DavidSling

Reaction score
Country
Israel
  • 17 JULY, 2017
  • SOURCE: FLIGHTGLOBAL.COM
  • BY: ARIE EGOZI
  • TEL AVIV
India is about to sign a contract to equip its Dassault Rafales with Rafael's Litening targeting pod, according to Yuval Miller, head of the Israeli company's air and C4I systems division.

Miller says the advanced sensors will be manufactured by a local company that is jointly owned by Rafael and an Indian partner. "The Rafale is a multi-role aircraft, and the Litening gives it the flexibility to deal with ground and air targets with the same efficiency," he notes.

India will acquire systems including in a Litening 4I standard, which Rafael says enables host aircraft to fly intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance missions.

New Delhi's initial Rafale acquisition is for 36 of the French-built aircraft, but Dassault is already eyeing follow-on sales opportunities with the Indian air force and navy.

The Indian air force already uses the Rafael-produced pod on several types of combat aircraft, having acquired the system in the Litening III standard. Rafael also is to supply its advanced 4I version of the system for use by the Aeronautical Development Agency's Tejas light combat aircraft.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...test-indian-contract-for-litening-pod-439367/

• 17 JULY, 2017
  • TEL AVIV
India is about to sign a contract to equip its Dassault Rafales with Rafael's Litening targeting pod, according to Yuval Miller, head of the Israeli company's air and C4I systems division.

Miller says the advanced sensors will be manufactured by a local company that is jointly owned by Rafael and an Indian partner. "The Rafale is a multi-role aircraft, and the Litening gives it the flexibility to deal with ground and air targets with the same efficiency," he notes.

India will acquire systems including in a Litening 4I standard, which Rafael says enables host aircraft to fly intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance missions.

New Delhi's initial Rafale acquisition is for 36 of the French-built aircraft, but Dassault is already eyeing follow-on sales opportunities with the Indian air force and navy.

The Indian air force already uses the Rafael-produced pod on several types of combat aircraft, having acquired the system in the Litening III standard. Rafael also is to supply its advanced 4I version of the system for use by the Aeronautical Development Agency's Tejas light combat aircraft.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...test-indian-contract-for-litening-pod-439367/
Rafael LDPs for the Rafale :D

In addition to the >150 unit LITENING G4I contract last year for MKI, MiG-29, LCA and M2K SQNs which itself is in addition to the few hundred LITENING G2/3 LDPs already in service in India that are to be upgraded to the G4 standard as part of the contract from last year.

629.jpg

Litening is a combat-proven multi-spectral airborne targeting pod. It is designed for targeting and designation of targets by day and night. Litening presents pilots with real-time, Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) and TV HD color camera imagery. The high resolution sensors and the electro optical effective design enables pilots to operate the pod at standoff ranges reliably identify the targets and consequently avoid collateral damage. It is fully operational 24 hours a day and in adverse weather conditions.

The Litening Pod is in operational use worldwide. Over 1500 Pods have already been sold to customers around the world. It is integrated on more than 20 platforms: Western, Eastern, European and more.

All sensors are incorporated in a single pod and provide the fighter aircrew with the flexibility to perform multiple missions/tasks including:
  • Detection/Recognition/Identification/Laser designation of targets at standoff
  • EO tracking of multi stationary targets in A/G missions
  • Auto detection of multi dynamic targets in A/G missions and aerial targets in A/A missions
  • EO tracking of the selected aerial target in A/A mission
  • Accurate target location extraction and pointing
  • Co-operative missions with target hand-over by Laser spot detection & Laser marking means utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
  • Interoperability with advanced munitions (JDAM, Image and location oriented)
http://www.rafael.co.il/5650-1039-en/Marketing.aspx

• 17 JULY, 2017
  • TEL AVIV

Great news. Waiting for Rafale to see in Indian colors.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom