Ray of hope for 'tainted trio'

WaseemBhai

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
dave-richardson-640.jpg

WASEEM SIDDIQUI

He was not Imran Khan. He was not Waseem Akram. He was not Waqar Younus.

He did not match Imran in speed. He could not swing the ball both ways as Waseem. He was not able to bowl lethal toe-crushing yorkers at will like Waqar.

But he was only an 18-year old. Naive and unable to understand the dirty politics. But he was considered to Imran, Waseem and Waqar one day. He was the hottest property on world cricket at that early stage of his career.

He was not Dennis Lillee. He was not Allan Donald. He was not Glen McGrath. But he was considered to be the most potent new ball bowler of his age. People used to compare him to McGrath not for nothing.

Both these two had one thing in common. They were both Pakistan's future. And had to leave the circuit---disgraced and tainted.

They had another Pakistani with them. They forever will have to live with their sins. Labelled cheaters and known as 'tainted trio'.

The third one was not a Sunil Gavaskar. Not a Gorden Greenidge. Not even Saeed Anwar. But still at a relatively young age was holding the mantle of being Pakistan Skipper. He had the promise of one day becoming a great.

But, alas, all three of them are wandering into oblivion.

Not only they and their families are standing degraded and disgraced the Pakistan cricket and for that matter the whole nation have been ridiculed because of them. They committed a crime and their actions cannot be condoned at any level.

Still they have been punished enough. A punishment is meant to be a deterrent. If a criminal serves his sentence, becomes repentant and is ready to lead a clean life he deserves to be given a second chance.And the three are not hardened criminals, killers or terrorists.

Amidst all the hype surrounding the Twenty-20 World Cup in Bangladesh a very important development went unnoticed. A statement by ICC CEO David Richardson said that the ICC is considering changes in its rule with an aim to 'integrate' banned players.

This brings a ray of hope for banned players who can now look forward to playing competitive cricket before their ban period is over.

The Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) of the ICC is considering changes in its rules with an aim to 'integrate' banned players and the new code will be implemented as early as June, Richardson said on Friday.

There are some amendments being considered to the anti-corruption code, and one of those amendments deal with how we we integrate back into cricket, Richardson said.

"So if someone is banned for five years, can he come and play domestic cricket or club cricket a little bit earlier, so that when his five-year ban expires internationally he can resume his career. The revised code will deal with that."

Richardson said it will not be dealing specifically with an individual's case; but it will be principles that might be applied to decide who might be banned now or in future'" Richardson clarified.

It may still not be enough for Mohammad Aamir, Mohammad Asif and Salman Butt to be able to play in the 2015 World Cup.The ICC has indicated that even if there is a relaxation given to Aamir in his five year ban it will come after the World Cup.

"The committee has so far not submitted the findings and are expected to do so at the next meeting in April.," an ICC official was of the view.

A Pakistan Cricket Board official has been quoted as saying that its chairman Najam Sethi has been told by the ICC that even if Aamir gets some relaxation in his ban it would not be for more than four to five months which means he will be still out of the World Cup.

Aamir is the most likely to return to world cricket as he still would be only 23 by the end of his term. At present he can't even use the PCB facilities or train under its coaches and trainers and some relaxation would still go a long way in helping him return to international cricket.

103150683-jpg_102141.jpg

Last edited:
I think Pakistan needs to have zero tolerance for Match fixers and give them exemplary Punishments so that others may think a hundred time before traversing the same path. These low life people play with the emotions of their National Fans and don't deserve an iota of Sympathy.

I think Pakistan needs to have zero tolerance for Match fixers and give them exemplary Punishments so that others may think a hundred time before traversing the same path. These low life people play with the emotions of their National Fans and don't deserve an iota of Sympathy.

Sir,

You seem like a smart man living in the U S----living under the laws of the united states of america---. How about if the local cop decided to charge you with a FELONY offence for a crime which is normally charged as an INFRACTION---just because he did not like your face and wanted to set an example for those with similar features and skin color---.

Spot fixing was never a criminal offence----technically NONE BENEFITTED in the betting world----. As nobody benefitted---then where was the crime.

This was the same answer given by London police commissioner to news reporters who were pushing for investigation of some police officers---. He says---no one benefitted so where lay the crime!

Hi,

If we wnt to punish the players---then you need to look into the bank accounts of Saeed Anwar, Waqar Younis, Waseem krm, Inzi,----. seed anwr had close to 6 billion rupees---Inzi----10 to 12 billion ---Wseem krm---20 billion--Wqr Younis round 18 billion ruppees---.

Hi,

If we wnt to punish the players---then you need to look into the bank accounts of Saeed Anwar, Waqar Younis, Waseem krm, Inzi,----. seed anwr had close to 6 billion rupees---Inzi----10 to 12 billion ---Wseem krm---20 billion--Wqr Younis round 18 billion ruppees---.

Sir i think the figures you are quoting are too much.....

Sir i think the figures you are quoting are too much.....

I don't have a problem if you come up with your numbers----.

You people would know that Salman Butt's dad is a bookie and so is Umar and kamran Akmal's dad---.

I don't have a problem if you come up with your numbers----.

You people would know that Salman Butt's dad is a bookie and so is Umar and kamran Akmal's dad---.

I don't know the numbers, so i was merely surprised.

First of all..very well posted @waseem bhai,excellent write up and fantastic analysis,just flawless...:D
The current scenario is making me think in the same line.I think that PCB must file request to ICC to reconsider them.

Any one who sells the nation/national interest for personal gain, must never be allowed back in the team. No one is ever great enough to be condoned for selling sacred mother.

Back
Top Bottom