What's new

Rajoana Hanging case,Punjab on alert,a curious case of Indian system

Prometheus

Reaction score
Country
India
Looks like whole of Punjab administration is trying to avoid hanging of Balwant Singh Rajoana..........CM is in Delhi to meet President and PM.........Jailer of Patiala has returned death order twice( lol)
Akal Thakt has ordered Chief Minister and chief of SGPC to save Rajoana at any cost and declared him a jinda saheed.
I am looking yellow all over the city........People wearing yellow.....shops have hanged yellow flags ........vehicles are doing the same.
Even Granthis of Golden temple are wearing yellow as oposed to their normal blue turbans.

I have never seen this kind of protest in my life in Punjab......hopefully everything will pass peacefully and we will not see any riots in the land of Gurus.
28 of March has been declared a Punjab Bandh......hope punjabis are ready for troubled weeks ahead.

Cause of the problem is that Rajoana has not filled a clemancy petition and wants to die.
On lighter note , If hanging goes forward , we might see a first ever Fatwa issued by Akal thakt.............and our Prime minister might be washing utensils in gurudawars for many many months......lol (PS- Akal Thakt has never issued a fatwa.....we might have a history in making)

Note- this thread is not about Khalistan ,plz avoid it.This about Indian Judiciary system and security of state of Punjab

This stems form the government attack on the Golden Temple. The Khalistanis who armed themselves and put the temple in the line of fire are to blame for the assault, not the government.

The government created the NSG after the siege so it would not have to send in the regular army during such situations. The government learned its lesson and no such siege of the temple was needed when extremeists once again put the temple in the line of fire.

Indira Ghandi paid the price for using the army to assault the temple. She was assassinated. The Sikhs of Delhi paid the price for her assassination.

The Congress MPs, and their thugs who murdered Sikhs in the riots in Delhi have yet to face justice. This needs to be resolved.

This man assassinated the CM of Punjab. He also needs to face justice.

The people who murdered during the 1084 riots should put on trial then hanged beside Rajoana.

They all put their own politics before the nation. They all deserve the fate of traitors.

No but if they are asking for clemency then shouldn' they be talking to President and i think Home Minister. Its President who has to take the decision and someone from the government has to transfer his case to President.

I don't see why government shouldn't do it. I mean if people want it and it can maintain peace, whats the problem ?? I mean its not like that death sentence is common in India.

Also i just have to ask...Its 2012 my friend its more than 15 years. How long did it took to bring charges ??? When was the verdict given ??? This itself is a failure...he is still alive...

Just look at the Mumbai case....how can it take so long to prosecute a guy who was caught red handed. NIA itself is the biggest failure...i mean 26/11 case, the culprite should have been awarded sentence within a week and by the month end the sentence should have been carried out or just take 6 months but that a$$hole is still there.

No but if they are asking for clemency then shouldn' they be talking to President and i think Home Minister. Its President who has to take the decision and someone from the government has to transfer his case to President.

I don't see why government shouldn't do it. I mean if people want it and it can maintain peace, whats the problem ?? I mean its not like that death sentence is common in India.

Also i just have to ask...Its 2012 my friend its more than 15 years. How long did it took to bring charges ??? When was the verdict given ??? This itself is a failure...he is still alive...

Just look at the Mumbai case....how can it take so long to prosecute a guy who was caught red handed. NIA itself is the biggest failure...i mean 26/11 case, the culprite should have been awarded sentence within a week and by the month end the sentence should have been carried out or just take 6 months but that a$$hole is still there.

Sorry it does not make sense, this guy killed democratically elected CM of India, if they let him go there would be no respect for justice system in india, Indians should let the courts deal with the case, emotions aside.....

Sorry it does not make sense, this guy killed democratically elected CM of India, if they let him go there would be no respect for justice system in india, Indians should let the courts deal with the case, emotions aside.....

In the name of peace and harmony, law can take the back seat.

I believe killers of rajiv gandhi have been grant clemancy!
And more over, what respect of indian justice system u talking about mate? The same that wasnt able to find the murders of 1984? Or the same which gave clemency to two persons who were ever convicted for it ?

Another funny thing our Home minister once said sikhs should forget 1984 ........ Why cant it be applied to indian justice system( as the system have already forgotten 1984)

Mate, if the hanging proceed, i am sorry to say but world might put palestine behind and will start talking about punjab( i believe u got the point)

In the name of peace and harmony, law can take the back seat.

I believe killers of rajiv gandhi have been grant clemancy!
And more over, what respect of indian justice system u talking about mate? The same that wasnt able to find the murders of 1984? Or the same which gave clemency to two persons who were ever convicted for it ?

Another funny thing our Home minister once said sikhs should forget 1984 ........ Why cant it be applied to indian justice system( as the system have already forgotten 1984)

Mate, if the hanging proceed, i am sorry to say but world might put palestine behind and will start talking about punjab( i believe u got the point)

Sorry it didnt make sense, so if someone kills a democratically elected CM, he should be granted clemency just cuz few groups want him to see free ?

would like to know what are the future implications of this ? will the govt release all criminals i.e afzal guru. kasab etc etc ???? no sorry i beg to differ these barbaric killers who killed innocent people in broad daylight infront of media should be hanged untill death to prevent any further cowboys.

wow.. Prosecutor turning out to be defendant. when the convict is not appealing for clemency, there is nothing left to appeal. mockery of the rule of law by the so called guardians of the same!!

Sorry it didnt make sense, so if someone kills a democratically elected CM, he should be granted clemency just cuz few groups want him to see free ?

would like to know what are the future implications of this ? will the govt release all criminals i.e afzal guru. kasab etc etc ???? no sorry i beg to differ these barbaric killers who killed innocent people in broad daylight infront of media should be hanged untill death to prevent any further cowboys.

Step by step answer-

A democratically elected Prime minister was killed and his killers got clemancy.I believe CM is junior to PM of India.

A few group that you are saying includes AKAL THAKT, the importance of it cannot be explaniend easily. ( better will be to google or check wiki). In short , its the spiritual head of all the sikhs in the world.Lol, it ordered CM of Punjab to stop the execution at any cost ( note ordered)

Future implications- Riots all over Punjab, Resurgence of Insurgency, Punjab making frequent headlines in the BBC / CNN for all the undesirable news, Bloodshed, possible repeat of 1984, monuments on his name, possibly his picture in the golden temple

About afzal guru /kasab- Case is different. Both afzal guru and kasab have filed a mercy plea and people wants opposite of that. In this case , govt has filled a mercy plea but the this person wants opposite of it ( he wants to be a martyr)

About barbaric killer--- plz check that two persons convicted for 1984 riots ( which killed over 4000 sikhs in just 3 days) were given clemency by our system........and this person was invoved in killing of only one person who was himself invoved in human rites abuses (beant singh)

Step by step answer-

A democratically elected Prime minister was killed and his killers got clemancy.I believe CM is junior to PM of India.

A few group that you are saying includes AKAL THAKT, the importance of it cannot be explaniend easily. ( better will be to google or check wiki). In short , its the spiritual head of all the sikhs in the world.Lol, it ordered CM of Punjab to stop the execution at any cost ( note ordered)

Future implications- Riots all over Punjab, Resurgence of Insurgency, Punjab making frequent headlines in the BBC / CNN for all the undesirable news, Bloodshed, possible repeat of 1984, monuments on his name, possibly his picture in the golden temple

About afzal guru /kasab- Case is different. Both afzal guru and kasab have filed a mercy plea and people wants opposite of that. In this case , govt has filled a mercy plea but the this person wants opposite of it ( he wants to be a martyr)

About barbaric killer--- plz check that two persons convicted for 1984 riots ( which killed over 4000 sikhs in just 3 days) were given clemency by our system........and this person was invoved in killing of only one person who was himself invoved in human rites abuses (beant singh)

Sorry that sentence is bit hard to comprehend, the killer of punjab CM should be set free cuz you are scared of BBC and CNN ? plzzzz

the guy who attaked parliament building is still not hanged.. kasab is not hanged. both being muslims. lots of people were happy when beant singh was killed. this guy is heor for many sikhs. if this goes on things will change in punjab. i m pretty sure about this.

the guy who attaked parliament building is still not hanged.. kasab is not hanged. both being muslims. lots of people were happy when beant singh was killed. this guy is heor for many sikhs. if this goes on things will change in punjab. i m pretty sure about this.

a killer cannot be a hero, having said that Indian judicial system should also punish those who were involved in the riots after IG's death this will set the records straight.

Sorry that sentence is bit hard to comprehend, the killer of punjab CM should be set free cuz you are scared of BBC and CNN ? plzzzz

Future !!!!

Now news channels talk about foreign occupation in Palestine / tibet etc..............time can come (if things wrostenned) Punjab might join the list as insurgency will come back

Now did you got it?

my friend.. there is a difference though. Kasab's appeal is still in the court of law & afzal guru has applied for clemency, which is yet to be heard, whereas Rajoana has neither contested his punishment nor has he appealed for clemency. Although i'm of the view that the crime committed by both kasab & afzal guru are of greater magnitude, needs to be hanged without wasting any delay. then again..law is law. If a state itself refuses to follow the rule of law.. then we are nothing less than a banana republic!

a killer cannot be a hero, having said that Indian judicial system should also punish those who were involved in the riots after IG's death this will set the records straight.

Are you talking about prosecuting biggies like Amitabh Bachann( ya you read it rite), Mr.kamal nath ( cabinet minister) , Jagdish tytler( former MP), Sajjan Kumar(former MP, he made his brother MP in his place when he was forced to vacate cance his ticket after the "shoe-side attack " on Chidambaram)

Back
Top Bottom