What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davis enjoys diplomatic immunity: Fauzia Wahab

Updated at 1725 PST Monday, February 14, 2011

2-14-2011_10824_l_u.jpg

KARACHI: Secretary Information Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Fauzia Wahab has said that Raymond Davis, accused of killing two Pakistanis in Lahore, enjoyed diplomatic immunity, Geo News reported on Monday.

Addressing a press conference at Karachi Press Club, Fauzia Wahab said that Pakistan is the signatory of Vienna Convention, therefore, all the diplomats enjoy immunity, adding that diplomats cannot be arrested under this convention.

She said that Davis possess diplomatic passport, therefore, he enjoys immunity.

Fauzia Wahab further said that United States is the biggest market of Pakistani products. A large number of Pakistanis are living there, she said and added that 80 percent remittance of Pakistan came from the US.(GEO URDU)

Davis enjoys diplomatic immunity: Fauzia Wahab

this guy will be released sooner or later,but his release will have an impact on pakistan sure

Davis row: ‘God is giving us chance to get rid of US slavery’

Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed said the killing of two Pakistani men by US official Raymond Davis was a “God-given opportunity” for the country to get rid of the slavery imposed on it by the US.

Hafiz_Saeed_300-250x300.jpg

Addressing a Friday prayer congregation at a mosque at the JuD’s headquarters in Chauburji in Lahore, Saeed said: “God has given us an opportunity to get rid of America’s slavery. We should be united in the face of American imperialism.”

Saeed, warned the Pakistan government not to hand over Davis to the US. ”If the government yields to American pressure, it will face the wrath of the people,” he said. The Pakistani people were “very emotional” over the issue and will not allow the government to “sell the blood of its citizens”, he said.

The JuD also organised a rally in Lahore to press the government not to release Davis. A large number of JuD activists and traders joined the rally held at Hall Road and vent their anger against the US and the Pakistani governments.

Davis was arrested after he shot and killed two alleged robbers in Lahore on January 27. He claimed he had acted in self-defence as the two men were trying to rob him. However, Lahore police chief Aslam Tareen today said Davis had been booked for murder. Davis was sent to jail after a court remanded him to judicial custody for a fortnight this morning.

The JuD has been at the forefront of protests organised in several parts of Pakistan to pressure the government not to release Davis.

Davis row: 'God is giving us chance to get rid of US slavery'

SO basically they just have to inform the courts of the determination and then the accused will be released or the court is going to look into the matter on its own now?

Davis row: ‘God is giving us chance to get rid of US slavery’

Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed said the killing of two Pakistani men by US official Raymond Davis was a “God-given opportunity” for the country to get rid of the slavery imposed on it by the US.

Hafiz_Saeed_300-250x300.jpg

Addressing a Friday prayer congregation at a mosque at the JuD’s headquarters in Chauburji in Lahore, Saeed said: “God has given us an opportunity to get rid of America’s slavery. We should be united in the face of American imperialism.”

Saeed, warned the Pakistan government not to hand over Davis to the US. ”If the government yields to American pressure, it will face the wrath of the people,” he said. The Pakistani people were “very emotional” over the issue and will not allow the government to “sell the blood of its citizens”, he said.

The JuD also organised a rally in Lahore to press the government not to release Davis. A large number of JuD activists and traders joined the rally held at Hall Road and vent their anger against the US and the Pakistani governments.

Davis was arrested after he shot and killed two alleged robbers in Lahore on January 27. He claimed he had acted in self-defence as the two men were trying to rob him. However, Lahore police chief Aslam Tareen today said Davis had been booked for murder. Davis was sent to jail after a court remanded him to judicial custody for a fortnight this morning.

The JuD has been at the forefront of protests organised in several parts of Pakistan to pressure the government not to release Davis.

Davis row: 'God is giving us chance to get rid of US slavery'

Hafiz Sayeed! Aahaa! What an ideal example to follow!

If modi's example can be recommended to follow by the fellow indians then whats wrong in folowing hafiz saeed's example.

Of course nothing. When did I say there was? He IS the perfect example for Pakistanis to follow.

What better could I wish upon Pakistan? I so solemnly wish that Pakistanis follow Hafiz Sayeed.

The truth is "Iraq has Weapons of mass distraction and Raymond Davis is a diplomat".
Well might is right and world believe even when US lie. if you have spine to say the truth you will lose your job and that's what happened to Ex-Pakistani FM.
Well US likes spine less people and they should be on top of Pakistan as elites.

Dont worry we will surprise the evil US with spines this time he will never even dream of..Insha-Allah...:)

KARACHI: A spokeswoman for Pakistan’s main ruling party on Monday moved to dilute anger over a US official accused of murdering two Pakistanis, saying diplomats have immunity and that he had an official visa.

Pakistan’s ties with the United States have gone into crisis since police arrested Raymond Davis, who confessed to killing two men in self-defence on a busy street in the eastern city of Lahore on January 27.

Washington supports his claim and says he is a diplomat who should be released immediately in keeping with international law.

“We have always abided by international laws and conventions,” Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) spokeswoman Fauzia Wahab told reporters in Karachi.

“Davis has an official business visa, so why argue and why we are risking our overall good reputation before the rest of the world?”

“America is the largest market for Pakistan, with whom we earn four billion dollars. Most Pakistanis who live in the United States send bulk of remittances to us to support our economy,” said Wahab.

If modi's example can be recommended to follow by the fellow indians then whats wrong in folowing hafiz saeed's example.

hafi saaed is not a criminal like modi who is a killer and a terrorist. hafiz saaed has been tried in court and found innocent

Hi,

The more I think about this issue and look at the reaction of the united states---the more I am convinced that the U S has a concern---and that is of " SETTING OF A PRECEDENCE"----davis is basically an illegal---someone who does the dirty work for the state----happened in afg---happened in iraq and many other places, but got caught in the open by the police or public like this one.

If pak govt decides to do something about it---all the poor nations of the third world will grow a stronger spine----and the super powers don't like that to happen---even if the U S has to make an example out of pakistran---it will do so---.

Because if the U S lets pak get away with it---then they have cut their own legs and the legs of their operatives-----. Pakistan on the other hand needs to understand the consequences very well---which---I believe from the past experiences---they are not in a mental position to analyze what could be forthcoming---or what will happen after the fact.

This issue doesnot pertain to pakistan alone---it will change the way U S operatives work overseas---a country like pakistan need not fight the wars for the other third world countries---it has enough troubles of its own creation---pakistan needs to find reason witin all these screams of blood letting.

When would you learn----when the united states makes a precision strike on one of the sensitive locations.

Pakistanis sound like their counterparts the palestinians----every time the palestinians raised a hue and cry---they lost more to their opponent---pakistan does the same to itself in a different manner---after 8 years of war on terror they just begun to realize that suicide bombers are a bad thing for the people and nation---8 years people 8 years it took you to wake up---what does it say about your assessment capabilities---on a grade of 1----100----you may give yourself a failing grade of 10----THAT IS WHERE YOU STAND INTELLECTUALLY.

So---please my pakistani colleagues----trust me----it is beyond your PAY GRADE to understand the significance and the consequences of pursuing the Davis issue any further than it deserves.

You can dig a little deeper and see what his connection were with the taliban and what he was upto---but when it comes to prosecution----you may sentence him----but then expel him from the country declaring him a persona non grata. Governments come and governments go---it is not the first time that it may happen to PPP and it will not be the last time that it will happen to them or to others.

Raymond Davis is not worth taking the wrath of the americans at this time or at any other time.

You have a BLACK president in U S A----who has been extremely poor in managing the country----found out that he is just talk and blabber just like most other blacks and nary a substance----pretty much a failure till this time---why should pakistan give him a crutch to stand up on---he desperately needs a punching bag---he is looking to break some SPINES---- he wants to make some people spineless cowards after he is done with them---. He ratings have suffered badly and he is looking for an opening to do something to prop himself up.

Pakistan on the other hand has been prepared very well by the american media to be taken out now----the steak has been marinated and just needs to be put on the grill----just waiting for the grill to get to the right temperature---.

MK .. you seldom venture in political threads.

First you say
-on a grade of 1----100----you may give yourself a failing grade of 10----THAT IS WHERE YOU STAND INTELLECTUALLY.

Then you start

So---please my pakistani colleagues----trust me

Contradiction in thinking,
So, after your degree of intellect I suppose you are working up for masters in in-senstive arrogance ?

it is beyond your PAY GRADE to understand the significance and the consequences of pursuing the Davis issue any further than it deserves.
Now that is just down right abusive !
an apology is well warranted as far as I think.

You have a BLACK president in U S A----who has been extremely poor in managing the country----found out that he is just talk and blabber just like most other blacks and nary a substance----pretty much a failure till this time---why should pakistan give him a crutch to stand up on---he desperately needs a punching bag---he is looking to break some SPINES---- he wants to make some people spineless cowards after he is done with them---. He ratings have suffered badly and he is looking for an opening to do something to prop himself up.

Looking at last quarter's ending, and expected figures from first quarter 2011, the economy is back up, and consumer confidence is growing.
Once americans start spending, I doubt they will notice color of their president as long as green color is in their pockets.

Kindly review your figures before you post.

Pakistan on the other hand has been prepared very well by the american media to be taken out now----the steak has been marinated and just needs to be put on the grill----just waiting for the grill to get to the right temperature---

Thank you very much for letting us know of our certain doom. Enjoy the steaks !

All in all, I would say a rather ill informed, arrogant and baseless post specially so considering the age group you are in.

Looking at the american & Pakistani flag in your profile, I feel insulted ... always thought of my self as a hard working ex-pat who makes it his duty to keep the flag high, and my country proud.

I guess Pakistan needs to be cleansed of people like you.

Please remove the Pakistan flag from your profile.

Of course nothing. When did I say there was? He IS the perfect example for Pakistanis to follow.

What better could I wish upon Pakistan? I so solemnly wish that Pakistanis follow Hafiz Sayeed.

You might seldom wish Pakistanis to follow Hafiz Saeed but I always wish Indians to follow modi.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom