What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
An awful lot of words being thrown into the mix here when the facts and requirements of International Law are simple and the same in all, repeat all, nations, not just in the US or Pakistan:

1. Mr. Davis has Diplomtic Immunity from the US Embasy in Islamabad.

2. He has been illegally arrested and detached as no, repeat no, court of local jurisdiction nor any other court in Pakistan can supercede Internation Law...Diplomatic Immunity.

There are some real "tales" in this overlong Thread which if woven togethere create a montage of a spy thriller that might be published by a Pakistani or even an American paperback publishers.

Meanwhile, Mr. Davis faced attempted robbery, defended himself, and is entitled and does and has had since this tour of duty in Pakistan and through June 2012...has Diplomatic Immunity.

Try focusing on the robbers, the stolen items, being many, on their persons when the Police checked them out.

No one is saying here that anyone's death is a welcome or wanted thing. The death outcome for the two robbers is unfortunte. But, it is hard to define the two robbers as honorable and innocent citizens when you go over the long list of stolen items in their possession at the time of this most unfortunate event.

Cart before the horse says you start and end with Diplomatic Immunity.

To keep ruminating otherwise is wasting time. The people of Pakistan need all help possible from the USA from the level of a sweeper up to the fanciest stake holders in Pakistani society. As this was attempted robbery you have to settle for diplomatic immunity for the put upon Mr. Davis.

if you admit that the 'diplomitc immunity' clause gives cover to 'trained killer, thug and agitator' then all the more reson that this law needs to changed.
Good luck with that: you can pester your government to change its terms of acceptance of diplomatic treaties to insist that an ambassador not have any protection from thugs but his own saintly aura.

The below quote is from another poster on this Thread today...
poster was Leviza and can be found at page identified in upper right hand corner as # 3287
havent seen one post with this..maybe I missed it..

so posting it here.

Vienna accords

Article 31
1.A diplomatic agent shall enjoy immunity from the criminal jurisdiction of the receiving State.
He shall also enjoy immunity from its civil and administrative jurisdiction, except in the case of:

(a) A real action relating to private immovable property situated in the territory of the receiving State,
unless he holds it on behalf of the sending State for the purposes of the mission;

(b) An action relating to succession in which the diplomatic agent is involved as executor,
administrator, heir or legatee as a private person and not on behalf of the sending State;

(c) An action relating to any professional or commercial activity exercised by the diplomatic agent in
the receiving State outside his official functions.

2.A diplomatic agent is not obliged to give evidence as a witness.

3.No measures of execution may be taken in respect of a diplomatic agent except in the cases
coming under subparagraphs (a), (b) and (c) of paragraph 1 of this article, and provided that the
measures concerned can be taken without infringing the inviolability of his person or of his residence.

4.The immunity of a diplomatic agent from the jurisdiction of the receiving State does not exempt
him from the jurisdiction of the sending State.

An awful lot of words being thrown into the mix here when the facts and requirements of International Law are simple and the same in all, repeat all, nations, not just in the US or Pakistan:

1. Mr. Davis has Diplomtic Immunity from the US Embasy in Islamabad.

2. He has been illegally arrested and detached as no, repeat no, court of local jurisdiction nor any other court in Pakistan can supercede Internation Law...Diplomatic Immunity.

There are some real "tales" in this overlong Thread which if woven togethere create a montage of a spy thriller that might be published by a Pakistani or even an American paperback publishers.

Meanwhile, Mr. Davis faced attempted robbery, defended himself, and is entitled and does and has had since this tour of duty in Pakistan and through June 2012...has Diplomatic Immunity.

Try focusing on the robbers, the stolen items, being many, on their persons when the Police checked them out.

No one is saying here that anyone's death is a welcome or wanted thing. The death outcome for the two robbers is unfortunte. But, it is hard to define the two robbers as honorable and innocent citizens when you go over the long list of stolen items in their possession at the time of this most unfortunate event.

Cart before the horse says you start and end with Diplomatic Immunity.

To keep ruminating otherwise is wasting time. The people of Pakistan need all help possible from the USA from the level of a sweeper up to the fanciest stake holders in Pakistani society. As this was attempted robbery you have to settle for diplomatic immunity for the put upon Mr. Davis.

thats not facts thats what americans believe.... he has no diplomatic visa but this problem will be solved through bribes and threats which your country is good at

Many, many diplomats world-wide fit your description: "a trained killer, thug and agitator." By what right do you claim Pakistan deserves a pass to exclude such people that every other nation has to put up with?

I have no idea what you are on about, and you probably do not as well, since you have no means to verify what you say.

The technicalities of his status are banal, from all the evidence he is an enemy of Pakistan, and so are his supporters.

I pray a movement starts where we boot out his ilk.

Davis flies into fury on prayer call

By: Jam Sajjad Hussain

LAHORE – The inmates facing murder charges invariably display quite caution. American killer Raymond Davis, however, is a different species. Undeterred by the implications of his case, he lives in the jail the way he wants to.

Davis doesn’t like to be disturbed in any manner whatsoever. Even Azaan, the prayer call, comes as a source of disturbance for him. And distressing is the disclosure that the loudspeakers in the jail were muted when Davis complained about the prayer call Monday morning.

Davis lodged a protest with the jail authorities on “being disturbed by the morning prayer call”.

“He started shouting in a quite savage manner in the wee hours when the Azaan was in progress and the prisoners were waking up for the prayers,” said a prisoner requesting not to be named.

The inmate said that Davis started shouting, “Shut the louder or I will raise the matter with the (US) Consulate.”

“Surprisingly, jail officials shut the loudspeaker. It prompted the other prisoners to protest. In return, the officials switched the speaker back on,” said the inmate.

An official of the Kot Lakhpat Jail, pseudonym Bholi Shah, said Davis had started huffing and puffing on hearing the Friday prayer call on his first day in jail.

“Seeing four prisoners offering Asr prayers in the corridor of their barrack, Davis started grumbling in a derogatory way,” said Shah.

Pak1stanFirst-Davis flies into fury on prayer call | Latest News

The enemies of Islam can not stand the sound of Azaan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Lahore Jail Charge Raymond Davis with Blasphemy

Mr. “Raymond Davis” really doesn’t know where he is. He doesn’t realize that he is in jail. He has not come to the terms with the facts that he is in Pakistan and that he is not above the law. He is obviously very agitated and frustrated at being locked up in Pakistan. In a very strange incident the double-murderer began cursing out at the morning “Azaan“. In a bizarre incident he lodged a protest with the jail authorities on “being disturbed by the morning prayer call.” To “Davis” chagrin loudspeakers were briefly muted and then turned back on. His frustrations is now getting the better of him. “He started shouting in a quite savage manner in the wee hours when the Azaan was in progress and the prisoners were waking up for the prayers,” said a prisoner, who requested not to be named. Another jail officer claimed that the US official also abused Jail Superintendent Mian Mushtaq Awan, who was trying to pacify him. “You all are bloody bastards. How dare you wake me without my permission? Now get lost,” Davis swore at them. This would get him into trouble with the jail authorities.

One of the inmates at the Kot Lakpat jail informed reporters that Davis started shouting: “Shut the louder or I will raise the matter with the (US) Consulate.” A Kot Lakhpat Jail official said that “Ramond Davis” had started huffing and puffing on hearing the Friday prayer call on his first day in that jail. He had to be calmed down.

“Seeing four prisoners offering Asr prayers in the corridor of their barrack, Davis started grumbling in a derogatory way,” he added. This behaviour of course is blasphemy which carries a death sentence in Pakistan–immunity or no immunity.

Initially, Davis, who is facing murder charges, misbehaved with Awan’s subordinates when they woke him up for breakfast around 8am. The officer said that he had just woken Davis up to tell him that some senior officers, transferred from other jails for the special duty, had brought him breakfast, but he flew into a rage. Senior officials tried to calm him down. But, instead of cooling down, Davis shouted in reply: “You uncivilised fools don’t even make good servants. Is this the method to serve?”

On being informed, Jail Superintendent Awan arrived within no time and tried his best to placate Davis, who abused him also, saying: “I am saying you should go now, bastard.” The officer said that though the senior officers could understand what Davis was saying, they asked Awan, who tried to downplay it, saying: “Davis was using meaningless slang.”

The other prisoners, who continue to face acute shortage of basic necessities in the Kot Lakhpat Jail, say that they see the imprisoned US official’ behaviour as highly intolerable. He may have dug his grave because of his hubris.

http://www.islamabadglobe.com/?p=31620

Good luck with that: you can pester your government to change its terms of acceptance of diplomatic treaties to insist that an ambassador not have any protection from thugs but his own saintly aura.

Ok now the azzhole is being reffered to as an ambassador ... mindblowing .. !
The fact is , hes not even a Diplomat and his immunity is now being engineered, how come the US can change its image if it dosent supports the very laws which it dictates the politicians of pakistan to follow .
He was a spy being tracked and the azzhole killed those men when he was unable to shake off his tail... !
BTW what could be be the max punishement if hes proven a diplomat and then sent to US for his trial there , i m pretty sure he wont even be tried there. No matter what the guy wont enjoy such support when hel ultimately appear before GOD on the day of ressurection, If you do bad and get away with it,GOD does make sure ,it eaqualls out in the end.

Not that those posting abusive rhetoric would take this word of advice, but please at least consider toning your language down. It brings nothing but disgrace for those so indulging.

Not that those posting abusive rhetoric would take this word of advice, but please at least consider toning your language down. It brings nothing but disgrace for those so indulging.

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
— Neal Stephenson (Cryptonomicon)

This statement was a civil reponse to prior posters who used curse words openly on and in this good forum.

Please consider objectivity in that I gave the answer which does represent many Westerners view on this topic. It is civil, especially in the face of personall denigrated and cussed at in this forum...and I have never and will never respond in kind. My response was civil, poplite, and factual. Why would good people who don't know or care about the facts regarding Diplomat Immunity be allowed to continully post curse word statements when the focus is Diplomatic Immunity but they seem to want to try the case here on the Internete and some even call for Mr. Davis to be lynched forthwith?

I do request you understand my tone is and will continue to be civil. I am dealing with International Law which are a fact based disucssion not random shots uncalled for as I am receiving here.

Thanks.

This statement was a civil reponse to prior posters who used curse words openly on and in this good forum.

Please consider objectivity in that I gave the answer which does represent many Westerners view on this topic. It is civil, especially in the face of personall denigrated and cussed at in this forum...and I have never and will never respond in kind. My response was civil, poplite, and factual. Why would good people who don't know or care about the facts regarding Diplomat Immunity be allowed to continully post curse word statements when the focus is Diplomatic Immunity but they seem to want to try the case here on the Internete and some even call for Mr. Davis to be lynched forthwith?

I do request you understand my tone is and will continue to be civil. I am dealing with International Law which are a fact based disucssion not random shots uncalled for as I am receiving here.

Thanks.

He dosnt have an immunity, Counslate staff can get away with minor crimes But Murdering two innocent people out of cold blood cannot simply be let go under the blanket of slightest of immunity whatsoever....!

Americans are not really known to respect international law , infact america is a 'convicted criminal' as far as the international court of justice is concrened.

Here is the full ruling of the case of US diplomats being involved in the support of paramilitary activities against the democratically elected government of Nicaragua

International Court of Justice

The court ruled the US to be guilty , so the precedent says that amercans have a criminal record when it comes to international norms and laws

You can read about it here also

Nicaragua v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Court found in its verdict that the United States was "in breach of its obligations under customary international law not to use force against another State", "not to intervene in its affairs", "not to violate its sovereignty", "not to interrupt peaceful maritime commerce", and "in breach of its obligations under Article XIX of the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the Parties signed at Managua on 21 January 1956."

davis-document.jpg

The document shows that Davis gets $ 0.2 million per annum as salary.
KARACHI: Documents obtained by DawnNews on Wednesday revealed that Raymond Davis, the US gunman accused of killing two Pakistanis in Lahore, is a permanent employee of the US Overseas Protective Security Services.

The document shows that Davis gets $ 0.2 million per annum as salary.

Meanwhile, government authorities have decided to shift the US official to Adiala Jail where his visiting hours will be limited to three hours.

Sorry but anyone familar with Government pay codes and invoicing will tell you that what is shown is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom