the US tricked its way out by using a valid law and the man is laughing his way winging back to the US as a free man!

Just not acceptable to anyone who feels justice must be done.

Can't have a murderer and psychopath like Davis running wild in the future!

Adding insult to injury, the US now claiming no blood money was paid!

If no blood money was paid, then how that his murderer get away?

By dadagiri?

The US is fooling all!

Yes they are fooling all those nations like india who just want to follow them like WMD in iraq :)
the money is paid to the victim families as shown on most of the TV channels, Americans wont accept that they pay the money as TAX payers will ask losts of questions about immunity which Americans wont be able to answer...its just a simple political statement and without any grounds whatsoever.....as you obama himself asked for immunity for Davis now how can they say they paid the damn $$ to get their man back .....

i think no need any more trolls from indians...

We can discuss real matter in real mode or it is necessary start PAK-IND war in every thread?

We already has discussed over diyat Law effected in Davis case, is anybody here can tell me, did Shumaila family receive blood money or not?

According to document obtained by dawn news , Shumaila's family was paid diyat. The diyat was paid to police for Shumaila's family. You can search more on internet. Thanks

Yes they are fooling all those nations like india who just want to follow them like WMD in iraq :)
the money is paid to the victim families as shown on most of the TV channels, Americans wont accept that they pay the money as TAX payers will ask losts of questions about immunity which Americans wont be able to answer...its just a simple political statement and without any grounds whatsoever.....as you obama himself asked for immunity for Davis now how can they say they paid the damn $$ to get their man back .....

i think no need any more trolls from indians...

While they are fooling the world.

I daresay they are doing the same as what they are doing to Pakistan.

I hope that helps.

I am not prone to trolling, but unsubstantiated canards require a reply.

Davis and our national honour

Editorial
Published in The Express Tribune, March 19th, 2011.

After Raymond Davis was freed on the basis of blood money (diyat), sections of the media and the rightwing conservative elements in the country got yet another issue to rail about. Much of their outrage was centred on what they perceive to be the loss of ‘national honour’ and the metaphor that was most commonly used was of Pakistan selling itself to the Americans. Some processions were put in the field by the Jamaat-i-Islami and Imran Khan’s Tehreek-e-Insaf — though the JUI-F has been conspicuous by its absence. That mainstream political parties remained unmoved by the so-called loss of national honour was nullified by the performance of the media, which lost its cool as several TV hosts and anchors lunged for ratings in an effort to pander to the lowest common denominator.

The case of Raymond Davis was not discussed objectively. A national consensus on the way the case was handled was presumed and any difference of opinion over immunity was brushed aside. One tended to see the same people on several talk shows, which would lead some to believe that perhaps there is a dearth of analysts/’experts’ on television. Knowing that any anti-American upsurge could not be managed without ex-ISI boss Hamid Gul, every anchor tried to get him as a guest.

The anchors were angry under the misguided principle that views that they present should be in tune with those held by the general public. Points of law were made and established by non-expert guests and, in some cases, by the anchors themselves. Already, the stage had been set for an emotional mudbath: Channels and newspapers had decided that the way the police had changed tack on the framing of charges against Raymond Davis was not to be questioned and the same was the case with military involvement/influence in the whole matter. In fact, it took an emotional PML-N senior office-bearer to ask Imran Khan point-blank why he was maligning politicians and not mentioning the role played by the country’s most powerful institution — the military — without whose consent nothing of the sort could have happen.

Is there no available knowledge about the behaviour of states which could be used to differentiate between the conduct of the individual and that of the state, especially in the realm of international affairs where national sovereignty is always in doubt? Why should ‘honour’ take precedence over the ‘interest’ of the state? Why can’t one realise that acting emotionally in the past has harmed the state of Pakistan? Why should honour lead the way to self-destruction when wisdom points the way to survival and prosperity? Why cannot we learn this from, say, a traditional ally like China, which does not factor in ‘honour’ into its dealings with the rest of the world? From the loss of East Pakistan to the protest over the Kerry-Lugar Bill, one has seen how meaningless any reference to nationalism and ‘qaumi ghairat’ has been.

What was the use of pillorying all the important political entities of Pakistan when it came to diagnosing the mechanics of Raymond Davis’s acquittal? What pleasure did it give the media to hurl angry words at the PPP, the PML-N, the judiciary — including the Supreme Court of Pakistan — the ISI and the Pakistan Army as renegades who had ‘sold the nation cheap’?

How can ‘honour’ be the yardstick of conduct for a country? Nations/states that are really strong don’t feel the need to constantly prove that they are honourable. The truth is that states recognise as valid only their national interest and think of survival at all times. The opposite of honour is wisdom. Almost bankrupt with its politicians victimising one another at the cost of the economy, Pakistan needs to exercise restraint and act wisely rather than passionately. And if the politicians are without wisdom, should the media, too, politicise itself and join the chorus of destruction? The way the media has reacted to the release of Raymond Davis was not its finest hour and should lead to some introspection and, one hopes, correction.

anyone saying that it was ok and the family took the money and there's nothing to be worried or protest about I would like to say that kindly let me kill your family members, brothers, father or watever n then I will pay you same amount and you can forgive me and have a smile and say its all resolved ..

I posted earlier sumwhere on this forum too when so called RD was in the custody that its all a setup, this whole drama was staged from the day of shooting till his release and guys those 2 damn bastards named general kiyani and dg ISI ahmed shuja pasha they are pure american pupets and that is why they are setting at their positions and both of them got extensions on pressure of USA. we can only look ahead once we get rid of those 2 american bastards sitting at the most key positions of our national security and dumping and fooling all of our nation very well, kiyani is best at it ..

Everything that is happening in Pakistan is by the support and approval of those 2 american pupets before them, things were never that much worse just have a look at the events since both of them gets into positions, operation rah-rast, operation rah-nijaat, XE contractors coming into Pakistan at mass, getting homes, CIA, Raymond Davis .. may God protect us from both of those evil ones and give us sense to shoot them both and free our most key institute of our country ..

its a all sold old country to Americans we need a complete change in our armed forces and political leadership if we want a real freedom and want to survive with dignity and honor ..

Again same dignity & honour, how it could be in effect as desired if an individual thinking didn't change? A feeling, responsibility, analyze situation, non emotionalism, so you also will select government as you want. Everything in your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom