What's new

Rafale D Semi-Stealthy jets offered to India

Hmmmm..... Things just got interesting. Dassault sure are going all out to bag this deal. You know what they say- a friend in need is a friend indeed!! Lol.

Currently India is the only friend which Rafale Needs
coz when India buys rafale then so will Brazil , UAE , Switzerland and many other countries

currently Rafale F3 will cost us 87 Million per unit for first 18 aircrafts and 79
million per unit for remaining 108 fighters
Any source supporting this price ??

Rafale D Semi-Stealthy jets offered to India

France had offered India its Rafale D Semi-Stealthy jets.

Rafale D - Currently Dassault using this designation (D for Discret or Stealthy) in the production for the new versions of Rafale jets for the French Air force, Rafale D jets includes new semi-stealthy features they had added to the design.

Also the Specification of Rafale D remains close for the outsiders for now.

Another Advantage for Rafale

Already operational Rafale M carrier-borne version of Rafale jets, possibilities of Rafale M jets may induct to Vikrant class aircraft carriers.

Enter the AMCA Project

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) is a single-seat twin-engine fifth-generation stealth multi-role fighter being developed by India.

By Selecting Rafale D it will provide more benefits to AMCA, Indicating possible deals between Dassault & HAL on the Development of AMCA.

Main Disadvantage for the Eurofighter Typhoon

Eurofighter Typhoon program shared between many countries; also it will have a bigger impact for Eurofighter Typhoon if one partner pulls out from Eurofighter Typhoon program.

Latest developments in the EU Zone remain a concern.

Got the details in a recent friendly chat with some people from India.

I thought to share with you guys.

any link to the orignal news or Articale?

Thats actually the reason why many in IAF prefer Rafales
coz if Dessault does manage to deliver all the aircrafts by end 2018 , it will enable IAF to begin retiring its Jaguars from 2017 rather than the Planned 2020-22

Source?

There were some indication that France is working on advanced version of Rafale for years. It has been inducted long time ago, so some work expected from Dassault.

mmrca tender documents filed by Dessault
they have also promised to deliver 126 rafales by 2018
I mean how did you got hold of tender documents ? Isn't it suppose to be top secret ? Do you have EF info also ? Please share with us...

mmrca tender documents filed by Dessault
they have also promised to deliver 126 rafales by 2018

they cant make that promise as hal will be doing the manufacturing, and the pace will be decided by how quickly hal can absorb the tech and how good the new assembly line they are building for the mrca will be

I think it is more than likely that this is the version IAF may get as from what I understand the "Stealthy" components added to the Rafele are retro-fitted to existing Rafales and does not require any MAJOR structural changes. As such there would be no difference of Dassault adding these features than EFT offering AESA in 2015 or CFT in the future.

Someone posted a few days ago that USA has offered F-35 to India,if thats true then I think India will go for F-35

the F-35 is 100 million dollars a unit i doubt India would go for the F-35 (which in a computer simulation by Rand Corp lost to 4th/4.5gen Su-27 and SU-35) when france is offering the reduced RCS Rafale D and willing to partner on the AMCA Project

India doesnt want a buyer seller relationship it wants to jointly develop hi tech equipment and weaponry so it can be SWADESHI :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom