What's new

Rare Pictures of Quaid-e-Azam.

117399427_3318851351538955_1733461602731616051_o.jpg

1605618409268.png

Mr JINNAH AND HIS TAILOR

I was fortunate to obtain a photograph of a letter written by M.A. Jinnah to his tailor Hamid which I am enclosing. For years I procrastinated in obtaining a copy of this letter and I managed to do so shortly before Hamid’s grandson closed up shop and like so many others left for Canada. At that time I was living in Quetta and Lahore and began to use Hamid’s services in the 70s when his shop was located on Victoria Road opposite Zainab Market Karachi.
What is there to say? Here is the great Quaid-e-Azam writing to his tailor in his own hand asking him if he could see him at 2.30 pm and then goes on to say that if this time was inconvenient for him to please ring his secretary and fix another early appointment. He does not order his secretary to telephone Hamid and ask him to appear at a time desired by the Quaid or at once but requests him to come at 2.30 pm on the 11th of December 1947 and even more unusually he says ‘if you cannot come ring up my secretary and fix an early appointment.

View attachment 688788

Mr JINNAH AND HIS TAILOR

I was fortunate to obtain a photograph of a letter written by M.A. Jinnah to his tailor Hamid which I am enclosing. For years I procrastinated in obtaining a copy of this letter and I managed to do so shortly before Hamid’s grandson closed up shop and like so many others left for Canada. At that time I was living in Quetta and Lahore and began to use Hamid’s services in the 70s when his shop was located on Victoria Road opposite Zainab Market Karachi.
What is there to say? Here is the great Quaid-e-Azam writing to his tailor in his own hand asking him if he could see him at 2.30 pm and then goes on to say that if this time was inconvenient for him to please ring his secretary and fix another early appointment. He does not order his secretary to telephone Hamid and ask him to appear at a time desired by the Quaid or at once but requests him to come at 2.30 pm on the 11th of December 1947 and even more unusually he says ‘if you cannot come ring up my secretary and fix an early appointment.

It was certainly very unfortunate to lose a leader like him so early. Had he been there for another 5-10 years, Pakistan's destinty would have been different.

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah Listening To The Hindu Community In Peshawar, 21st April 1948.

1607117048410.png

1607630262755.png

Air Marshal Asghar Khan With Miss Fatima Jinnah During The Presidential Election Campaign In Peshawar, 1964.

Mrs Asghar Khan And Mrs Rehman Are Also Visible.

Courtesy - Dr Ghulam Nabi Kazi Collection

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah Poses With Tribal Elders In Landi Kotal, Khyber Pass. Circa 1948.

1608756002091.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom