What's new

Rajputs of Pakistan

Rajputs are 15 million in Pakistan. 30 million jats of which 20 million live in Punjab. Arains are not rajputs, they are 10 million. Gujjars about 4 million. Then there is shiekh who are basically people from different castes like khatris, rajputs etc who claim fake arab ancestry their population is 11 million.

Awan population is around 5 million. And 6 million fake syeds who claim direct ancestry from prophet. 5-6 million dalits from different castes. And lot of other castes like kamboh, khatris etc for more information visit joshuoproject site.

That Joshupora is a christian extremist missionary website, you believe in their BS that is alarming.

About 1 million in Pakistan punjab claim to be Mughal, fake ancestry unless you are Hazara.

Bhai jan punjabi tarkhan/lohar use "mughal" or "mirza" as their surname in punjab. Punjabi Kumhar use "rehmani" as their surname, punjabi julaha use " ansari" , mirasi use "qureshi", teli use "malik" surnames. There are many others kammi groups in punjab who use very fancy surnames that sound arabic, persian and central asian because they never had any surnames in the past they were called with profession names which they did not like so they invented many surnames for themselves.

That Joshupora is a christian extremist missionary website, you believe in their BS that is alarming.

Bhai jan punjabi tarkhan/lohar use "mughal" or "mirza" as their surname in punjab. Punjabi Kumhar use "rehmani" as their surname, punjabi julaha use " ansari" , mirasi use "qureshi", teli use "malik" surnames. There are many others kammi groups in punjab who use very fancy surnames that sound arabic, persian and central asian because they never had any surnames in the past they were called with profession names which they did not like so they invented many surnames for themselves.

Yep, anyone in Punjab who have these surnames names are considered kami logh. At least in central punjab.

no way bro gujjars are the biggest out of everybody.
gujrat, gujran wall , guar khan all three in top cities.

Gujranwala is a jatt heartland eventhough its name is from Gujjars. Gujjars have very modest numbers in gujranwala.

Yep, anyone in Punjab who have these surnames names are considered kami logh. At least in central punjab.

I respect all people including kammis but many people in bigger cities assume that if someone has "mughal" or "qureshi" surname then he is indeed one, I just want to educate them that it is not correct in 95 % cases atleast in central parts of punjab.

Brahmins are not considered worthy of being proud of in punjab. In Pakistan brahmins converts usually adopted sheikh or syed title.

You are absolutely right punjabi brahmins most probably took the title of sheikh or syed, there is no other way we can have so many sheikhs and syeds in punjab. A large number of businessmen sheikh are though from muslim khatri families. But even in india punjabi Brahmins and khatris are quite cohessive group against sikh jatts.

What is the perc of such converts. ....? I think it will be very low than others. ........
Key highlight from many Pakistani poster who generally curse baniya Hindus has themselves Hindu roots. ........ BHAGWAN UNKO SALAMAT RAKHE.........

Sheikhs are mostly educated and are primarily an urban people in punjab. But vast majority of pakistani punjabis belong to rural communities like jatts, gujjars, rajput, arain etc.

gujjars are the biggest tribe.
we gujjars make up 15-20 percent of total pakistani population

Nice, Never knew that.

conditions are awesome we ruling pakistan my nigga.

Good to know that :)

yo son im a khattana lmfao

Many, khattana's here too...but bhatti's and Nagar's are more in numbers.

And yeah a word of advice, it would have been better if u would have shed that African American tone of speaking, yo,son,nigga etc :)

in pakistan as well
oh yeah son gujjar khattana zamindar as well

Most here are zamindars, pardhans and Numberdars ;)

We have Rajputs in Nepal who immigrated some time ago from Rajasthan, they ruled Nepal under the Rana dynasty.

Salam to all. There is some misconceptions about the Arain people of Pakistan. Lot of people think that Arain r the locals of indian subcontinent and it's not correct. Actually Arains are the descendants of those Arab tribes who entered in indian subcontinent accompanying Ummayad general, Muhammad Bin Qasim in 711 A.D. in the reign of Ummayad chilaphate. There were several well known Arab tribes i.e. Banu Asad, banu Umayya, banu Tamim, Banu Kalb, Banu Sama, banu Aziz, banu Saleem, Banu Himyar. The fighters of these tribes had defeated Raja Dahir of Sindh. They were permanently settled in subcontinent. The detailed history of the Arains could be found in their historic books like Tareekh e Araian. Tareekh e Araian is written by the references of Chach nama, Tareekh Masumi and Tareekh Farishta. There is detail history in these books about the town Areeha, about Muhammad Bin Qasim, and about the Arab fighter tribes who accompanied bin Qasim. According to these historic books they were known as Areehai due having their roots from a town in modern Palistine "Areeha" Jericho and some were known to be Al Raees that later to b known as Arain. Several Arain families are continue to follow up their Arabic traditions and write their Arabic teritorial names like Amani, Saleemi, Shaami and Hijazi. Naseem Hijazi the well known Islamic historian was also an Arain. General Zia Ul Haq great general in the history of Pakistan Army, imposed martial law for eleven years in the country, was also Arain. Even according to some resources Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto wad also Arain. Arain is a Martial race and Pakistan Army have good consideration of Arain men. In British time too Arain were considered to be a martial race but their was a small transition where Arain were not favoured for the British army and its due to freedom fighter Moulana Shah Abdul Qadir Ludhianvi who was also an Arain, gave fatwa against British colonial rule and rose his power against British. But Arain once again had proved their potential availabilities and the restriction from the army was removed. British were started to recruit Arain again for the Army. In world war 2 my grandfather had served British Army and there were resealable Arains at that time too in British army. Arain are also the well recognized agriculturists, between 1906 to 1940, 86% of the agricultural tracts were allotted to Muslim Arain tribes all over the Punjab and Sindh. Arain have also proved themselves as industrialist and have produced great sportsmen like Wasim Akram the king of swing and the proud name of Pakistan field hockey team like Shehbaz Senior.

Last edited:

Punjabi Kumhars are absolutely different from indian kumhars. Even during NAbi SAW era, the most poor were the ones who accepted islam first. Kumhars or Mian or Rehmani as they are called are the muslim in true sense. After 1965 war they moved to Lahore from Hadiaara village and now they are pursuing political, economic, educational and social ambitions. Society dont give them as much respect as they deserve but they will snatch it IA. I am a Rehmani or Mian kumhar.My cousins/relatives are CSP officers, PHDs in microbiology, my extended family has tens of doctors and engineers etc. One works for World Bank, another for Schlumberger.Stop subjugating us and crushing us, accept us, we r your brothers. We will defend and Islam. But dont misuse our shareefness. Allah o Akbar.

Last edited:
Most pakistani rajputs i come across in england are bainse rajputs.What is their origins and how come they are mostly from mirpur.

Most pakistani rajputs i come across in england are bainse rajputs.What is their origins and how come they are mostly from mirpur.
There is no solid theory of Rajput orgins; but most scholars can agree they were foreign - most likely branching from the White Huns.

There are 16,854,000 Rajputs in Pakistan out of the total Rajput Population of 19,543,000.

My family is from Sialkot and iam a sialkotti rajput :D
and Indian?

There is no solid theory of Rajput orgins; but most scholars can agree they were foreign - most likely branching from the White Huns.

There are 16,854,000 Rajputs in Pakistan out of the total Rajput Population of 19,543,000.
out of total Rajput population of subcontinent?

I'am bains rajput to lol.

My parents are from mirpur.

Could you please show me where you got your information from.

Could you please show me where you got your information from.
I remember reading it from a credible source; but that post is 7 months old... it'll take me some time to find the same source. I'll tag you once it's found.

Why is it that most bains trace their origin from mirpur.The ones we see in north punjab were uprooted by mangla dam in mirpur.Were the bains always restricted to mirpur.

Back
Top Bottom