What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does. If a foreign diplomat or even an ordinary citizen feels that his life is under threat, he/she can shoot or kill in self-defense.

India is no exception.

i said killing frenzy. Shooting some one in the back is not self defence, all you have to do is read the postmortem report few posts above you.

Now the first question that arises is how can Pakistan arrest someone who claims diplomatic immunity?

According to Vienna Convention, any person who claims diplomatic immunity cannot be arrested. Plain and Simple.

This is why;

1. A diplomatic agent shall enjoy immunity from the criminal jurisdiction of the receiving State.

He shall also enjoy immunity from its civil and administrative jurisdiction, except in the case of:

(c) An action relating to any professional or commercial activity exercised by the diplomatic agent in the receiving State outside his official functions.

This is Rob Crilly
Crilly_60_1768732a.jpg
You probably didint understand my post.I meant American Eagle probably gets his news from Fox News (A rightwing US Channel which airs so much necon bullshit!)

And the answer is he has no diplomatic immunity, he does not even have a diplomatic visa, all you have to do is go back few pages and see the scans of his passport.

The State Department has already said that he has diplomatic immunity.

Moreover, I repeat, even if he is tried in a Pakistani court, he has a very solid case of self-defense keeping in mind what's been happening to foreigners be them Chinese, Americans or French in Pakistan in the recent past.

Moreover, I repeat, even if he is tried in a Pakistani court, he has a very solid case of self-defense keeping in mind what's been happening to foreigners be them Chinese, Americans or French in Pakistan in the recent past.

Spare us your mindless rant.:rofl:

You probably didint understand my post.I meant American Eagle probably gets his news from Fox News (A rightwing US Channel which airs so much necon bullshit!)

Sorry about that..
You bolded the wrong lines mate :P

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Whose state department's statements should matter in this case? Wise Guy

i said killing frenzy. Shooting some one in the back is not self defence, all you have to do is read the postmortem report few posts above you.

Look, even that can be proved.

All he has has to say is this:

I was stopped by these two guys. I saw a pistol in the hand of one of them. They came by the side of my car and told me to pull over. Then they came in front of my car and forced me to stop. I was terrified and keeping in mind that many foreigners have been killed or kidnapped in Pakistan in the very recent past, I thought, to the best of my judgement, that my life was under threat and I shot them dead.

Judge: Why did you shoot so many bullets?

Davis: Like I said, I was terrified and I panicked under fear for my life. I regret the incident but my life was under threat and I couldn't have waited for them to shoot me so I shot them first.

Rock solid case of self-defence.

It is only a matter of days before all is clarified. A little patience would be very good for all posting here.

Look, even that can be proved.

All he has has to say is this:

I was stopped by these two guys. I saw a pistol in the hand of one of them. They came by the side of my car and told me to pull over. Then they came in front of my car and forced me to stop. I was terrified and keeping in mind that many foreigners have been killed or kidnapped in Pakistan in the very recent past, I thought, to the best of my judgement, that my life was under threat and I shot them dead.

Judge: Why did you shoot so many bullets?

Davis: Like I said, I was terrified and I panicked under fear for my life. I regret the incident but my life was under threat and I couldn't have waited for them to shoot me so I shot them first.

Rock solid case of self-defence.

Lol... how old are you? ok lets play
Judge: Explain why you are carrying an illegal fire arm with hollow point bullets in a foreign country?

Judge: How come your bullets ended up in their back?

Judge: what were you doing alone in such a crowded place? Where was your security protocol?

Now that the State Department has openly come in Davis' support, the matter of diplomatic immunity cannot be brushed under the rug.

Yes, it cannot be brushed under the rug. But, it needs to be asecrtained whether he has the immunity or not. I refer you again to my previous post. Diplomatic immunity under The geneva convention of 1961 is not a clean slate. There are exceptions. The final decision will not be of the state dept, but of the court.

Lol... how old are you? ok lets play
Judge: Explain why you are carrying an illegal fire arm?

Davis: It's not illegal. I have it as a business requirement. My job here as a technical advisor to the State Department requires me to carry a firearm.

<The State Department can give a certificate anyday.>

Do you seriously think it is such a big deal?

Now that the State Department has openly come in Davis' support, the matter of diplomatic immunity cannot be brushed under the rug.

Video

This is the official US Dept of State Daily Press Brief..

Watch on from 46:00... He was darting questions like a salmon avoiding the grizzlies as it swims up stream.

He dodged why he had a weapon... He dodged why he needed a gun or if he had permission, Hell he even avoided confirming his NAME...
:lol:

BTW it's upto the Foreign Office of PAKISTAN to decide his status, not the Dept of State...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom