What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can read from the Vienna conventions posted above, those immunities do not extend to civil and administrative jurisdiction of the receiving state. Not for consular staff. Which I repeat, the USG has called him a consular staff, which I repeat is a non-diplomatic status

Wrong again. Consular, administrative and related staff are defined in as covered Diplomatic Immunity covered...someone there in Pakistan is arguing with established internation law and treaties to claim otherwise...but it simply ain't so.

Again, these are the type hocus pokus non logical and dishonest sayings that leave the world marveling at the lack of respect for Diplomatic Immunity which all nations otherwise observe worldwide.

Under the Vienna Convention, the only way a diplomat could be prosecuted for a crime is if his own state expressly waives the immunity. Yet, it could be charactericed as an irrelevant provision that would hardly be enforced regardless of how heinous the offence is. In the case of Raymond Davis, the US government has already raised the issue of diplomatic immunity. Assuming Raymond Davis is a diplomat, the demand is legal. Moreover, I cannot think of many states that would waive this immunity to enable prosecution of its diplomats in a foreign country.[/COLOR]

The Pakistani Foreign Office, ie, the Government of Pakistan, not its sub court system, is the liable decision marker to recognize diplomatic immunity, and that responsibility cannot be passed down to it's court system. You cannot try a case which the US government officially denies in aserting Diplomatic Immunity, not allowed under the Geneva Convention and assocaited Treaties.

Meanwhile the investigation of the now identified by Pakistani police two robbers who had a history as robberes is ongoing and will be used to clear the air, so to speak, ere long.

Two men point a guns at one man, threaten his life and ask for his money and see how friendly a reception you will get. Self defense is an automatic response by any of us. All the Pakistanis I knew when serving with the old US Embassy in Karachi were bravel souls and would never have let anyone rob them without a fight.

Last edited:
Iam very sad to hear that the US have no justice for humans ..they alwayz wanna follow the rule of "Might is right"
very very sad...indeed:cry::cry::cry:

The Best way to save Davis now is to buy some time so tht the issue loses some heat and the families might overcome the grief and perhaps also accept the compensations...!

As you can read from the Vienna conventions posted above, those immunities do not extend to civil and administrative jurisdiction of the receiving state. Not for consular staff. Which I repeat, the USG has called him a consular staff, which I repeat is a non-diplomatic status

Wrong again. Consular, administrative and related staff are defined in as covered Diplomatic Immunity covered...someone there in Pakistan is arguing with established internation law and treaties to claim otherwise...but it simply ain't so.

Again, these are the type hocus pokus non logical and dishonest sayings that leave the world marveling at the lack of respect for Diplomatic Immunity which all nations otherwise observe worldwide.

The Pakistani Foreign Office, ie, the Government of Pakistan, not its sub court system, is the liable decision marker to recognize diplomatic immunity, and that responsibility cannot be passed down to it's court system.
How can you not read the words "except from civil and administrative jurisdiction of the receiving state"

That means he gets no immunity.

It is sad to hear that ure guy is involved in killing of humans..If u dont mind and elaborate something pplz might want to know:confused:
Was he a diplomat or counsular or both ?
what kind of Passport he was holing?
and what visa he was having?
Does a diplomat have immunity for anything he do ..like killing anybody other than defence?
what ure human rights rules(justice) say if a diplomat kills anybody other than defence he still should be granted immunity from punishment?
I hope if he not guilty he be released...:cool:
but really pplz r shocked here that Americans(especially diplomats) can do this...:eek:

Not to mention that the FO Manual clearly states that the technical and administrative staff will not get immunity. Something that the USG was fully aware of at the time of sending its staff to Pakistan.

The Pakistani Foreign Office, ie, the Government of Pakistan, not its sub court system, is the liable decision marker to recognize diplomatic immunity, and that responsibility cannot be passed down to it's court system. You cannot try a case which the US government officially denies in aserting Diplomatic Immunity, not allowed under the Geneva Convention and assocaited Treaties.

Meanwhile the investigation of the now identified by Pakistani police two robbers who had a history as robberes is ongoing and will be used to clear the air, so to speak, ere long.

Two men point a guns at one man, threaten his life and ask for his money and see how friendly a reception you will get. Self defense is an automatic response by any of us. All the Pakistanis I knew when serving with the old US Embassy in Karachi were bravel souls and would never have let anyone rob them without a fight.
Again you said "diplomat" where as your government admitted he is non-diplomatic staff.

American Eagle sire, You have lost it completely. I suggest you to take some time off, have some beer, then come back and start making some sense! :lol:

I suggest you read this article by a Lahore lawyer who earned his law degree here in the USA.

Ascertaining Raymond Davis?s identity – The Express Tribune

You may have to copy and paste the above subject line to find this article on the Internet.

At issue is Mr. Davis having Diplomatic Immunity, which the US Ambassador and the US Department of State say he does under Article 31 of the Geneva Convention and associated International Treaties.

All else is then moot.

I suggest you read this article by a Lahore lawyer who earned his law degree here in the USA.

You may have to copy and paste the above subject line to find this article on the Internet.

At issue is Mr. Davis having Diplomatic Immunity, which the US Ambassador and the US Department of State say he does under Article 31 of the Geneva Convention and associated International Treaties.

All else is then moot.
Yes but we were all assuming he has diplomatic status till now... The USG TODAY admitted his non-diplomatic status. Even I was the first one to say that if he has immunity then there's no way you can jail him no matter what he did till his immunity is not waived.

:rolleyes:

All else is then moot.

Yeah right, without going through the article I know that you are cherry picking stuff which suits your point of view. Rest all is bullshit. What about other reports? :rolleyes:

ISLAMABAD: The US embassy on Thursday (Feb. 3, 2011) expressed displeasure at the remand extension of Raymond Davis by a Lahore magistrate for another eight days.

“This morning, the American diplomat was remanded in court without notice to the US government, without his lawyer present, and without translation assistance. He was denied due process and a fair hearing,” a statement by the US embassy said.

“The Government of Pakistan must comply with its obligations under international and Pakistani law and ensure that he has immunity from criminal jurisdiction,” it added.

Essentially the USG is saying he has no diplomatic status but has diplomatic immunity anyway

This will not fly.

No Asim Aquil, you are wrong. The word of American Eagle clearly has clear precedence over the statements of the US government, and is legal proof that Davis has immunity... *cough cough sarcasm

ISLAMABAD: The US embassy on Thursday (Feb. 3, 2011) expressed displeasure at the remand extension of Raymond Davis by a Lahore magistrate for another eight days.

“This morning, the American diplomat was remanded in court without notice to the US government, without his lawyer present, and without translation assistance. He was denied due process and a fair hearing,” a statement by the US embassy said.

“The Government of Pakistan must comply with its obligations under international and Pakistani law and ensure that he has immunity from criminal jurisdiction,” it added.
The letter to the FO said "Consular Staff"

So essentially you need to get the US embassy in line as well as to whether he is a diplomat of a consular staff?

I would appreciate you presenting links with all the quotes you are making here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom