Railway linking China, ASEAN becomes operational

cirr

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
(Xinhua)

11:05, February 24, 2013

KUNMING, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- A railway that links southwest China's Yunnan Province with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries became operational on Saturday after seven years of construction, local railway authorities said.

The railway between Yuxi and Mengzi is part of the eastern line of the planned Pan-Asia Railway network.

The 141-km railway has a designed maximum speed of 120 km per hour. It passes through 35 tunnels and crosses 61 bridges, which together account for 54.95 percent of the eastern line's total length.

The eastern line also consists of Kunming-Yuxi Railway, which had been in operation, and the Mengzi-Hekou Railway that is under construction and scheduled to be operational end of next year.

Upon the full completion of the eastern line, it will further open up China's southwest, improve transportation and boost economic development along the line, experts said.

The Pan-Asia Railway network also consists of central and western lines and is an international railway project that will bring China closer with southeast Asia.

Railway linking China, ASEAN becomes operational - People's Daily Online

very good new indeed

china-asean-railway.jpg

no, no railway between Thailand and Vietnam, investment don't get benefit.

tlsv_2012.gif

I was looking for missing rail links between India and Vietnam, I found three of them. Between India-Myanmar, Myanmar-Thailand, Thailand-Vietnam. We are building railway line with Myanmar but don't know about other two. It is the part of our "Look East " policy.

edit1.jpg

I was looking for missing rail links between India and Vietnam, I found three of them. Between India-Myanmar, Myanmar-Thailand, Thailand-Vietnam. We are building railway line with Myanmar but don't know about other two. It is the part of our "Look East " policy.

edit1.jpg

Thanks mate I remember correctly then this is first pic of ground reality I am seeing.

We are developing links with Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. Vietnam simply can't compete with our influence. Same situation with all of India's neighbors.

Bangladesh need to join in this route , when our government think about the country i really wonder :angry:

@Gigawatt

Here is an overview of Asia highspeed rail. As for VN, we are still looking for money to finance the rail. Some billions USD are needed. China is rich, while we are not :hitwall:

chinese-transcontinental-high-speed-rail-network.jpg

you are rich,high-speed rail way only need 56 billions USD but you cost 30 billions USD to buy weapons.:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gigawatt

Here is an overview of Asia highspeed rail. As for VN, we are still looking for money to finance the rail. Some billions USD are needed. China is rich, while we are not :hitwall:

Yes, this is the future plan. First we get the normal railway connectivity with South East Asia. Whole area is mountainous with thick jungles and its costing us billions of dollars to construct railway tracks in these areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom