What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Times
February 15, 2011

By Raja Riaz

Following are excerptsMr. Riaz's news story.
LAHORE: The text of the incomplete challan submitted in the court is being produced here:

“The case was handed over to Lytton Road Police Station In-charge Investigation Inspector Muneer Ahmad. During the investigation, the inspector took the dead bodies of the two (victims of Davis) – Faizan Haider and Faheem Shamshad – from the emergency ward of the Services Hospital and in the guard of policemen sent them to the mortuary. Lytton Road Police Station SHO, Atif Meraj Khan, took the belongings of the dead and other material in his custody and got them registered in fardats (the relevant papers) and handed over to the investigation officer. The detail of the things is as follows: one belt, one pistol pouch, one handbag, two wallets, five mobile phones (Nokia 18910, Samsung, A1303, Sony Ericsson T 700, Nokia 1616, 6300), Pakistani and foreign currency (Yen 58,915, Omani Baisa 1100, Piso 10), two national identity cards bearing Faizan Haider and Zohra Shahzad’s names and different pieces of papers. Later, the IO visited the crime spot and took in possession the following things: the deceased persons’ Honda motorcycle bearing number LOV 4030, the blood of the two deceased on cotton buds, two pistols of 30 bore belonging to the deceased, pieces of shattered windowpanes of the accused’s vehicle, two empties, a 9mm pistol. They were sealed and registered in relevant documents. The IO drew a rough sketch of the crime scene and recorded the statements of eyewitnesses. All things were recorded while the two traffic wardens signed the papers as witnesses. The IO collected all these things from the custody of the Old Anarkali circle DSP and now this all material is being sent to the federal government through the Ministry of Interior for action and research. The DSP handed over a hand-written statement of the accused, written in the presence of the DSP, to the investigation officer. This statement reads that when the accused “halted his car at the traffic signal of Qartaba Chowk, one of the two motorcyclists pulled his pistol at him. He took out his pistol and fired at them in self-defence. The driver of the motorcycle ran away and the second fell on the motorcycle.

Faizan Haider received five arm injuries. Two injuries were on the backside left buttock near the spinal cord and three in the front - right side of the chest, two on the left thigh.

The deceased Faheem also got five arm injuries – two injuries on the back side in lumber area. One bullet entered the left elbow and crossed in front, second entered in the head from the upper side of the ear and third entered from the left side of the belly and came out from the right and another bullet hit the left thigh. The parcels of the material related to the case have been submitted to a chemical examiner and the Forensic Science Laboratory.

The car used by the accused is the property of one Sohail Nisar, a resident of Gulberg, who has given it to a company ‘Capital Car Rental’ and the company has given it on rent to American consulate on annual basis. The car has also been sent for forensic examination. On 11 February, on the conclusion of physical remand, the accused is being sent to jail on judicial remand.
AMERICAN EAGLE COMMENT: As Mr. Davis was driving a car leased to the US Diplomatic Delegation by the above named Sohail Nisar you can understand that American's renting a year at a time a car on annual lease would have to have a GPS included in the rental car for neophyte American drivers to be able to get around in the large and busy City of Lahore.

You should ask "What does or do these selected remarks from a mere newspaper story tell us?"

ANSWER: The story verifies that Mr. Davis faced armed robbers who sought to harm his person and take his money and that he thus fired in self defense. Both robbers received wounds from the front sides of their persons, see highlighted in rec verification on both robbers being hit from the front above.

What does this boil down to? ANSWER: Proven, known to the Lahore Police that the two robbers had a multi-crime criminal history. The police should have quickly gone to the residence or residences of the two failed robbers and sought out further stolen goods there.

The FACT remains that the Police did recovery various assorted stolen goods from the two robbers at the scene of their failed robbery attempt on Mr. Davis.

THe loss of life is regrettable but is a clear cut result of living a life of crime.

Mr American Eagle, This the attitude of yours, that i hate so much, you are so biased, unipolar, extremely biased in your Thinking, with the advancement in age, you are becoming stubborn like all old people do,

Why i'am saying all this? Because, You are Quoting the same Pakistani Police that says they are robbers, But When We Pakistani People Quotes Pakistani Police which says, Davis didn't act in Self Defense, and He Committed a Murder, You start acting as a person who is deaf and dumb. You start acting as Davis is saint, He Is some one who has done a righteous thing

Why so much contradiction in your nature Old Man?

Yes, REALLY. There are laws that are applicable here and they will be followed for sure.

What about the laws that we have here in Pak? Why not waive the immunity(assuming he has immunity which I dont subscribe to) and fight his case here? Or are our courts not free and unreliable?

What about the laws that we have here in Pak? Why not waive the immunity and fight his case here? Or are our courts not free and unreliable?

Diplomatic Immunity makes only the laws of the USA applicable on RD. Pakistani laws and courts, as honorable as they truly are, have no jurisdiction. That is the crux of the matter.

HANG THIS GUY!! Pakistani idiots love American PAK relation which is not actually relation thats >>> >>>> not >>> <<<

Diplomatic Immunity makes only the laws of the USA applicable on RD. Pakistani laws and courts, as honorable as they truly are, have no jurisdiction. That is the crux of the matter.

So the US have to prove diplomatic immunity first. That my dear is the crux of the mattar. We are not aguing here the vienna convention. Our argument is that it does not apply to RD. If they can prove it, they are free to take their man. But our FO disagrees with his status and hence it should be dealt in pak courts and not the US.

*sigh* and we go back to the beginning - diplomatic immunity is not established, and it pretty much seems clear that the Pakistani FO does not believe blanket diplomatic immunity applies to Davis given the details of the correspondence between the Pakistani FO and the US Embassy that have been released in the media, and not yet denied by the US.

So u have to prove diplomatic immunity first. That my dear is the crux of the mattar. We are aguing here the vienna convention. Our argument is that it does not apply to RD. If they can prove it, they are free to take their man. But our FO disagrees with his status and hence it should be dealt in pak courts and not the US.

*sigh* and we go back to the beginning - diplomatic immunity is not established, and it pretty much seems clear that the Pakistani FO does not believe blanket diplomatic immunity applies to Davis given the details of the correspondence between the Pakistani FO and the US Embassy that have been released in the media, and not yet denied by the US.

And as I have said before, let us wait for the official process to produce the FORMAL documents that will establish the immunity. It is only a matter of a few days more. In the meantime, maintaining a calm and rational approach would be good for all parties, but that is only my opinion.

And as I have said before, let us wait for the official process to produce the FORMAL documents that will establish the immunity. It is only a matter of a few days more. In the meantime, maintaining a calm and rational approach would be good for all parties, but that is only my opinion.

And how do i know that FORMAL paperwirk peoduced NOW is not forged, given that FO has been on record not to grant him blanket immunity? This makes it even more crucial to get him released through courts so that 180 mil people accept his status. Instead of jst banking on statments of the likes of wahab and malik. Courts must and should release him if he is indeed a diplomat and US needs to argue in courts. Tye whole reason US is not wanting to go through courts is because in my opinion they cant prove him a diplomat.

For God's sake... Let him go!!! Why ruin all this trust, all this good...

I want stronger relations between Pakistan and the USA. I wan't this to grow and flourish and i want us to sit back a bit, tone down the passion and hear both sides.

Things were handled badly on both sides... Lets move on beyond this.

Wt will happen to those who lost thier love ones...
Wt will happen to that lady who lost her life coz the GOV is so cruel.

Any of ur love one could be the victum .....still u would allow him to move out from Pakistan without trial.

And how do i know that FORMAL paperwirk peoduced NOW is not forged, given that FO has been on record not to grant him blanket immunity? This makes it even more crucial to get him released through courts so that 180 mil people accept his status. Instead of jst banking on statments of the likes of wahab and malik. Courts must and should release him if he is indeed a diplomat and US needs to argue in courts. Tye whole reason US is not wanting to go through courts is because in my opinion they cant prove him a diplomat.

Well the, that is a question that speaks as to the lack of trust between the citizens and the government of Pakistan. Sir, that is not my problem, and neither is it RD's problem. I, for one, will believe the OFFICIAL paperwork produced by BOTH governments.

For God's sake... Let him go!!! Why ruin all this trust, all this good...

I want stronger relations between Pakistan and the USA. I wan't this to grow and flourish and i want us to sit back a bit, tone down the passion and hear both sides.

Things were handled badly on both sides... Lets move on beyond this.

Seems like dust of nationalism has VANISHED.

Well the, that is a question that speaks as to the lack of trust between the citizens and the government of Pakistan. Sir, that is not my problem, and neither is it RD's problem. I, for one, will believe the OFFICIAL paperwork produced by BOTH governments.

That is our problem cheng. That is our problem indeed and the only way to restore confidence between these institutes is to let law take its natural course. If he indeed is immune then US need not worry, but it has to be proven without a shadow of doubt. And I wd urge US not to interfere in a mannar that is counterproductive using pressure wont help. This issue is out in the open and their stance of immunity simply does not apply in this case. If it does they why so much panic in the US abt it?

It has nothing to do with nationalism and patriotism.coz as the time is passing its becoming amply clear that this case is being used for domestic political rivalry between the parties.How state machinery like police and investigating agencies are used by local govt just to earn brawny points with the federal govt.And above all media is used selectively by leaking the investigating/interrogation tapes to reap from the anti-american sentiments prevailing in the common populace.

oh come on .................. when your secretary information misses wahab is saying he cann,t be prosecuted so try to understand.
nothing is gona happen with our emotionalism or patriotism.

It has nothing to do with nationalism and patriotism.coz as the time is passing its becoming amply clear that this case is being used for domestic political rivalry between the parties.How state machinery like police and investigating agencies are used by local govt just to earn brawny points with the federal govt.And above all media is used selectively by leaking the investigating/interrogation tapes to reap from the anti-american sentiments prevailing in the common populace.

well lets accept your point even then , he needs to be prosecuted in PAKISTAN and recent statements by ex-foreign minister clearly shows the picture that case is complex and america by force want him to be proved as diplomat , but in reality he isn,t.
even in those clips just note his attitude............
or he was made by media to act like that to infuriate PAKISTANI people .......
come on try to face some bitter realities......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom