What's new

Rashid Minhas (Original Voice) 1971

"....................

Having joined the air force, he was commissioned on 13 March, 1971 in the 51st GD(P) Course; on August 20 of that year, he was getting ready to take off in a T-33 trainer in Karachi when an East Pakistani Instructor pilot, Flight Lieutenant Matiur Rahman, gained his way into the back of the plane. He has been reported to have been watching Minhas closely for many weeks for his being new, young and inexperienced. In mid-air, Rahman knocked Minhas out with the intention of defecting to India along with the plane.

This is also not clear. Did Rahman force his way into the plane?
How is it possible? T-33 is a small 2 seater plane. Its impossible to get into the cockpit without assistance. Also, how is it possible that the other pilot is not aware about the forceful entry of the second pilot before the take-off?
Something simply doesn't add up in this statement.

This is also not clear. Did Rahman force his way into the plane?
How is it possible? T-33 is a small 2 seater plane. Its impossible to get into the cockpit without assistance. Also, how is it possible that the other pilot is not aware about the forceful entry of the second pilot before the take-off?
Something simply doesn't add up in this statement.

Wonder how can there be a tussle in such a cramped cockpit. Also the seats are arranged front to back.
How can anyone really know what really happened inside the cockpit since both the pilots didn't survive..

very clever of you :blah:

well watch this video... it should give you an idea..
Watch pt9 from 2:00

Last edited by a moderator:
While Rasheed Minshas was awarded Nishan-E-Haider his co-pilot (Bengali defector) was awarded Bir Shreshtho in Bangladesh.

Nishan - E- Haider for Pakistan = Bir Shreshtho for Bangladesh.

GB

Hyllo Guyzz.. Well This Research nd That Vdo Which I Post its Saying The Truth. that wat was happened..

HE RECIEVED A REWARD "SHAHEED" FROM ALLAH. So Who is Againt Our Hero . So Guyz Just Forget About Them Who Cares ? Nd Just Feel Proud Just Because Of OUR HERO. :)

INSHALLAH I WILL SHARE ALL OF MY RE SEARCH ABOUT PAK ARMY.

THANKS.
(I AM USING PROXY SITE BECAUSE MY NETWORK IS NOT OPEN FULL FORUM PAGE GOOGLE ADZ ARE NOT LOADING :S . SORY )

Last edited:
Which Version of the T-33A was the Martyred Pilot Flying?

No nothing like this happend.
Now this is what took place Mati was a senior Instructor and Rashid was doing his 3rd solo just couple of hours of experience, While he was taxing out Mati took his jeep told him to stop Rashid opened the canopy so he can hear what Mati is saying Mati climbed the left wing got into the back seat can told him to continue. Rashid knew all bangalis were grounded but as Mati was a senior Inst he was confused he kept telling the ATC that mati has climbed on board and want to fly with me by the time ATC figured out Mati took the back stick out which is a 2 sec thing to hit him that is how IPs used to hit the pilot when they did something wrong, But he didn't got knocked out both controls are the same Mati was a more powerful than him they started fighting to get the control's by the time Rashid realised he was going towards India at 50 ft under the radar, Cecil Chaudhry and wing commander Butt AKA Mota Butt took of in sabers.
Mati as he jumped in he didn't take his ejection seat pin out Ist mistake second he did not have any controls except the stick , Thro and rudders.
Rashid could have done a thousand things to kill Mati
1. kill the Master Switch off
2. dump the fuel tanks.
3. Pull the ejection cord. By that he would have ejected and Mati would have been roasted by his rocket's all controls gone Mati Burnt he would have cashed.
If you guys don't know the GIBS is the first one to eject in a duel seater for the same reason I explained. And T-33 is a big plane and a very simple trainer to fly you don't needs Airmen to strap your harnesses you do it your self it take hardly 20 sec to do it.
At 300knt 50 ft AGL it will take the plane 1.5 sec to hit the ground, Rashid during the tussle the plane was so close to the ground they just went into the ground yes they were 40 miles aways from the boarder.

Wonder how can there be a tussle in such a cramped cockpit. Also the seats are arranged front to back.
How can anyone really know what really happened inside the cockpit since both the pilots didn't survive..

One reason was that it was a solo flight, rashid minhas was to fly it all by himself and the Bengali pilot was a Flt Lt who was not supposed to be in the aircraft, plus it went down just near the border, and the BAF also awarded him for trying to steal a PAF aircraft. So you can do the maths.

And there was no physical tussle in the cockpit as its tandem seated aircraft. The tussle was with the controls, as it was a trainer aircraft so both pilots must have flying controls in their seats. And the aircraft going down just near the border and Rashid Minhas contacting the ATC very late in the flight clearly shows he was knocked out in some way. Logically when he came in consciousness, he must have realized what was happening as flight controls were in front of him & he must have realized where the plane was going.

BAF gave the Flt Lt their highest award just to counter the PAF, as PAF gave it to their pilot for saving it & showing heroism and the BAF gave it to him for treason.

If you want my opinion there is only one pilot who earned Nishan-e-Haider that was Sarfaraz Rafique no one else but him deserved it. But the high command at that time well I don't know what they were thinking.

Knowledge

Rashid Minhas was course mate of EX-COAS Kaleem Sadat.
I had 3 students I had to choose 2 the 3 were , Shahid Latif, Rashid Latif and Rashid Minhas, I wrote there name on 3 pieces of paper threw it in a hat so called the section hat and pulled out 2 names Rashid was not among them, I got Shahid EX-VCOAS and Rashid Latif EX-VSOAC. Minhas went to Mati.
You can call it Faith, Destiny , Gods will, Devils doing what ever but the fact is that it was his time go, God bless hid soul.:pakistan:

One reason was that it was a solo flight, rashid minhas was to fly it all by himself and the Bengali pilot was a Flt Lt who was not supposed to be in the aircraft, plus it went down just near the border, and the BAF also awarded him for trying to steal a PAF aircraft. So you can do the maths.

And there was no physical tussle in the cockpit as its tandem seated aircraft. The tussle was with the controls, as it was a trainer aircraft so both pilots must have flying controls in their seats. And the aircraft going down just near the border and Rashid Minhas contacting the ATC very late in the flight clearly shows he was knocked out in some way. Logically when he came in consciousness, he must have realized what was happening as flight controls were in front of him & he must have realized where the plane was going.

BAF gave the Flt Lt their highest award just to counter the PAF, as PAF gave it to their pilot for saving it & showing heroism and the BAF gave it to him for treason.

My friend I was there that day so I know what I am saying , you talk about tandem seats you can beat the **** out of the pilot sitting infront of you . IPs used to hit there students so hard that they used to comedown bleeding like a pig. When the Instructor used to say I have the controls that meant he is ready to throw you a beat.

As a Pilot Officer you are on probation 1 word from your senior and you are thrown out no questions asked the fear factor which lead him to stop plus the person who taught him to fly is more than a man to him respect.

So u dont believe on this

i heard both the Pilots Rashid Minhas and the other quarralled/fighted in the plane? but in this youtube video there wasn't such thing?

Back
Top Bottom