What's new

Rajiv Gandhi assassination: Date set for hanging

I am against Hanging BUT its shamefull ppl just trying to protect smone based on region cast and creed. The law of land must be equally applied to everyone.

If these three are pardoned for being Tamil then Kasab ang Guru shld be pardoned as well.

when they came to India to kill Rajeev Gandhi they were on suicide mission. Lets get together and help them complete their mission.

And what about the 1 lack people(civilian) who were eliminated in the Eelam war by your army. did your army was so different from the LTTE, the LTTE never raped your women, where as you raped Tamil women for the fun of revenge and self pleasure.
Will you bring the accused to the justice? will you ?

LOL, 1 lack? There was an election last month, just check how many Tamils have voted for government.
Just a min, I'll give a link to a clip you'll get answers from Tamils who lived there. (it's in English but most talk in Tamil)

-----------

here's the clip. (I hope you won't watch this until to the end!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am against Hanging BUT its shamefull ppl just trying to protect smone based on region cast and creed. The law of land must be equally applied to everyone.

If these three are pardoned for being Tamil then Kasab ang Guru shld be pardoned as well.
if the govenment takes as long as 12 years to decide on a mercy peal, Afsal and Kasab also need to get pardoned.
Its not that we are asking clemency of one set and prohibiting the same for the other.
Our constitution speeks of speedy trails, but that was not the case here. its the fault of the Government to take a very long leave on this issue.
As i have already asked, did the president and home minister shaved each other private hair for this long to take a decession, that the convicts have to expect a mercy peal for this long. or atleast should have not taken a decession untli they are dead in the jail because of natural reasons

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

LOL, 1 lack? There was an election last month, just check how many Tamils have voted for government.
Just a min, I'll give a link to a clip you'll get answers from Tamils who lived there. (it's in English but most talk in Tamil)

-----------

here's the clip. (I hope you won't watch this until to the end!)

buddy, even the Nazi Germany showed a better picture of the Concentration camps in video, you have to see the movie "The boy in the stripped pijamas"

Last edited by a moderator:
a murderer was murdered... nothing abhorrent here....as i said these three should be hung not for the murder of that turd rajiv..but for the others killed and that it will set a bad precedent....

You mean no one should be hanged if Rajiv was murdered by a sniper? then ur theory is rebutted by yourself.
a murderer was murdered... nothing abhorrent here

Pls get real. Not all (non-Congress) Tamils are LTTE / TERROR supporters. Only smaller parties, and want-to-be-a Che-Guevara lead(dream)ers (Thiruma, Seemaan) fight a war which could not be won literally, only to boost their image and gain politically. Some brainwashed, narrow minded people follow them.

Today, I see Thiruma gives advertisements in evening papers praising Sengodi (killed herself) and indirectly calls more youngster to burn themselves.

Suddenly so many ppl becoming human rights activist.

Are you aware there are cases pending even older that these ltte terrorists why did no one cared about those.

It's quite interesting and enlightening to read the comments of ordinary Indians on this issue:

Madras HC stays execution of Rajiv Gandhi's killers - The Times of India

(comments are at the bottom of the article)

What's clear is that a great majority appear to think that the staying was wrong and that Tamil Nadu made a wrong move by asking for clemency for the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi.

Tamil Nadu's sympathy for the LTTE keeps popping up in the discussions and I am glad for this. Tamil Nadu seems to be developing a reputation for being anti-national (in an Indian sense), very tribal and extremist and many Indians appear to be realising this fact through this issue. Tamil Nadu's loud posturing on Sri Lanka now looks puerile.

In my opinion those found guilty of taking part in assassinating Rajiv Gandhi should be hanged (2 of the guilty are Sri Lankans) as an example to other terrorists in India (with a knock-on effect on separatists in Sri Lanka). India has been, in general, far too lenient on terrorists that roam its lands, and far too accommodating of Tamil militancy and extremism.

It's ridiculous to champion the cause of the assassins of an Indian ex-prime minister simply because they may belong to one's own ethnic group (whatever that ethnic group may be).

It's quite interesting and enlightening to read the comments of ordinary Indians on this issue:

Madras HC stays execution of Rajiv Gandhi's killers - The Times of India

(comments are at the bottom of the article)

What's clear is that a great majority appear to think that the staying was wrong and that Tamil Nadu made a wrong move by asking for clemency for the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi.

Tamil Nadu's sympathy for the LTTE keeps popping up in the discussions and I am glad for this. Tamil Nadu seems to be developing a reputation for being anti-national (in an Indian sense), very tribal and extremist and many Indians appear to be realising this fact through this issue. Tamil Nadu's loud posturing on Sri Lanka now looks puerile.

In my opinion those found guilty of taking part in assassinating Rajiv Gandhi should be hanged (2 of the guilty are Sri Lankans) as an example to other terrorists in India (with a knock-on effect on separatists in Sri Lanka). India has been, in general, far too lenient on terrorists that roam its lands, and far too accommodating of Tamil militancy and extremism.

It's ridiculous to champion the cause of the assassins of an Indian ex-prime minister simply because they may belong to one's own ethnic group (whatever that ethnic group may be).
you stupid, do not try to create propaganda saying that the Tamils are against the national interest. This is a free country where every one has the right to speek what they feel is right. not like your country, where you declare a section as 2nd class citizens and create a freedom fighting movement and endup reducing the minority population by 50%.
Get a life and shed the hatred.
we who ask for clemency is not to instigate violence, but for mercy. not to create a mess but to uphold the higher princliples on which my countries constitution is built. Not like your country, my country gives special previlages to the minority section and the backward class.
The people from the rest of INDIA will not fall for you false propaganda that TN is trying to slip out of INDIA. we are proud to call ourself INDIAN, but we are not proud to call ourselves Tamils because being a Tamil we were not able to stop the killing and raping of my brothers and sisters resply.
Now go and fu*k off with your hatred some where else.
It seems that you are not satisfied with the killing of Tamils in your country, that you want the Tamils in INDIA to also be wiped out with the help of my own country men

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Suddenly so many ppl becoming human rights activist.

Are you aware there are cases pending even older that these ltte terrorists why did no one cared about those.
If a man/women commits a sin for a cause of a larger population or for self ammusment they should be given a chance to change in the jail rather than hanging them.
Hanging can be prohibited by solitary confinment. which i feel is the highest punishment.

you stupid, do not try to create propaganda saying that the Tamils are against the national interest. This is a free country where every one has the right to speek what they feel is right. not like your country, where you declare a section as 2nd class citizens and create a freedom fighting movement and endup reducing the minority population by 50%.
Get a life and shed the hatred.
we who ask for clemency is not to instigate violence, but for mercy. not to create a mess but to uphold the higher princliples on which my countries constitution is built. Not like your country, my country gives special previlages to the minority section and the backward class.
The people from the rest of INDIA will not fall for you false propaganda that TN is trying to slip out of INDIA. we are proud to call ourself INDIAN, but we are not proud to call ourselves Tamils because being a Tamil we were not able to stop the killing and raping of my brothers and sisters resply.
Now go and fu*k off with your hatred some where else.
It seems that you are not satisfied with the killing of Tamils in your country, that you want the Tamils in INDIA to also be wiped out with the help of my own country men

Seems I have touched a raw nerve with my comments? I do stand by them though. Even at the Bharat-Rakshak forum many Indian members are echoing what I have said above. Also do read the comments of other Indians in the link I provided above. Perhaps they might enlighten you as to what other non-Tamil Indians have on their mind. There certainly is a high level of Tamil tribalism displayed by Tamil Nadu on this issue and that is regrettable, because the country should come first, not one's own ethnic loyalties.

As I have mentioned many times in the past, Tamil interests do not necessarily coincide with Indian interests.

The more this issue is played out and if Tamil Nadu continues to take the path it is taking, the more Tamil Nadu will be exposed to the world and the rest of India as a very tribal state where extremism is celebrated as a matter of pride.

Regarding your comments on Sri Lanka -- I think Tamil Nadu could have taken a very important role in bringing the LTTE to the negotiating table and securing a peaceful resolution of the conflict, thereby saving many Tamil and non-Tamil lives in Sri Lanka. But Tamil leaders were far more happy supporting the LTTE and providing refuge for the LTTE in Tamil Nadu -- just like they are doing now. Folks like you were too busy hanging onto the rhetoric of the likes of Vaiko, Nedumaran, Karunanidhi and celebrating the "bravery" and "valour" of Vellupillai Prabhakaran, a man who singlehandedly destroyed the Sri Lankan Tamils from within.

Even today Tamil Nadu could play an important role in improving the lives of Sri Lankan Tamils by engaging with the Sri Lankan government and investing in Tamil areas in the island. But instead, caught up in Tamil nationalism and extremism they want the Indian central government to place sanctions on Sri Lanka and give clemency to the killers of Rajiv Gandhi. Politics in Tamil Nadu is the politics of stupidity.

----

30_08_11_pg01a.jpg

Seems I have touched a raw nerve with my comments? I do stand by them though. Even at the Bharat-Rakshak forum many Indian members are echoing what I have said above. Also do read the comments of other Indians in the link I provided above. Perhaps they might enlighten you as to what other non-Tamil Indians have on their mind. There certainly is a high level of Tamil tribalism displayed by Tamil Nadu on this issue and that is regrettable, because the country should come first, not one's own ethnic loyalties.

As I have mentioned many times in the past, Tamil interests do not necessarily coincide with Indian interests.

The more this issue is played out and if Tamil Nadu continues to take the path it is taking, the more Tamil Nadu will be exposed to the world and the rest of India as a very tribal state where extremism is celebrated as a matter of pride.

Regarding your comments on Sri Lanka -- I think Tamil Nadu could have taken a very important role in bringing the LTTE to the negotiating table and securing a peaceful resolution of the conflict, thereby saving many Tamil and non-Tamil lives in Sri Lanka. But Tamil leaders were far more happy supporting the LTTE and providing refuge for the LTTE in Tamil Nadu -- just like they are doing now. Folks like you were too busy hanging onto the rhetoric of the likes of Vaiko, Nedumaran, Karunanidhi and celebrating the "bravery" and "valour" of Vellupillai Prabhakaran, a man who singlehandedly destroyed the Sri Lankan Tamils from within.

Even today Tamil Nadu could play an important role in improving the lives of Sri Lankan Tamils by engaging with the Sri Lankan government and investing in Tamil areas in the island. But instead, caught up in Tamil nationalism and extremism they want the Indian central government to place sanctions on Sri Lanka and give clemency to the killers of Rajiv Gandhi. Politics in Tamil Nadu is the politics of stupidity.

----

30_08_11_pg01a.jpg
Each state has its own interest, the reason the rest of the state have a different stand in the SL killing fields is that because they are not a stake holder in what has happened in SL, no one from the rest of INDIA have a emotional bonding to the Tamils in SL as its not their own. where as the people of TN have a moral obligation to voice as the dead and raped are our brothers and sister.
You are talking about bringing the peace accord by the Tamil Politician, but did you ever accepted the fact that was your mistate in the 1960's that led to the sitiation.
As I have itterated above, We are pround INDIANs but we are not proud Tamils as we were not able to do anything to stop the killing.
And do not add Karunanidhi to the true Tamils patriots list of Vaiko and Nedumaran. The as* hole never had a interest in the welfare of the tamils, his only aligance was to his families(first wife & sons, second wife & sons, third wife and sons, etc

And as the SL is not in favour of INDIA, as its turning to China, you have a plan to destroy INDIA by creating hatred between the rest of INDIA and TN, which is not going to happen. We are peace loving people until we are threatend by depriving of of livelyhood and pride.
Look at the other thread were SL people are showing more interest in China and creating enimity with INDIA. majority-sri-lankan-s-favors-china-latest-poll.html

Back
Top Bottom