What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/COLOR]
38725768_16c66eb58b_z.jpg

I see no relevance.

Sir if conduct of an American Army retired official = to juvenile souls on forum then you can guess the intellect level of most of the Americans and it summarises their childish actions in other countries .

Being victims' side atleast the juvenile souls have the right to be little sentimental but the killers dont have any excuse that too when reality is so clear

Jana Ji: Please do not generalize. You do make an important point that shows why military minds need to be controlled and directed by higher civilian authorities at all times no matter which flag they are under! :D

Point remains no facts are known as yet. Only made up allegations by writers on this site.

As for the alleged shop keeper you should go to the nearest Lahore Police Station and report what you did or didn't see or hear. Being near something alleged does not in and of itself make you a witness. You just work and live in the neighborhood.

There was a wreck on my street the other day. I did not see it nor did I hear it. Later when I drove home from work I saw the police photographing and cleaning up where two cars had wrecked into each other.

I have no earthly idea who was at fault, not does anyone on this site.

If a person on foot is chewing bettle nut, or hash, or smoking pot or shooting up on opium does that then make them an innocent traffic victum if they staffer into heavy traffic at a non-pedestrian crossing point?

Really this is absurd.

As for being "brown." Most good Pakistani friends I had when I lived and worked in Paksitan were brown. So what? Brown or white has nothing to do with anything...unless you are a terrorist or terrorist sympathesizer trying to stir up falsely racial anomosity and hatred?

I am a shop keeper and just a few paces from the incident.
If this were to be on some lonely place then the media would have said that US forces killed three Al-qaeeda terrorist.

Point remains no facts are known as yet. Only made up allegations by writers on this site.

As for the alleged shop keeper you should go to the nearest Lahore Police Station and report what you did or didn't see or hear. Being near something alleged does not in and of itself make you a witness. You just work and live in the neighborhood.

There was a wreck on my street the other day. I did not see it nor did I hear it. Later when I drove home from work I saw the police photographing and cleaning up where two cars had wrecked into each other.

I have no earthly idea who was at fault, not does anyone on this site.

If a person on foot is chewing bettle nut, or hash, or smoking pot or shooting up on opium does that then make them an innocent traffic victum if they staffer into heavy traffic at a non-pedestrian crossing point?

Really this is absurd.

As for being "brown." Most good Pakistani friends I had when I lived and worked in Paksitan were brown. So what? Brown or white has nothing to do with anything...unless you are a terrorist or terrorist sympathesizer trying to stir up falsely racial anomosity and hatred?

The point remains the Americans cannot see truth. There allegations are turned into reality where as eye witness are painted as speculators.

I have seen white people roaming around freely in Pakistan and went to Mosque alone, what the hell?

Pakistan must change its image there are always news about terrorism and firing.
its time to grow and solve the problem of people, pakistan have potential and talent both but at same time extremist inhibit growth of Pakistan.
so need to take rid of them.

U.S. Consulate Staffer Involved In Pakistan Shooting​

January 27, 2011

A U.S. consular employee in Pakistan shot and killed two armed men Thursday as they approached his vehicle on a congested street in the city of Lahore, police said. A pedestrian was also killed by a vehicle that reportedly was racing to the staffer's aid.

A spokesman at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad confirmed that the staffer is an American who works at the consulate in Lahore, but could not identify his position.

Police said the American, who was not named, had been taken into custody following the incident.

The senior superintendant of police in Lahore identified the two men shot to death as Faisan Haider and Obaid Ur Rehman, both of whom were reportedly riding motorcycles when the consulate staffer opened fire. Local media quoted witnesses as saying that the men had been "chasing" the American's car when the shooting began, and police said they had recovered weapons carried by the dead men.

Police officer Umar Saeed the two men were suspected robbers and that the American shot at them in self-defense and managed to alert colleagues who were in a vehicle traveling behind him. The vehicle, reportedly a Land Cruiser, hit a passer-by as it rushed to the scene. The pedestrian later died at a Lahore hospital.

Local TV showed footage of what it said was the American's car, which had several bullet holes in the front windshield.

Given the tense anti-American atmosphere in Pakistan, a shooting on the streets of a major city involving a U.S. citizen could have serious repercussions.

Western diplomats travel with armed guards in many parts of Pakistan because of the risk of militant attack. Lahore has seen frequent terrorist bombings and shootings over the last two years, though the city's small expatriate population has not been directly targeted.

In the northwestern city of Peshawar in 2008, gunmen shot and killed an American aid worker as he drove to work. Suspected militants also opened fire on the vehicle of the United States' top diplomat in the city the same year, but she survived the attack.

Street robberies are not uncommon, and foreigners would be perceived as lucrative targets in the poor country.

Lahore is a city of 12 million people in eastern Pakistan not far from the Indian border. The United States has a small diplomatic mission there.

While the facts of the incident are still being established, it may add to anti-American rhetoric in the country.

Sections of the media are prone to fanning right-wing conspiracy theories that frequently feature armed foreigners roaming the country at will, violating its sovereignty. The United States is pumping millions of dollars in aid to the country, but many people still regard it with suspicion or outright enmity.

U.S. Consulate Staffer Involved In Pakistan Shooting : NPR

Diplomatic Immunity as always...i wish i could be a diplomat...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alberto Rodriguez, a spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad identified the diplomat as Raymond Davis.

Davis has been taken into custody though no case has been filed against him.

AFP reported that the police said that the diplomat fired in self defense.

BBC reported that weapons were recovered from the bodies of the killed men although Reuters reported that the police was still conducting an investigation to ascertain whether the two men were robbers.

NDTV reported that witnesses claimed that Davis was held up by two men armed men. Witnesses also said that after shooting the men the US diplomat took photographs of the shot men. The diplomat explained to bystanders in Urdu that he had acted in self defense.

U.S. diplomat kills two men in Pakistan to avert robbery - International Business Times

Even the previous governments of Pakistan were not much free from American influence but with this guy zardari as president and PPP along with it's allies in the central govt, it is really sad to say that Pakistan is indeed looking like a banana republic of Chacha Sam.

zardari1a_ak08n.jpg

Anyways we have to give credit to Zardari, this guy alone knows how to kick as$ of 180 millions people. :)

:pop:

Pakistan must change its image there are always news about terrorism and firing.
its time to grow and solve the problem of people, pakistan have potential and talent both but at same time extremist inhibit growth of Pakistan.
so need to take rid of them.

brain_fart.gif

Did u try to read the news before honoring us with your thoughts.

U.S. Consulate Staffer Involved In Pakistan Shooting​

January 27, 2011

A U.S. consular employee in Pakistan shot and killed two armed men Thursday as they approached his vehicle on a congested street in the city of Lahore, police said. A pedestrian was also killed by a vehicle that reportedly was racing to the staffer's aid.

A spokesman at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad confirmed that the staffer is an American who works at the consulate in Lahore, but could not identify his position.

Police said the American, who was not named, had been taken into custody following the incident.

The senior superintendant of police in Lahore identified the two men shot to death as Faisan Haider and Obaid Ur Rehman, both of whom were reportedly riding motorcycles when the consulate staffer opened fire. Local media quoted witnesses as saying that the men had been "chasing" the American's car when the shooting began, and police said they had recovered weapons carried by the dead men.

Police officer Umar Saeed the two men were suspected robbers and that the American shot at them in self-defense and managed to alert colleagues who were in a vehicle traveling behind him. The vehicle, reportedly a Land Cruiser, hit a passer-by as it rushed to the scene. The pedestrian later died at a Lahore hospital.

Local TV showed footage of what it said was the American's car, which had several bullet holes in the front windshield.

Given the tense anti-American atmosphere in Pakistan, a shooting on the streets of a major city involving a U.S. citizen could have serious repercussions.

Western diplomats travel with armed guards in many parts of Pakistan because of the risk of militant attack. Lahore has seen frequent terrorist bombings and shootings over the last two years, though the city's small expatriate population has not been directly targeted.

In the northwestern city of Peshawar in 2008, gunmen shot and killed an American aid worker as he drove to work. Suspected militants also opened fire on the vehicle of the United States' top diplomat in the city the same year, but she survived the attack.

Street robberies are not uncommon, and foreigners would be perceived as lucrative targets in the poor country.

Lahore is a city of 12 million people in eastern Pakistan not far from the Indian border. The United States has a small diplomatic mission there.

While the facts of the incident are still being established, it may add to anti-American rhetoric in the country.

Sections of the media are prone to fanning right-wing conspiracy theories that frequently feature armed foreigners roaming the country at will, violating its sovereignty. The United States is pumping millions of dollars in aid to the country, but many people still regard it with suspicion or outright enmity.

U.S. Consulate Staffer Involved In Pakistan Shooting : NPR

And here comes more Amercan than American, More Russian than russians, More Bangladehsi than Bangladeshi, more Afghani than Afghani, more do......... aka Bharati....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom