What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the State Department has openly come in Davis' support, the matter of diplomatic immunity cannot be brushed under the rug.

Yes, but thats every one wants to know? Do he have diplomatic immunity?

Yes, it cannot be brushed under the rug. But, it needs to be asecrtained whether he has the immunity or not. I refer you again to my previous post. Diplomatic immunity under The geneva convention of 1961 is not a clean slate. There are exceptions. The final decision will not be of the state dept, but of the court.

Sir, according to Vienna Convention, even by the time the veracity of the claim of diplomatic immunity is not confirmed, the claimant cannot be arrested.

I repeat. The claimant cannot be arrested.

Now please tell me, how can Pakistan arrest him and send him to police remand?

You can keep him under custody but you cannot officially arrest him.

You simply can't.

Davis: It's not illegal. I have it as a business requirement. My job here as a technical advisor to the State Department requires me to carry a firearm.

<The State Department can give a certificate anyday.>

Do you seriously think it is such a big deal?

Mr Wannabe Defendant, Judge has asked you some other questions aswell.
Answer them too.
I repeat

Judge: How come your bullets ended up in their back?

Judge: what were you doing alone in such a crowded place? Where was your security protocol?

and one more

Judge: how can you claim diplomatic immuity, when you dont even have a diplomatic visa?

American Eagle reads international press on line. He also when watching TV news watches CNN, if you ever read all of his posts on this very long thread you would have known this.

It is amazing how many overnight "barristers" show up on this site and Thread who are safely in UK, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, the US, Russia, and other nations outside of Pakistan.

Mr. Davis correctly stated immediately that he has Diplomatic Immunity and he does. US Ambassador in Pakistan, and US Dept. of State in Washington endorse this legal fact.

Meanwhile more innocent Pakistanis have been murdered by terrorist suicide bombers inside Pakistan, some muredered, 35, with 180 wounded, there in Lahore, the day before the failed Lahore robbery attempt against Mr. Davis. Some, particularly in Peshawar, shortly after the failed hold up attempt on Mr. Davis.

There are some folks writing on this site who do come across as very anti-democratic, anti PPP, and anti Zardari. Zardari is the type leader who was duly elected in an open democratic process which is the type voter free democratic election process being sought now in Tunisia, and which has existed for about 10 years now in Egypt.

I assume most of you here know the results of the most recent the last Pakistani democratic election of President Zardari. Right? Zardari and his PPP faced several opponentes and won. How about that for a start up of real democracy?

Sir, according to Vienna Convention, even by the time the veracity of the claim of diplomatic immunity is not confirmed, the claimant cannot be arrested.

I repeat. The claimant cannot be arrested.

Can you quote the article?

Now please tell me, how can Pakistan arrest him and send him to police remand?

You can keep him under custody but you cannot officially arrest him.

You simply can't.

First quote the article, then i'll tell you :-).

Yes, but thats every one wants to know? Do he have diplomatic immunity?

That your foreign department has to tell and untill your foreign department doesn't tell, you cannot arrest him.

Now please tell me, how did you arrest a person who had a diplomatic passport and who claims diplomatic immunity?

How can you?

3 foreigners took out rifles to scare the crowd away... when crowd tried to stop the SUV in order to remove the body of hit-&-draging 3rd victom...

YouTube - Dunya TV-Khari Baat Lucman Kay Saath-31-01-2011-Pt2/4

SUV was carrying number-plate of a Suzuki-Mehran registered in Sahiwal...
Davis was photographing x-army installations on Waris Road...
SUV guys took Davis's camera away...

YouTube - Dunya TV-Khari Baat Lucman Kay Saath-31-01-2011-Pt3/4
YouTube - Dunya TV-Khari Baat Lucman Kay Saath-31-01-2011-Pt4/4

Last edited:
American Eagle reads international press on line. He also when watching TV news watches CNN, if you ever read all of his posts on this very long thread you would have known this.

Kind sir, why refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

Can you quote the article?

First quote the article, then i'll tell you :-).

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=oQhlua4VHrcC&pg=PA234&lpg=PA234&dq=can+a+person+claiming+diplomatic+immunity+be+arrested?&source=bl&ots=Ffiv1ut991&sig=0XE7wfzWSt03vWHgBvCRI4nxlkw&hl=en&ei=tz1ITYyeEYLtrAePyozXBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=can%20a%20person%20claiming%20diplomatic%20immunity%20be%20arrested%3F&f=false

newpicturewz.jpg

Please read the last two paragraphs.

Now tell me, how did you arrest him even when your foreign office has not confirmed his status yet?

Because he didn't have a diplomatic passport.

Ah, but Mr. Davis does and did have a Diplomatic Passport as attested to both by the US Ambassador to Pakistand and the US Dept. of State in Washington.

Your desire to try and condemn man who has Diplomatic Immunity stops with the legal fact, in International Law and by International Treaties, which take precedence over all local and national laws, that he is Immune and has Diplomatic Immunity.

That is all.

Meanwhile someone tell my why Pakistan has been banned from the International Air Show in India? Baffled at this development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom