What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about pakistani mobs killing robbers with bare hands and bats does the same rule not apply? I think this has become a political issue as he is American

Mob lynching:

Very likely because Pakistan does not want to loose US support.

Highly unlikly because Qureshie was sacrificed to open a way for RD`s departure.

Its a matter of few days before you see him released.....no wonder.

BTW, people have stopped posting Luchman-Najam Sethi videos (my fav) are their no videos no more???

My friend at this point in time, USA cannot afford to loose Pakistan as an ally. Not because of Pakistan's importance in WOT, because this will be detrimental to US's future plans. They need a safe supply route into Afghanistan for their forces who are going to remain their for a long period of time.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...is-case-developing-story-185.html#post1484521

Slightly off topic, but didn't the US make the case that since they allegedly found some ISI officials to be in 'contact' with the Haqqani network, that that then implied that the ISI was behind the Indian embassy bombings in Afghanistan?

Applying the same logic here, should Pakistan then blame the US for terrorist attacks by the Taliban and LeJ?

India denies access to Rahat Fateh
Updated at 1010 PST Monday, February 14, 2011
2-14-2011_10798_l_u.jpg

NEW DELHI: Noted Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was detained at the IGI Airport on Sunday evening by Indian revenue intelligence sleuths for allegedly carrying a huge amount of undeclared foreign currency Sunday.

The officials of Pakistan High Commission reached the office of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence Monday to meet the singer but the Indian authorities denied the access to the star.

Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir also called Indian High Commissioner in Islamabad Sharat Sabarwal and discussed the matter. The Indian envoy was asked by the Foreign Secretary to ensure that "no official should misbehave with Rahat during interrogation".

Bashir also called up Pakistani High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik and directed him to "take immediate steps for securing release of Rahat".

"The matter should be taken up formally with Indian foreign office," he said, adding that "contact with Indian authorities for updates in the case must be maintained throughout". Pakistan HC in New Dehli has constituted a team to pursue the matter.

Khan, who is a hit Bollywood playback singer, arrived on a flight from Karachi and was intercepted by personnel from the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence acting on some prior information, official sources said.

They said the singer was carrying a huge amount of foreign currency which he did not declare to the immigration authorities. Two other persons accompanying him have also been detained, the sources said.
India denies access to Rahat Fateh

BREAKING NEWS

Fouzia Wahab at a press conference says Raymond Davis has a diplomatic visa and has diplomatic immunity

what can you expect from indian hospitality; but he chose to go there and should have known the implications of it

sound judgement always goes a long way, especially in a country that is totally alien

Yeah right. He's been travelling to India for so many years without any incident. Where was your warped view of hospitality before?

BREAKING NEWS

Fouzia Wahab at a press conference says Raymond Davis has a diplomatic visa and has diplomatic immunity
There was nothing else the aid whores of the current PPP led GoP could do.

A whore has to service her clients, the rule of law be damned.

The PPP under its current leadership is a lost cause for Pakistan - expect nothing other than yet more capitulation and disgrace from this party and government.

This pretty much validates Qureshi's position as well - that he refused to bend the rules to grant Davis immunity, and was kicked out of the FM position for sticking to a principled position upholding the rule of law.

why should I? It's not my business. Actually, he should have been aware about hindustan's capital controls; which exist in many other countries. indian in particular have draconian capital controls.

probably it was his money which he earned from concerts and other activities; i dont think he has any investments in that damned country

again, he should have been a bit wiser and known the implications of such a visit

Lets not lose the advantage education gives us.

aa gai Government apni auqaat pay... See what she's said..

RD has a Diplomatic Visa, there are 1 million pakistanis in America, America is the largest market of pakistani products...

Simply she wants us to sell ourselves... Shame on such a big looser

They need a safe supply route into Afghanistan for their forces who are going to remain their for a long period of time.

How safe it is, when thier trucks are torched by Pakistanis?

And dont understimate a superpower, a USD printing nation, to stick to just Pakistani route.

The growing danger has forced the Pentagon to seek far longer, but possibly safer, alternate routes through Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia, according to Defense Department documents. A notice to potential contractors by the U.S. Transportation Command in September said that "strikes, border delays, accidents and pilferage" in Pakistan and the risk of "attacks and armed hijackings" in Afghanistan posed "a significant risk" to supplies for Western forces in Afghanistan.

The United States has already begun negotiations with countries along what the Pentagon has called a new northern route. An agreement with Georgia has been reached and talks are ongoing with Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, according to an Oct. 31 Pentagon document.

Russia agreed this year to allow NATO to send material by rail. The coalition in Afghanistan is working to create an intercontinental rail system that would carry nonlethal equipment and materials for both economic assistance and military programs that would go through Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan

Separately, the Pentagon's Transportation Command is seeking contractors who could handle what it projects as about 50,000 rail containers a year traveling over a new Europe-Caucasus route or, separately, one through Central Asia.

On this, the odds are against Pakistan than vice versa.

The process of ending this case is proceeding exactly as I predicted.

We ALL need to remain calm and collected and NOT give in to stoked mass hysteria that would be self damaging above all else.

The process of ending this case is proceeding exactly as I predicted.

We ALL need to remain calm and collected and NOT give in to stoked mass hysteria that would be self damaging above all else.

Stop it just stop We don't want a life of a slave.... As Tipu sultan said

"Shair ki aik din ki zindagi geedar ki so din ki zindagi sey behtar hai"

We'll protest and never let him go like this... If RD goes then Zardari party will also go and GO TO HELL America... I mean how can they do this he killed 2 persons and one person was killed by his fellows... I don't have words to explain my grief and anger :mad:

KARACHI: Secretary Information Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Fauzia Wahab has said that Raymond Davis, accused of killing two Pakistanis in Lahore, enjoyed diplomatic immunity, Geo News reported on Monday.

Addressing a press conference at Karachi Press Club, Fauzia Wahab said that Pakistan is the signatory of Vienna Convention, therefore, all the diplomats enjoy immunity, adding that diplomats cannot be arrested.

She said that Davis possess diplomatic passport, therefore, he enjoys immunity.

Fauzia Wahab further said that United States is the biggest market of Pakistani products. A large number of Pakistanis are living there, she said and added that 80 percent remittance of Pakistan came from the US.(GEO URDU)

Stop it just stop We don't want a life of a slave.... As Tipu sultan said

"Shair ki aik din ki zindagi geedar ki so din ki zindagi sey behtar hai"

We'll protest and never let him go like this... If RD goes then Zardari party will also go and GO TO HELL America... I mean how can they do this he killed 2 persons and one person was killed by his fellows... I don't have words to explain my grief and anger :mad:

I understand your grief and anger, and also their justifications, but the ROOTS of the "slavery" that you describe are deep and will not be dug up with this one incident. It will take decades of hard work in education and social and economic progress before any shackles can be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom