What's new

Rahul Gandhi frankly speaking with Arnab Goswami Times Now

75054_10201491077374485_624828525_n.jpg

Bhai media mein ek friend hein mera..jo tuney bola yeh toh sabke sath hota hein.Questions ek din pehle pahunch jate hein inke pass.

Oye hero tu he kidher aaj kal :cool:

Bhai tu political forum me kya kar raha he muje to laga tera koi political view he hi nahi ;) plane uda or whatsapp me kyun nahi dikhta

You never know... he got the tough one out of the way, Rest can be easily handled as they are all more less on his payroll :D

I still remember that quote by Lord Meghnad Desai soon after state elections... ''Rahul Gandhi is the best weapon BJP has'' :lol:

I thought Arnab was not acting his usual self.
I mean, for once he could have told RG " just give a fuc*king direct answer to my question".Something of this sort anyway.

After watching RG 's interview on tv. Kapil sibbal to Manish tiwari : yeh rahul gand-hi marvayega :lol:

Arnab: What is your view, would like to expound your views, your PM accuses Narendra Modi in his press conference of presiding over "the mass massacre of innocent citizens on the streets of Ahmedabad." Mr. Rahul Gandhi my question to you is this, do you agree with your PM when he says that?

Rahul: Well, I mean what the Prime Minister is saying is a fact, Gujarat happened, people died but the real issue as far I am concerned...

Arnab: How do you accuse Mr. Narendra Modi of it?

Rahul: Gujarat happened, people died. The real issue at hand here is...

Arnab: How is Mr. Modi responsible?

Rahul: He was CM when Gujarat happened

Arnab: The fact remains that Narendra Modi has been given a clean chit, in the Gulbarg massacre case by the SIT and the court Mr. Gandhi. My question to you is "can the Congress party sustain it's attack on Mr. Narendra Modi on this issue when he has been given the clean chit by the courts in the Gujarat riots

Rahul : The congress party and the BJP have two completely different philosophies, our attack on the BJP is based on the idea that this country needs to move forward democratically, it needs push democracy deeper into the country, it needs to push democracy into the villagers, it needs to give women democratic powers, it needs to give youngsters democratic powers. It is about opening the doors of the congress party, about empowering the youth

Arnab : How is Narendra Modi responsible for the riots when the courts have given him a clean chit, politically your party's tact to criticise Narendra Modi and draw him into the Gujarat riots?

Rahul: Our political party is fighting an ideological battle Against the BJP and let me draw out the two pillars- our party believes that women should be empowered, democracy should go to every house, that RTI, and the MNREGA paradigm should be further expanded. The BJP believes power should be extremely concentrated in this country, few people should run this country and the large mass of this country should have no voice.

Arnab: Specifically speaking how is Narendra Modi, your party criticised him for the 2002 Gujarat riots, and how can you do that when he has been given a clean chit in the Gulbarg massacre by the SIT of the court. It was challenged in the court, the court upheld the SIT finding and therefore legally speaking Mr. Gandhi you cannot draw Narendra Modi into the Gujarat riots, implicate him personally. Do you believe that strategy of your party is fundamentally wrong?

Rahul: The strategy of the party is very simple. Everything we have done over that last 5-10years, in fact if you look all the way back to the freedom movement, every single thing we have ever done is empower people. We empowered people in the freedom movement, we empowered farmers in the Green revolution, and we empowered the citizens of India when we did the telecom revolution. We have empowered millions and millions of people through frankly the most powerful legislation that has ever taken place in this country called the RTI- Right to information. Things that used to be closed, things that were in closed doors which nobody knew about

Arnab: I will come to that but you haven't answered my question. Gujarat riots is the question, your party has consistently wanted to put Mr. Narendra Modi on the back foot on the Gujarat riots, he says "the court has given me clean chit" and I am asking you today, is your party's argument about putting him on the back foot on Gujarat is flawed given the ways the courts have looked at it

Rahul: The PM has stated his position on the Gujarat riots. The Gujarat riots took place, people died, Mr. Narendra Modi was in charge of Gujarat at that point. I am bringing you to a real ideological battle that is taking place here. The real ideological battle that is taking place here and the one we are going to win and that has always been one in this country is the battle of empowering people in this country. Of course there is your point of the Gujarat riots and it is very important that people who have taken part in this kind of thing are brought to book. But the real issue at hand here is empowering the women of this country, giving them true power. We talk about India being a superpower we can only be half a superpower if our women are not empowered. What I want to do is going forward is basically focus on three things. Focus on empowering our people, truly empowering our people, giving them democratic rights within the political party. I want youngsters who come in and really, really push democracy in the party. I want to empower them and I want to make India, together with everybody, taking everybody together I want to put India on the manufacturing map, I want to make this the centre of manufacturing in the world. I want to make this place at least as much as a manufacturing power as China.

Arnab: Modi Gujarat Court cleanchit
Rahul: Women, RTI MNREGA, blah blah blah
Rahul: Yeah that but Women RTI MNREGA blah blah

And this guy is practically leading the oldest party.

I think after the interview, NDA's projected seats in 2014 elections has been adjusted to 250..:victory:

Now Modi govt gets it from CAG for Rs 16,707 cr scam - Rediff.com News
K Shah in Gandhinagar
The Comptroller and Auditor General's reports on the scams under the watch of the UPA government at the Centre are being celebrated by the BJP, but when the auditor indicts the government of its blue-eyed boy in Gujarat, the party is strangely silent. K Shah reports from Gandhinagar

The Narendra Modi government in Gujarat came under the scanner of the Comptroller and Auditor General, which slammed it while detecting massive financial irregularities crossing over Rs 16,706.99 crore (Rs 167.07 billion) in its latest report which the Modi administration deliberately tried to dodge and ultimately tabled it on Friday in the House -- the last day of the assembly session.

When the report was tabled in the House, the entire Opposition was suspended from the proceedings in order to avoid discussion on the irregularities for which the statutory auditor has indicted the administration.

"Nowhere in the history of Gujarat has the CAG ever made such strong observations thereby establishing that the Modi government was indulging in unfair and corrupt means. As per the norm, the CAG report is supposed to be tabled at the beginning of the Budget session," said state Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil.

1385118_690770490935517_1315146835_n.jpg

More than 50,000 km of Sardar Sarovar Dam’s canal network remains unfinished | The Indian Express

As the Gujarat government gears up for the launch of Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious pet project,Statue of Unity (world’s tallest statue),a tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel,on October 31,more than 50,000 km of canal network of Sardar Sarovar Dam (SSD),the very site of the statue,is pending.

The government officials and ministers will fan out across India to collect iron pieces from farmers for building the 182-metre statue even as Sardar Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust,headed by Modi,will raise Rs 2,000 crore for the project. But the farmers,even after four decades of

SSD project,remain deprived of Narmada water for irrigation. Recently,Modi,underlining the fact that only 7.17 lakh hectares of the total 18.45 lakh hectares command area of minor canal network is being irrigated,had asked centre to provide the fund to accelerate the project.

According to Sardar Sarovar Nigam Limited (SSNL) records,as of now 37,841.08-long km of sub- minor canal network,which will supply water to farms from main canal,is still pending. The total length of sub-minor canals network runs into 48,058 km. That means so far only 10,216 km of the network is being completed.

The work on minor canals,too,is moving at snail’s pace. Of the total 18,413 km long network,so far 7,620 km long pipeline have been laid even as work on the remaining 10,792 km is pending. Of the total 5,112 km of sub-branch canals,only 2719.95 km has been completed.

The delay has mostly been caused by lack of fund. The Modi government wants the Centre to give it 90 per cent financial assistance under the Accelerated Irrigation benefit program. In August,Modi wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to consider the Desert Development Program (DDP) as per Drought Prone Area Program (DPAP). He said in the letter dated August 3,“Ninety per cent DDP grant will help the state to further proceed with building minor pipeline network,which so far covers command area of 7.19 lakh hectares of the total 18.45 hectares.”

“Given the speed at which the work on sub-minor and minor canal is going on,it may take another decade to complete the project,” said an official from Gujarat irrigation department. In 2011-2012,only 10.42 km work of sub-minor canal was done,followed by 36.60 km in the previous financial year. The work of minor canal,however,gained some acceleration from 2012-2013 which saw the network of 1,468 km bring laid,followed by 789 km so far in this financial year.

1003227_690763270936239_1788229332_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now Modi govt gets it from CAG for Rs 16,707 cr scam - Rediff.com News
K Shah in Gandhinagar
The Comptroller and Auditor General's reports on the scams under the watch of the UPA government at the Centre are being celebrated by the BJP, but when the auditor indicts the government of its blue-eyed boy in Gujarat, the party is strangely silent. K Shah reports from Gandhinagar

The Narendra Modi government in Gujarat came under the scanner of the Comptroller and Auditor General, which slammed it while detecting massive financial irregularities crossing over Rs 16,706.99 crore (Rs 167.07 billion) in its latest report which the Modi administration deliberately tried to dodge and ultimately tabled it on Friday in the House -- the last day of the assembly session.

When the report was tabled in the House, the entire Opposition was suspended from the proceedings in order to avoid discussion on the irregularities for which the statutory auditor has indicted the administration.

"Nowhere in the history of Gujarat has the CAG ever made such strong observations thereby establishing that the Modi government was indulging in unfair and corrupt means. As per the norm, the CAG report is supposed to be tabled at the beginning of the Budget session," said state Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil.

1385118_690770490935517_1315146835_n.jpg

More than 50,000 km of Sardar Sarovar Dam’s canal network remains unfinished | The Indian Express

As the Gujarat government gears up for the launch of Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious pet project,Statue of Unity (world’s tallest statue),a tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel,on October 31,more than 50,000 km of canal network of Sardar Sarovar Dam (SSD),the very site of the statue,is pending.

The government officials and ministers will fan out across India to collect iron pieces from farmers for building the 182-metre statue even as Sardar Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust,headed by Modi,will raise Rs 2,000 crore for the project. But the farmers,even after four decades of

SSD project,remain deprived of Narmada water for irrigation. Recently,Modi,underlining the fact that only 7.17 lakh hectares of the total 18.45 lakh hectares command area of minor canal network is being irrigated,had asked centre to provide the fund to accelerate the project.

According to Sardar Sarovar Nigam Limited (SSNL) records,as of now 37,841.08-long km of sub- minor canal network,which will supply water to farms from main canal,is still pending. The total length of sub-minor canals network runs into 48,058 km. That means so far only 10,216 km of the network is being completed.

The work on minor canals,too,is moving at snail’s pace. Of the total 18,413 km long network,so far 7,620 km long pipeline have been laid even as work on the remaining 10,792 km is pending. Of the total 5,112 km of sub-branch canals,only 2719.95 km has been completed.

The delay has mostly been caused by lack of fund. The Modi government wants the Centre to give it 90 per cent financial assistance under the Accelerated Irrigation benefit program. In August,Modi wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to consider the Desert Development Program (DDP) as per Drought Prone Area Program (DPAP). He said in the letter dated August 3,“Ninety per cent DDP grant will help the state to further proceed with building minor pipeline network,which so far covers command area of 7.19 lakh hectares of the total 18.45 hectares.”

“Given the speed at which the work on sub-minor and minor canal is going on,it may take another decade to complete the project,” said an official from Gujarat irrigation department. In 2011-2012,only 10.42 km work of sub-minor canal was done,followed by 36.60 km in the previous financial year. The work of minor canal,however,gained some acceleration from 2012-2013 which saw the network of 1,468 km bring laid,followed by 789 km so far in this financial year.

1003227_690763270936239_1788229332_n.jpg
rahul_gandhi.jpg

images
images
Rahul-Gandhi-10-Steps-to-being-a-Leader_thumb4.jpg
Funny-Indian-Election-Cartoons-in-Hindi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom